apeach601

Bringing family

6 posts in this topic

Morning,

I just curious, My aunt and godmother from my family size wants to come to the US. Is there any way that I can help her with the paperwork. Is there anyway I can petion her. Also I am the godmother to her youngest daughter. For those of you who are not aware of what a godmother is, when you get baptized through the catholic church you get a second mother. If anything would happen to your biological mother she should take care of you.

:help::help:

Our Timeline

01/03/2006 Sent Via express mail.

01/05/2006 Received and signend by P. Novak.

01/11/2006 Still waiting.... I check everyday.

01/12/2006 Check Cashed.....

01/13/2006 Noa received on 01/13/06 Friday the 13th Ooooohhhhh.

01/27/2006 Touched.

02/10/2006 Aproved NOA 2

02/13/2006 Noa 2 emailed ..... So happy

02/15/2006 Called NVC Received new case #

02/16/2006 Received NOA 2 Snail mail.

02/17/2006 Sent to the consulate

05/10/2006 Still waiting for interview sucks

05/19/2006 Going to see my honey !!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

A Visitors Visa is a B2, the application process will be on the Consulate Web site for the country concerned.

They apply, sponsorship is only for immigration not visiting.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Morning,

I just curious, My aunt and godmother from my family size wants to come to the US. Is there any way that I can help her with the paperwork. Is there anyway I can petion her. Also I am the godmother to her youngest daughter. For those of you who are not aware of what a godmother is, when you get baptized through the catholic church you get a second mother. If anything would happen to your biological mother she should take care of you.

:help::help:

If by "coming to the US" you mean immigration, then I don't believe you can petition for your aunt or the god mother.

* If you are a US Citizen you may petition for the following foreign national relatives to immigrate to the United States; however you must be able to provide proof of the relationships:

o Husband or wife;

o Unmarried child under 21 years old;

o Unmarried son or daughter over 21;

o Married son or daughter of any age;

o Brother or sister, if you are at least 21 years old; or

o Parent, if you are at least 21 years old.

* If you are a lawful permanent resident you may petition for the following foreign national relatives to immigrate to the United States; however you must be able to provide proof of the relationships:

o Husband or wife; or

o Unmarried son or daughter of any age.

Edited by kc456

09-02-2005 Applications for AOS, EAD, and AP received by MSC

10-21-2005 AOS fingerprint notice for 12-08-2005

11-07-2005 AP approved

12-05-2005 Infopass appt at San Jose office for interim EAD -- Refused, because it is already approved by MSC on 11-07-2005

12-07-2005 Attempt at interim EAD at San Francisco office -- no go. Back to San Jose, where CSO (chief station officer) tells they will contact MSC via email to request permission to issue interim EAD

12-08-2005 Biometrics for AOS and EAD. Having no EAD appt letter was no problem (used EAD NOA)

12-15-2005 EAD arrived in the mail

12-24-2005 Received interview letter; interview scheduled 03-01-2006

01-28-2006 Received replacement SSN card in married name (5 wks since application)

03-01-2006 AOS interview -- approved; received stamp in the passport

03-13-2006 Green card arrived in the mail

---

Filing for removal of conditions

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
...sponsorship is only for immigration not visiting.
A signed I-134 on behalf of a B2 applicant does help the applicant over come financial proof on how they will travel to the US and on what resources they will live while there. However, the I-134 does little to prove home ties to the applicant's country, thus this hurdle which can be the most difficult in many countries around the world still cannot be overcome by anything we the inviting USC's do or say.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
A signed I-134 on behalf of a B2 applicant does help the applicant over come financial proof on how they will travel to the US and on what resources they will live while there. However, the I-134 does little to prove home ties to the applicant's country, thus this hurdle which can be the most difficult in many countries around the world still cannot be overcome by anything we the inviting USC's do or say.

I always thought that this was a Catch 22, the mere act of supplying it suggests immigrant intent and anyway it is not legally enforcable.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

Boiler,

No, the act of financially sponsoring a tourist does not necessarily suggest immigrant intent. I sponsored my wife for her B2 visas when she was my girlfriend, and I sponsored her parents last year when they applied for B2 visas to visit us. Without my financial assistance, they would not have been able to afford the trips and therefore would not have qualified for the visas.

True, I-134 is but a promise to pay, not an enforceable obligation to pay.

Yodrak

I always thought that this was a Catch 22, the mere act of supplying it suggests immigrant intent and anyway it is not legally enforcable.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.