doodles

help about I-864

9 posts in this topic

hi...my husband is about to file the affidavit of support...i just want to ask everybody if he will include his parents living with him in the household size eventhough his parents is not dependent on him? thnk u

Yes he does. Here is a quote from the I-864 instructions:

"For the purpose of the affidavit of support, household size includes

yourself, all persons related to you by birth, marriage, or

adoption living in your residence, your dependents, any

immigrants you have previously sponsored using INS Form

I-864 if that obligation has not terminated, and the intending

immigrant(s) in Part 3 of this affidavit of support."

Filed: Timeline

hi...my husband is about to file the affidavit of support...i just want to ask everybody if he will include his parents living with him in the household size eventhough his parents is not dependent on him? thnk u

will the persons related to my husband need to send their IRS or w2?

doodles,

Will your husband be including their income in the Household Income that he reports in his I-864?

Yodrak

doodles,

Will your husband be including their income in the Household Income that he reports in his I-864?

Yodrak

hi..im just worried about the affidavit of support...and pls spare me coz i did not understand it well...so pls help me...here's the situation: my husband is going to file his affidavit of support...im the only one who is being sponsored.. and his income meet the poverty line..but he's living with his parents to save money from renting apartment and he is not supporting them...now the problem is, in the form it says that you will list all household members related to you by birth. so that's sums up to four household members... equivalent to 24,187... but he's income is good for only the two of us...thus this mean that it will affect his petition to me because he doesn't meet the poverty line when he included his household members that are not dependent on him...i appreciate ur help...i'm depressed about this already...thanks

hi..im just worried about the affidavit of support...and pls spare me coz i did not understand it well...so pls help me...here's the situation: my husband is going to file his affidavit of support...im the only one who is being sponsored.. and his income meet the poverty line..but he's living with his parents to save money from renting apartment and he is not supporting them...now the problem is, in the form it says that you will list all household members related to you by birth. so that's sums up to four household members... equivalent to 24,187... but he's income is good for only the two of us...thus this mean that it will affect his petition to me because he doesn't meet the poverty line when he included his household members that are not dependent on him...i appreciate ur help...i'm depressed about this already...thanks

Yes, as he is living with his parents, they are to be in included as household members regardless of whether he supports them or not. He can include any income they have in order to meet the requirements for 4 (your husband, you, and his parents)

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yes, as he is living with his parents, they are to be in included as household members regardless of whether he supports them or not. He can include any income they have in order to meet the requirements for 4 (your husband, you, and his parents)

...... (from Aussie's thought) AND they (household members) are willing to pledge their funds toward the support. The son can't just tack their income onto his I-864 without their participation.

I know you now that, it just read weird :)

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

doodles,

It's the affidavit of support that I'm asking about. Aussiewench and meauxna have explained why I asked.

It's good that you want to understand the affidavit, but as its your husband's affidavit it's essential that he understand it - he should be asking these questions and be the one to explain it to you.

Yodrak

doodles,

Yodrak

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
You may count the income and assets of members of your household who are related to you by birth, marriage, or adoption. To use their income you must have listed them as dependents on your most recent federal tax return or they must have lived with you for the last 6 months. They must also complete a Form I-864A, Contract between Sponsor and Household Member.

USCIS

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.