mrs_gonzo

Regarding change of adress and evidence

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

The control freak in me.was thinking about more things regarding our upcoming aos.

1. We are getting married the end of november but ill then return to va for 3.5 weeks to finish the semester and finalize my move to cali. Can I file the change of adress online right after we got married, although im going back to va for 3 weeks? It may be a stupid question but I would like for him to send up our.aos package as son as he receives the marriage certificate with my new adress, which may be a week or 2 b4 I move there. I heard it takes a while until the adress is updated but I dont know if it can cause.an issue?

2.when we file, is it ok to first only have evidence for our relationship? We have boarding passes, tickets etc from the last 5 years and especially the last 3 we flew from east to west.coast every.6 -8 weeks to see each other for a week at a time. We shared bank accounts (or been authorized users for each others bank accounts) since 2010 and he put me on his car titles. He was able to add me to his car insurance this month, since we have a date set for our wedding, but all the other services wont allow him to add me until we are actually married. There may be only 2 weeks between our wedding and the filing

., so I dont know if we have proof for the bills etc by then, but can we send in what we have now (which is a billion things) and later bring utility bills with both our names on to the interview?

Im making a big deal out of everything, so I apologize for asking all these questions so far in advanve. Thanks a lot!

~Sometimes you must live through the darkness in order to see the light~

♥ ♥ ♥ 11/30/2012 - We got married in San Diego, CA ♥ ♥ ♥

CoS from J1 to F1 now AoS

Day 00 - 01/02/2013 sent AOS package via USPS

Day 02 - 01/04/2013 package arrived in the am *patiently waiting for more*

Day 05 - 01/07/2013 received text messages for all 4 forms

Day 06 - 01/08/2013 checks been cashed

Day 08 - 01/10/2013 received NOAs for all four forms

Day 12 - 01/14/2013 received appointment letter for biometrics on 02/01/2013 but completed biometrics the same day

Day 27 - 01/29/2013 received email that our case is ready to be scheduled for an Interview :)

Day 29 - 01/31/2013 received an email that our Interview will be on March 6 2013!!!!!!!!!

Day 33 - 02/04/2013 received hardcopy of interview letter

Day 62 - 03/05/2013 EAD/AP approved

Day 63 - 03/06/2013 scheduled interview appointment - APPROVED

Day 66 - 03/09/2013 I130 & I485 Approval noitces arrived in the mail

Day 70 - 03/13/2013 EAD/ AP combo card arrives in the mail

Day 71 - 03/14/2013 Greencard arrives yay!!!

x7gf2rvxm9gk.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The control freak in me.was thinking about more things regarding our upcoming aos.

1. We are getting married the end of november but ill then return to va for 3.5 weeks to finish the semester and finalize my move to cali. Can I file the change of adress online right after we got married, although im going back to va for 3 weeks? It may be a stupid question but I would like for him to send up our.aos package as son as he receives the marriage certificate with my new adress, which may be a week or 2 b4 I move there. I heard it takes a while until the adress is updated but I dont know if it can cause.an issue?

2.when we file, is it ok to first only have evidence for our relationship? We have boarding passes, tickets etc from the last 5 years and especially the last 3 we flew from east to west.coast every.6 -8 weeks to see each other for a week at a time. We shared bank accounts (or been authorized users for each others bank accounts) since 2010 and he put me on his car titles. He was able to add me to his car insurance this month, since we have a date set for our wedding, but all the other services wont allow him to add me until we are actually married. There may be only 2 weeks between our wedding and the filing

., so I dont know if we have proof for the bills etc by then, but can we send in what we have now (which is a billion things) and later bring utility bills with both our names on to the interview?

Im making a big deal out of everything, so I apologize for asking all these questions so far in advanve. Thanks a lot!

I think it's fine to change your address right after you're married. I assume you're changing it to the address where your husband already lives, right? So if anything gets sent there while you're in VA, he'll be able to receive it?

For the evidence you send with your application, the instructions only request a couple things - joint bank account, joint lease, etc. So you can send just a few and bring everything else to the interview. Personally, I don't think it's necessary to overload the application with emails and plane tickets. Sounds like you have a ton of evidence. I'd just send the joint bank accounts, car insurance, and maybe the car titles. Bring everything else to the interview.

AOS

5/16/2012 - Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox at 1:33pm

5/21/2012 - Email/text notifications received at 4:50 p.m.

5/26/2012 - NOA hard copies received for I-130, I-485 and I-765

6/19/2012 - Biometrics completed.

7/02/2012 - Text/email/hard copy notification of interview.

7/30/2012 - EAD card production ordered.

8/02/2012 - Interview @ 2:00

8/02/2012 - Email notification of GC production at 5:30pm

8/07/2012 - Second GC production email

8/07/2012 - EAD received.

8/08/2012 - GC mailed.

8/09/2012 - Welcome letter and I-130 approval letter received.

8/10/2012 - Green card received. :)

Timeline

I think it's fine to change your address right after you're married. I assume you're changing it to the address where your husband already lives, right? So if anything gets sent there while you're in VA, he'll be able to receive it?

For the evidence you send with your application, the instructions only request a couple things - joint bank account, joint lease, etc. So you can send just a few and bring everything else to the interview. Personally, I don't think it's necessary to overload the application with emails and plane tickets. Sounds like you have a ton of evidence. I'd just send the joint bank accounts, car insurance, and maybe the car titles. Bring everything else to the interview.

Yes im going to live at his house n current address. I just thought that it may cause a problem cause my I20 has my va adress. But I think ill have him file everything with my updated address even if I dont live there and also do the address change right after our wedding. If somrone asks ill tell them that I just went back to va to finish school for 3 weeks.

I think ill include a couple emails from expedia schowing when we travelled the past years (mostly the last 2), ill include evidence for the joint accounts, the car insurance and titles. Ill also include.a few pix. I just hope thats enough to not receive a request for evidence and hold up our process.

by the time of the interview we will have plenty of bills etc on both ours names, and even have his sister, who will live with us for a while, write.something about our marriage.

I wish I could just relax but there are so many things on my mind regarding our aos. We ave been acting like a married couple.for years.and have been serious since day one, but you never know what uscis thinks and decides...

Day 12 - 01/14/2013 received appointment letter for biometrics on 02/01/2013 but completed biometrics the same day

Day 27 - 01/29/2013 received email that our case is ready to be scheduled for an Interview :)

Day 29 - 01/31/2013 received an email that our Interview will be on March 6 2013!!!!!!!!!

x7gf2rvxm9gk.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I sent a joint lease, joint bank account, joint credit card, and health insurance cards. No pictures or emails or anything very personal like that. I haven't received an RFE (finger's crossed).

My thought was to send things in the mail that don't require any explanation. I'll bring pictures, plane tickets and emails to the interview where I can say "this is the first email he ever sent me. This is the ticket from the first time he visited, etc."

Anyway, it sounds like you have tons of stuff so you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

AOS

5/16/2012 - Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox at 1:33pm

5/21/2012 - Email/text notifications received at 4:50 p.m.

5/26/2012 - NOA hard copies received for I-130, I-485 and I-765

6/19/2012 - Biometrics completed.

7/02/2012 - Text/email/hard copy notification of interview.

7/30/2012 - EAD card production ordered.

8/02/2012 - Interview @ 2:00

8/02/2012 - Email notification of GC production at 5:30pm

8/07/2012 - Second GC production email

8/07/2012 - EAD received.

8/08/2012 - GC mailed.

8/09/2012 - Welcome letter and I-130 approval letter received.

8/10/2012 - Green card received. :)

For our AOS we sent in a certified copy of the marriage certificate, proof my wife was on my employer's benefits as beneficiary, a car tile and the application itself. At the interview we still had no joint accounts and all the IO did was mention the medical, the I-864, and began asking questions to confirm the information on the application. We were done in 20 minutes. She did keep another copy of the marriage certificate after lookig at the original. That was it. She did keep the I-94 and made copies of our IDs too. We'll see what happends at ROC, but now we have a bit more "stuff" together.

For the change of address, you have 10 days from when you officially move. Up to you as to when that is. Since you will be filig AOS, all the mailings from the USCIS will come to the address put on the form. Just remember that after filing AOS, your husband needs to notify the USCIS of an address change via the I-865 until you are no longer bound by the I-864 form.

Good luck,

Dave

Timeline

Alrighty, then ill just sent evidence for our joint accounts, car titles and the car insurance. It just doesnt sound like a lot and I wish all the other services would be more open and flexible and not have us wait to add me until we are actually married. Maybe ill have my sister inlaw just write something about our relationship and wedding and then later about us as newlyweds and living together. In the meantime ill have him annoy them a little vit more until they give in, and maybe if not, they can still send us a confirmation letter stating they added me.

10 days? my guess is he will be able to file our aos about a week b4 I move there, so maybe ill just change my address once I get there but have my forms filled out with the cali address.

Thanks everyone, and good luck to you guys as well!

x7gf2rvxm9gk.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.