mdglotzbach

K-1 visa concerns

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You heard wrong. The strongest evidence of a bona fide relationship is evidence of time spent together. Photos from one visit ARE evidence of time spent together but it's the time, not the photos that matter.

Thank you for all your help. I will be planning a visit for before her interview comes. She is very excited I will come again and so are her parents.

I do have one other question about the I-134 I do make over the 100% required for it but I'm a little shy of the 125% that I know will come later. My dad will be a cosponsor if needed when the i864 comes round when she moves here, but should he also fill out an i-134 to show that I do have the help for 125% when later needed? I also have a good amount in savings, some profit sharing and some assets. I'm up for a promotion by the end of the year and I'd make the 125% by then for sure, but if it doesn't come up in time I was wondering about how that would go?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

My petition has approved and going to NVC, what should we do next?. My fiance need to do the affidavit for me too, when is the right time to do it?. We just met once and engaged on that meeting, he visited me for 4 days, we have engagement and pre wedding pictures from studio and engagement pictures with my family and thousands of messages. I met him online on November 2010, do you think our evidence strong enough?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Thank you for all your help. I will be planning a visit for before her interview comes. She is very excited I will come again and so are her parents.

I do have one other question about the I-134 I do make over the 100% required for it but I'm a little shy of the 125% that I know will come later. My dad will be a cosponsor if needed when the i864 comes round when she moves here, but should he also fill out an i-134 to show that I do have the help for 125% when later needed? I also have a good amount in savings, some profit sharing and some assets. I'm up for a promotion by the end of the year and I'd make the 125% by then for sure, but if it doesn't come up in time I was wondering about how that would go?

Yes, Dad will need to do the I-134 as well unless you have well over $3 in documented liquid assets for every dollar of income shortfall below 125%. Guangzhou requires the 125% as a MINIMUM, even for the K1 as does nearly any other Consulate.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I said "some" of the strongest evidence, not the strongest evidence. Of course actual time spent together is the strongest evidence! So I don't think I heard wrong.

event.pngJoanna (Ying) is from Zhu Hai, China
Met online June 2011,
First visit August 2011 for two weeks,
Second visit November 2011 for one week,
Sent I-129F in Dec 2011,
12-22-2011 - NOA1 Received
Third visit April 2012 for two weeks (met all her family! Lots of "Ganbei!!!" (cheers) with her brothers with 100 proof - whew!))
05-09-2012 - NOA2 Received
05-09-2012 - ???? - CSC accidentally sends approved NOA2 to a storage facility, then has to retrieve it - Auuggghh!!
07-02-2012 - NVC Received
07-26-2012 - Packet 3 returned
07-27-2012 - Packet 3 received (yes- one day after she already sent it in- mini short-cut)
08-09-2012 - Packet 4 e-mail received
09-04-2012 - Interview
09-19-2012 - Received Visa
09-28-2012 - Ying's POE date (Chicago O'Hare)
10-27-2012 - Married!!!
11-20-2012 - AOS forms sent to USCIS

12-26-2012 - Biometrics Appointment

02-10-2013 - Ying gets I-512 Combo work authorization and travel authorization advanced parole card

06-23-2013 - Ying returns to China to assist with completing son's K2 Visa

07-10-2013 - Ying's son, Zongyang, passes K2 Visa interview in Guangzhou

07-29-2013 - Ying's I-485 AOS is approved

08-03-2013 - Ying's 2 year green card arrives in mail (she's still in China with son)

08-08-2013 - Ying and Zongyang enter US, HK to Toronto to O'Hare

Timeline

Yes, Dad will need to do the I-134 as well unless you have well over $3 in documented liquid assets for every dollar of income shortfall below 125%. Guangzhou requires the 125% as a MINIMUM, even for the K1 as does nearly any other Consulate.

Ok thanks! You've definitely eased my mind on alot of this. Is it ok that I use skype to call her phone? I pay $40 for three months of unlimited calls but it would show a chinese number on her phone records. Or should I get a international plan on my phone so my american number will show up on her phone records?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Ok thanks! You've definitely eased my mind on alot of this. Is it ok that I use skype to call her phone? I pay $40 for three months of unlimited calls but it would show a chinese number on her phone records. Or should I get a international plan on my phone so my american number will show up on her phone records?

Why not use the Skype records showing you calling her phone?

If Skype can't do that, then I suggest Dynasky.com for phone calls to China.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Why not use the Skype records showing you calling her phone?

If Skype can't do that, then I suggest Dynasky.com for phone calls to China.

Skype can do that, I sent in every other month I had for the petition. This should be my last question for now, thanks for all the help hopefully I'm not too much of a bother. Do you think January is too late for a visit? I'm thinking either November or January. January works out better for my work schedule, just hope it's not too late for the interview time, i think it will be later though from how processing times are.

Edited by mdglotzbach

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.