Brex

Shots for Medical / Vacunas - Ciudad Juarez, Mexico

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My wife doesn't have her shots up to date. Which means she will probably have to get them all at the medical exam.

So, me being a bit curiouse, what exactly will they give her? and how much money should I expect to spend aside from the $165 medical exam fee?

They do say that some shots are not available. Should I be worried about that? will they require her to get those shots and where if they are not available at those medical centers? Has anyone experienced this?

-----------------------------------

Mi esposa no esta al dia con sus vacunas. De seguro que le tendran que llenar de vacunas el dia de su examen medico. ( la pobre :blush: )

Yo y mi curiosidad, queriamos saber que es lo que mas o menos le daran? y cuando dinero me costaria aparte de la cuota de $165 del examen medico?

Tambien se menciona que algunas vacunas no estan disponibles. Deberia preocuparme de eso? requeriran que ella obtenga una vacuna de esas if como no esta disponible en esos centros medicos, que sucedera? A alguien aqui le ha pasado?

My wife doesn't have her shots up to date. Which means she will probably have to get them all at the medical exam.

So, me being a bit curiouse, what exactly will they give her? and how much money should I expect to spend aside from the $165 medical exam fee?

They do say that some shots are not available. Should I be worried about that? will they require her to get those shots and where if they are not available at those medical centers? Has anyone experienced this?

-----------------------------------

Mi esposa no esta al dia con sus vacunas. De seguro que le tendran que llenar de vacunas el dia de su examen medico. ( la pobre :blush: )

Yo y mi curiosidad, queriamos saber que es lo que mas o menos le daran? y cuando dinero me costaria aparte de la cuota de $165 del examen medico?

Tambien se menciona que algunas vacunas no estan disponibles. Deberia preocuparme de eso? requeriran que ella obtenga una vacuna de esas if como no esta disponible en esos centros medicos, que sucedera? A alguien aqui le ha pasado?

Hello, I had to recieve only one shot here in Guatemala City (it was Tetanus) and they charged me $15 for that one. I'm sure they will have all the vaccines she needs, available at the doctor's office. Good luck.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Unfortunately in Mexico they don't give vaccinations. She will have to get them upon her arrival in the US from a USCIS approved civil surgeon.

K-1 Visa Journey

December 8, 2009 - Met in Monterrey, Mexico
December 28, 2010 - Officially started dating!
July 2,2011 - He proposed in Downtown Monterrey, Mexico, I accepted
September 16, 2011 - Mailed I-129F Application
September 19, 2011 - I-129F arrived at Dallas Lockbox
September 22, 2011 - NOA1
September 24, 2011 - Check cashed!
September 26, 2011 - NOA1 hard copy arrived in the mail
January 3, 2012 - NOA2 email and text message!
January 6, 2012 - NOA2 Hardcopy arrived in the mail.
February 16, 2012 - Packet 3 (invitation letter) arrives in the mail.
March 12, 2012 - ASC Appointment
March 15, 2012 - Interview at Consulate in CDJ.
March 15, 2012 - Approved!
April 18, 2012 - POE - Houston, Texas
June 9, 2012 - Married!

Adjustment of Status Journey
July 26, 2012 - Mailed AOS Application
August 1, 2012 - NOA1
August 2, 2012 - Received Biometrics Letter
August 16, 2012 - Received Hard Copy of NOA1
August 23, 2012 - Biometrics
September 25, 2012 - Approved I131
September 25, 2012 - EAD/AP Combo Card sent to production
October 3, 2012 - EAD/AP Combo Card Arrived

April 29, 2013 - AOS Approved Without Interview!

May 6, 2013 - Card arrived in the mail

ROC Journey

event.png

Timeline

So she get's them when she is at the POE, or later? Is there a timefram she has to get that done? I haven't read anything about this now since you mentioned it.

In my packet 4 they sent a price list for Juarez (also on the NVC website). They will probably try to verify Tdap, MMR and Pneumococcal from what I have seen in others posts. Don't know where the other person head they no longer do that if that is recent but this is what they sent in.

American Consulate’s Ciudad Juarez Panel Physician Vaccination Price List

Dtap $ 60.00 currently not available

Tdap $ 60.00

Polio (IPV/Salk) $ 50.00 currently not available

MMR (measles/Mumps/Rubella) $ 40.00

Rotavirus $ 75.00 currently not available

Hib $ 32.00 currently not available

Hepatitis A $ 35.00

Hepatitis B $ 30.00

Varicella $ 60.00

Pneumococcal (Adult) $ 30.00

Influenza (seasonal) $ 26.00 currently not available

Pneumococcal (Pediatric) $ 95.00

Meningococcal $110.00 currently not available

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

The above post with the price list is correct. The other guy is wrong. USCIS doesnt require shots for K-1 Fiance visas. They do require them for people that are married. Check You Tube for videos about the type of Visa you are applying for. Look for the newest ones. Male sure they are realted to the Juarez Consulate.

Timeline

So do you think my wife should go get her shots up to date with her local doctor?

I've been reading the reviews here on VJ for people that have recently gone through Ciudad Juarez and some have mentioned that they do get shots. So I am assuming that they do give them.

Timeline

My wife is just going to get them done again at the medical exam (she had them done as a kid but no documentation). From reading some of the reviews I read that they are very picking on what documentation they will accept for verification. We don't want to chance it so we are just planning to re-do them at the exam. That way we don't have to do any more/less than what is required.

The medical exam is $190 now not $165

YOu do get your vaccines in Cd Juarez. In our case my hubby was given about 4 or 5 shots and he had his cartilla! He ended up paying 5,000 pesos cause of the exchange rate they use there!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.