waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Isi,

Everyone, (receptionists, cab drivers, random people in the lobby and even the Immigration officer that gave the interview) keeps insisting to Roberto that he needs to go to the bridge once he gets his visa from DHL. I just want to confirm one more time that he doesn't go to the bridge because he is flying back to Merida and his POE will be Atlanta in a few weeks. Is that correct and is there somewhere on the juarez website or other USCIS website where I can find it to put Roberto at ease?

Genny

Hi Genni,

He doesn't need to go to any bridge, at DHL he needs to check his passport and visa information are correct ... passport number match with one is on visa, lastnames ... everything.

Haven't heard any recently changes on K-1 visas like going to the bridge or something, I asked the Consul at the end of my interview and he told me that JUST if I was ready to travel from Juarez "walking" through the bridge must have for the bridge my DO NOT OPEN YELLOW ENVELOPE has (comes with your visa and passport)

Once I had my visa traveled back to DF and after 2 months came to US ... my POE was Dallas and everything was fine, they didn't asked me for a sign or something like that ... just my yellow envelope, my passport with K-1 visa, few questions about my bf, myself ... That's all.

:star:

OMG so sorry Isi, I didn't see that you had responded. What you said is what i thought I just wanted to double check because all day everyone keeps telling him he must go to the bridge. I don't think anyone else he has met has a K1.

Genny

That is the problem ... people there are going through very different processes than us so we get confused with all the stories, most of them have been illegal in US.

AOS

05/03/10 Send AOS to Chicago

05/05/10 Delivered at Chicago

05/10/10 Mail and text MSG

05/12/10 NOAs on the mail

05/15/10 Biometrics letter on the mail

05/28/10 Biometrics done

05/31/10 Touched

06/01/10 Touched

06/02/10 Case transferred to California Service Center

06/09/10 Touched

06/10/10 Touched

06/22/10 Touched

07/10/10 Touched

07/12/10 I-765 EAD card production ordered and I-131 AP Approved

07/28/10 I-485 AOS card production ordered

08/06/10 Green Card Received!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Ernesto,

I figured I would wait as well. I don't have plans on going until the 16th so I figured I will have it by then. When do you plan on going?

Genny,

How much did you pay for the actually Visa and at DHL?

Andrea

Citizenship
10/07/13 - Sent N-400
10/08/13 - Received @ 11:35 a.m. @ Lewisville Lockbox

Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Ernesto,

I figured I would wait as well. I don't have plans on going until the 16th so I figured I will have it by then. When do you plan on going?

Andrea,

I think we should be able to get it by then..hopefully. I plan on going ASAP after I get the letter since we have everything. Most likely a week after or so.

I want to get there on Sunday so that we can go to the medical on Monday....and interview on Tuesday....then give it Tuesday, Wed., Thursday, and Friday in case my gf waits for the visa at DHL.

PSALM: 120- 1. I call on the LORD in my distress, and he answers me. "

VISIT MY WEBSITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

Ernesto,

You should really pay attention to up coming holidays. There are quite a few in November. I know on Nov. 16th they are closed. November is not the best month to go to Juarez, but what choice do we have.

Andrea

Citizenship
10/07/13 - Sent N-400

Approved

Timeline
Ernesto,

You should really pay attention to up coming holidays. There are quite a few in November. I know on Nov. 16th they are closed. November is not the best month to go to Juarez, but what choice do we have.

Andrea

Andrea,

You are right about that. Why are they closed Nov. 16th? I know Nov. 20th is Revolution Day. But yeah, I am really watching out for those....for instance...I know I will not go during Thanksgiving week. Juarez observes both U.S. and Mexico holidays.

btw, I like the way your are thinking.....that we are very likely to go during next month (November). Hopes are free after all.

PSALM: 120- 1. I call on the LORD in my distress, and he answers me. "

VISIT MY WEBSITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

Ernesto,

November 2 Monday All Soul’s Day

November 11 Wednesday Veterans Day

**November 16 **Monday **Anniversary of the Mexican Revolution

November 26 Thursday Thanksgiving Day

They don't even mention the 20th so I don't know what to think. This whole process has me stressed :blink:

Maybe we will be there at the same time

Andrea

Citizenship
10/07/13 - Sent N-400

Approved

Timeline
Ernesto,

Genny,

How much did you pay for the actually Visa and at DHL?

Andrea

Andrea,

2400 pesos for Medical

1900 pesos at Banamex for the visa

and Im not sure how much for DHL because he did that inside the consulate. Ill ask him when I call him at 6:00.

Still no DHL package :( He can't go home today.

If he gets it before it closes tonight then he can leave tomorrow morning. That will be 6 nights and 7 days in Juarez, which is longer than we plan to spend on our honeymoon. But the good news is we get to have one, right?

Chinman,

We liked the Taco Tote and the Gordita place in the mall. I hope things are going well for you guys and you are relaxed and ready for tomorrow.

Genny

Roberto y Genny

Merida y Kentucky

Married 11/14/09

Received notice that green card was in production 2/19/10

Timeline

Genny,

Thanks. I can't believe he is still waiting for DHL. He must be exhausted and irritated. Is he flying back home? Where do you plan to have your honeymoon?

Andrea

Citizenship
10/07/13 - Sent N-400

Approved

Timeline

That depends on when he gets his Advance Parole. Do they give AP for a honeymoon? If he gets it soon we might go out of the country. We dream about going to Portugal. But if not then NYC :)We are getting married in FLA at Xmas so it is kind of like a destination wedding already.

There, that is a nice refocus.

Roberto y Genny

Merida y Kentucky

Married 11/14/09

Received notice that green card was in production 2/19/10

Timeline
That depends on when he gets his Advance Parole. Do they give AP for a honeymoon? If he gets it soon we might go out of the country. We dream about going to Portugal. But if not then NYC :)We are getting married in FLA at Xmas so it is kind of like a destination wedding already.

There, that is a nice refocus.

I don't think they do. Have you researched the AP procedure and how long it is taking? Where in Florida are you getting married? I use to leave there. I figured we would have to have a stateside honeymoon. I would love to have one in Italy, but I don't think he will be able to travel.

Andrea

Citizenship
10/07/13 - Sent N-400

Approved

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey Chinman ... good luck tomorrow, let us know how is everything going!!

AOS

05/03/10 Send AOS to Chicago

05/05/10 Delivered at Chicago

05/10/10 Mail and text MSG

05/12/10 NOAs on the mail

05/15/10 Biometrics letter on the mail

05/28/10 Biometrics done

05/31/10 Touched

06/01/10 Touched

06/02/10 Case transferred to California Service Center

06/09/10 Touched

06/10/10 Touched

06/22/10 Touched

07/10/10 Touched

07/12/10 I-765 EAD card production ordered and I-131 AP Approved

07/28/10 I-485 AOS card production ordered

08/06/10 Green Card Received!

Good luck you guys I am thinking of you!

On another note...I wish that I were there, too! I still have about 13 days before I go and I think I might be going crazy.....the closer it gets the shorter my nails get :blink: Just kidding, but seriously I wish I could have been down there with you guys.

Anyone know who else will be down there the week of November 1st? Just curious.

Sandi

K-1 Visa

I-129F Sent : 05/16/09

I-129F Received: 05/19/09

I-129 NOA2: 08/24/09

NVC Received : 08/24/09

NVC Left : 8/26/09

Consulate Received : 08/31/09

Packet 3 Sent :10/01/09

Letter from Congresswoman: 10/02/09

Official Letter: 10/13/09

Medical: 11/02/09

Interview: 11/04/09

Visa Approved: 11/04/09

AOS approved: 04/21/10

ROC sent: 01/25/12

ROC received: 01/27/12 and signed

Check cashed: 01/31/12

NOA hard copy received: 02/03/12

Biometrics:02/17/12

ROC approved:6/25/12

Timeline

Sandi,

I personally don't know of anyone else going the the 1st of November. I wish I could say I was going to be there :(

Genny,

Give Roberto a BIG thank you for me. He really made Luis Angel feel more comfortable about the process. He said he really gave him a lot of insight and now he is not as nervous. Again thank you so much.

Andrea

Citizenship
10/07/13 - Sent N-400

Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.