khwaidee1

NVC Case # Question

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Petition filed January 10, 2012 CSC, NOA1 Received January 13, 2012. NOA2 Approval July 2, 2012. Here's my question: I called the NVC and got our case number. I used a Visa prep service that says I need to wait until the Bangkok Embassy sends her the instruction packet before we can submit Packet 3. My fiance has Packet 3 ready to send and is getting her Police Clearance on Friday so all we'll need is the medical, do I have to wait until the Embassy contacts my fiance before sending in Packet 3? Thanks for your help.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Petition filed January 10, 2012 CSC, NOA1 Received January 13, 2012. NOA2 Approval July 2, 2012. Here's my question: I called the NVC and got our case number. I used a Visa prep service that says I need to wait until the Bangkok Embassy sends her the instruction packet before we can submit Packet 3. My fiance has Packet 3 ready to send and is getting her Police Clearance on Friday so all we'll need is the medical, do I have to wait until the Embassy contacts my fiance before sending in Packet 3? Thanks for your help.

If you have your NVC case number, I'd send it. By all means. Some people don't get their packet until like 2-3 months later or never at all. Don't wait for it. If you have everything and you're confident that everything is there and ready, send it on its way!

Good luck and congrats on approval! :dance:

K-1 VISA ADVENTURE:
04-01-2012: Engaged in Detroit, Michigan at Comerica Park!
USCIS
05-02-2012: Sent I-129F to Dallas Lockbox
05-14-2012: Received Physical NOA1
08-09-2012: Received Physical NOA2
Montreal Embassy
08-21-2012: Package 3
09-06-2012: Package 4
11-12-2012: Medical in Toronto, Ontario (Approved-Went Well! Tip: Make sure you have ALL of your vaccinations up to date when you go to your medical exam! It CAN delay things.
11-19-2012: Interview in Montreal (APPROVED!!)
11-21-2012: Received Passport and Visa Package Back From Montreal (DHL/LOOMIS OPENED OUR SEALED ENVELOPE! SENT BACK TO MONTREAL ON 11-23-2012 TO BE RESEALED)
12-04-2012: Recevied resealed Visa package from Montreal
12-23-2012: POE: Port Huron, Michigan (Everything Went Great!)
02-16-2013: Wedding Date! We're MARRIED!

AOS

06-18-2013: Sent AOS Package to Chicago Lockbox

06-20-2013: USPS Estimating Package Should Arrive in Chicago

06-24-2013: Received NOA Text and Emails for All Applications

06-27-2013: Received Physical NOAs for AOS, EAD and AP

07-16-2013: Biometrics Appointment

07-29-2013: I-485 Ready for Interview to Be Scheduled!!! YAY!!!! (No EXTREMELY Long Wait!)

08-02-2013: Received Mail with Interview Date!

09-03-2013: Interview in Detroit, Michigan (APPROVED!)

09-04-2013: EAD/AP Approved! (Even though it no longer matters because GC was approved the day before)

09-09-2013: Green Card mailed out via USPS 2-Day Air

09-11-2013: Received 2 Year Conditional Green Card in the Mail

Timeline

When I first called and got the number I was so excited I forgot to ask if it had been sent to BKK yet. So I called back and was told that it hadn't been sent yet but I was invited to call back as often as I liked to see when it gets sent. My sense I should probably at least wait until they have in their system in BKK before sending Packet 3. My fiance will go and get her police clearance Friday (went initially and was told needed copy of the NOA2 and a copy of my face page in my passport before they could issue it- didn't ask for any tea money though!!) Once it's sent I reckon she'll go pay the application fee and get her medical exam set up and then we'll just pray!! Thanks.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

If you have your NVC case number, I'd send it. By all means. Some people don't get their packet until like 2-3 months later or never at all. Don't wait for it. If you have everything and you're confident that everything is there and ready, send it on its way!

Good luck and congrats on approval! :dance:

This is a very bad idea when you are dealing with BKK. If any info is sent prior to the case being with the Visa section of the embassy they will simply throw it away. They do not retain anything in a file system.

Advising people to do this may cause them to think they have sent everything in and be waiting for the interview date. Meanwhile BKK is waiting for the correct documents in reponce to the P 3 request. They get nothing and think the case is abandoned.

Timeline

When I first called and got the number I was so excited I forgot to ask if it had been sent to BKK yet. So I called back and was told that it hadn't been sent yet but I was invited to call back as often as I liked to see when it gets sent. My sense I should probably at least wait until they have in their system in BKK before sending Packet 3. My fiance will go and get her police clearance Friday (went initially and was told needed copy of the NOA2 and a copy of my face page in my passport before they could issue it- didn't ask for any tea money though!!) Once it's sent I reckon she'll go pay the application fee and get her medical exam set up and then we'll just pray!! Thanks.

All cases sent to BKK arrive at the consulate section first across the street from the embassy where the visa section is located. The consulate scans the cases in and forwards them to the visa section. That takes a few days.

If you send in anything prior to the visa section having the case it will be discarded. They do not keep files for this material.

You must be certian the case is with the visa section before you send in anything. Do not send it piecemeal. This is why the request the P 3 when they do. Follow the instructions and procedures for the best result.

Timeline

This is a very bad idea when you are dealing with BKK. If any info is sent prior to the case being with the Visa section of the embassy they will simply throw it away. They do not retain anything in a file system.

Advising people to do this may cause them to think they have sent everything in and be waiting for the interview date. Meanwhile BKK is waiting for the correct documents in reponce to the P 3 request. They get nothing and think the case is abandoned.

So, do I wait until the Embassy writes to my fiance? I've read that that can take months. My thought would be to send an inquiry e-mail ti IV in BKK about a week or so after the NVC sends it to BKK. We're optimistic of a late August/early Setptember interview date because after that I am really swamped at work. Given my timeline (NOA2 July 2) am I being unrealistic? My fiance has the Packet 3 already to go, just need to pay application fee and get police clearance which she will do next week. Thanks for your help!

Timeline

So, do I wait until the Embassy writes to my fiance? I've read that that can take months. My thought would be to send an inquiry e-mail ti IV in BKK about a week or so after the NVC sends it to BKK. We're optimistic of a late August/early Setptember interview date because after that I am really swamped at work. Given my timeline (NOA2 July 2) am I being unrealistic? My fiance has the Packet 3 already to go, just need to pay application fee and get police clearance which she will do next week. Thanks for your help!

I explained the way this works in the second post today.

"All cases sent to BKK arrive at the consulate section first across the street from the embassy where the visa section is located. The consulate scans the cases in and forwards them to the visa section. That takes a few days.

If you send in anything prior to the visa section having the case it will be discarded. They do not keep files for this material.

You must be certian the case is with the visa section before you send in anything. Do not send it piecemeal. This is why the request the P 3 when they do. Follow the instructions and procedures for the best result".

NVC forwrds all cases to the consulate section. This takes about 2 weeks from the time they approve the case. You said you will call them everyday until they say it was sent. Once you know that date you can begin to guess at the timing of the next events.

I doubt it she will interview in Aug or early Sept. They usually need about 60 days from the time the P 3 is sent in. You dont mention the 134 or tax transcript so I dont know if you are really ready as you say you are. I hope so but if you want clear answers here you will have to give the correct info about every aspect of the case.

Her police report can take a few weeks for example. She could have done that last month. Her medical will take one day and can be done now. These things can still be done in plenty of time so there hasnt been a mistake.

With an NOA 2 on July 2 NVC should finish soon but you never know. Two weeks to get it to BKK. A few days to get it to the visa section. They request P 3. She sends it in. They process it and set interview date which should be in the following 60 days.

If you send the email you describe the visa section will ignore it or tell you they dont have the case. Again they dont know where the case is until it arrives from the conslate section.

BKK sees about 700 cases per month. They only do this type of case on Mon or Weds. This limits the number per month that they have time for. You can find the case schedual on their web site but your case may never show up on it because they dont update it. It just serves to show you how they do it and how busy they are in a particular month.

I hope you know you are not allowed to attend the interview so if your busy with work it wont matter when it comes to this aspect. You of course may want to go bring her to the USA which would be great. If thats your intention she will have the visa about 3 days after the interview and can leave at any time.

Timeline

Send them an email, and ask if they received you case. If they say yes, send in P3

You can also call NVC and you can ask them if Bangkok has received your paperwork. That is what I did.

AOS Journey

11-04-2011 sent AOS to Chicago lockbox

11-07-2011 delivered

11-08-2011 Date on text messages but did not receive until 11-22-2011

11-23-2011 Check cashed.

11-25-2011 Hard copies of NOA1s

12-06-2012 Pui's Brother unexpectly passes away and we make an info pass appointment and receive an emergancy AP so she can return home. Pui leaves for Thailand for 2 weeks.

12-06-2012 Get a text message and email that she received an RFE

12-12-2012 RFE for original birth certificate. I swear we sent it along with a certificate translation of it.

12-20-2012 Pui returns from Thailand.

12-21-2012 We send the RFE back for with original birth certificate along with a new certificate of translation(I had to wait for her to return for her to sign)

12-26-2012 text and email they have received the RFE.

12-29-2012 Appointment for biometrics is 01-23-2012

01-13-2012 AP is approved.

01-23-2012 Biometrics appointment. Later during the evening the text and email saying the EAD is approved.

01-31-2012 EAD/AP combo card arrives.

05-22-2012 Email and text card is in production!

Timeline

I explained the way this works in the second post today.

"All cases sent to BKK arrive at the consulate section first across the street from the embassy where the visa section is located. The consulate scans the cases in and forwards them to the visa section. That takes a few days.

You must be certian the case is with the visa section before you send in anything. Do not send it piecemeal. This is why the request the P 3 when they do. Follow the instructions and procedures for the best result".

NVC forwrds all cases to the consulate section. This takes about 2 weeks from the time they approve the case. You said you will call them everyday until they say it was sent. Once you know that date you can begin to guess at the timing of the next events.

I doubt it she will interview in Aug or early Sept. They usually need about 60 days from the time the P 3 is sent in. You dont mention the 134 or tax transcript so I dont know if you are really ready as you say you are. I hope so but if you want clear answers here you will have to give the correct info about every aspect of the case.

Her police report can take a few weeks for example. She could have done that last month. Her medical will take one day and can be done now. These things can still be done in plenty of time so there hasnt been a mistake.

With an NOA 2 on July 2 NVC should finish soon but you never know. Two weeks to get it to BKK. A few days to get it to the visa section. They request P 3. She sends it in. They process it and set interview date which should be in the following 60 days.

If you send the email you describe the visa section will ignore it or tell you they dont have the case. Again they dont know where the case is until it arrives from the conslate section.

BKK sees about 700 cases per month. They only do this type of case on Mon or Weds. This limits the number per month that they have time for. You can find the case schedual on their web site but your case may never show up on it because they dont update it. It just serves to show you how they do it and how busy they are in a particular month.

I hope you know you are not allowed to attend the interview so if your busy with work it wont matter when it comes to this aspect. You of course may want to go bring her to the USA which would be great. If thats your intention she will have the visa about 3 days after the interview and can leave at any time.

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I have sigened the I-134, have sent her tax returns and transcripts for 2011, 2010, 2009, my employer's letter and paychecks going back to January of this year. These have been sent to my fiance as part of Packet 3 that I assembled for her. Also included are DS-156, DS-156K, DS-157, DS-230 Part 1, Letters of intent from both us signed this month as well as the I-134 (I am well above the poverty guidelines so I don't think support will be an issue). Additionally, as requested, I have included her birth certificate and certified translation, name change and certified translation, certified dissolutuion decree for me (originals to be presented at the interview). She will be going to BKK on Monday the 23rd to request the Police Clearance Certificate and will also call Bumrungrad Hospital Monday to schedule the exam. She will got to Thai Post Monday or Tuesday to pay the application fee. While I understand I cannot attend the interview her, it is more of a moral support thing and if she is approved, then she will return with me, that is the main purpose of going with her. As an aside, we have been dating for 3 years, I have visited her 9 times for a total of 77 days and have all the boarding passes, passport stamps etc. I have spent a lot of time with the family and have many photos documenting our time together. My fiance has two friends she met online that submitted their Packet 3 on a Monday and got an appointment letter that same week, that may be an anomoly but it gives us hope. I would hate to wait until October for the interview but, I've waited this long so I will do whatever it takes. Your input and comments are very appreciated. I don't mean to sound impatient, but I am! Thank you.

Edited by khwaidee1

Timeline

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I have sigened the I-134, have sent her tax returns and transcripts for 2011, 2010, 2009, my employer's letter and paychecks going back to January of this year. These have been sent to my fiance as part of Packet 3 that I assembled for her. Also included are DS-156, DS-156K, DS-157, DS-230 Part 1, Letters of intent from both us signed this month as well as the I-134 (I am well above the poverty guidelines so I don't think support will be an issue). Additionally, as requested, I have included her birth certificate and certified translation, name change and certified translation, certified dissolutuion decree for me (originals to be presented at the interview). She will be going to BKK on Monday the 23rd to request the Police Clearance Certificate and will also call Bumrungrad Hospital Monday to schedule the exam. She will got to Thai Post Monday or Tuesday to pay the application fee. While I understand I cannot attend the interview her, it is more of a moral support thing and if she is approved, then she will return with me, that is the main purpose of going with her. As an aside, we have been dating for 3 years, I have visited her 9 times for a total of 77 days and have all the boarding passes, passport stamps etc. I have spent a lot of time with the family and have many photos documenting our time together. My fiance has two friends she met online that submitted their Packet 3 on a Monday and got an appointment letter that same week, that may be an anomoly but it gives us hope. I would hate to wait until October for the interview but, I've waited this long so I will do whatever it takes. Your input and comments are very appreciated. I don't mean to sound impatient, but I am! Thank you.

You have done well do position the case for success. Your relationship is rock solid and will not be a problem. You wont need to supply much to prove it. They wont want to nor take time to review too much with this type of background. Few cases are like this.

I have only seen one other case where the interview letter came as quicly as these you describe. This is something that you will just have to see as it develops. I certianly hope you get lucky too. Thw waiting is very difficult. My own case caused me to wait 408 days so I became an expert in waiting. My husband still says hes mad about it! You couldnt possibly be more impatient than he is.

Timeline

You have done well do position the case for success. Your relationship is rock solid and will not be a problem. You wont need to supply much to prove it. They wont want to nor take time to review too much with this type of background. Few cases are like this.

I have only seen one other case where the interview letter came as quicly as these you describe. This is something that you will just have to see as it develops. I certianly hope you get lucky too. Thw waiting is very difficult. My own case caused me to wait 408 days so I became an expert in waiting. My husband still says hes mad about it! You couldnt possibly be more impatient than he is.

Thank you for your kind words. I want everything done right the first and to have an abundance of whatever information they require. I did use a visa service so I had all of the pre-printed docs ready to go as soon as we got our NOA2. We went over all the paperwork together on New Year's day in Hua Hin and signed everything for the I-129F which I mailed in as soon as I got back to the States. I printed up a good list of questions and we have already begun going over the answers. Her English is pretty good so I think she will do well. With all the waiting the excitement kind of waxes and wanes so I went to see her last month although it was only for four days due to work! While we were in BKK before my flight we got the e-mail that we were approved so it was good to be able to share that moment with her.

Timeline

Thank you for your kind words. I want everything done right the first and to have an abundance of whatever information they require. I did use a visa service so I had all of the pre-printed docs ready to go as soon as we got our NOA2. We went over all the paperwork together on New Year's day in Hua Hin and signed everything for the I-129F which I mailed in as soon as I got back to the States. I printed up a good list of questions and we have already begun going over the answers. Her English is pretty good so I think she will do well. With all the waiting the excitement kind of waxes and wanes so I went to see her last month although it was only for four days due to work! While we were in BKK before my flight we got the e-mail that we were approved so it was good to be able to share that moment with her.

My impatient husband wants you to know you can try what he did to help determine when your case is in BKK. Its a long story but in short NVC couldnt find our case.

The embassy in BKK is like a house divided into working sections. One side ( consulate ) works on American citizen needs. The other does the visa work.

Knowing this he wrote ( emailed ) the consulate section asking the duty officer to help him find the case. He gave the duty officer our USCIS case number. Within two days the duty officer told us the case had been sent to him. When it arrived he again notified us. This allowed us to send in my P 3 docs without waiting for the notice usually sent out. At that time they were still sending those by mail which took weeks so we saved a lot of time. In total my case took 408 days so we were tired on waiting too. This was the first time we got a positive result from USCIS.

Give this a try if you want to do all you can. The worst that can happen is they wont or cant help.

Timeline

Ning, question: My Fiance went to get the Police Certificate a few weeks ago and was told she needed the NOA2 and a copy of mt passport, ok, no problem. So she has that and is going to go back on Monday the 23rd. However she just read a post on the USVISA4THAI website where the woman went there and was told she needed the Appointment letter from the Embassy to get the Police Certificate. Is this accurate or are they just trying to get some tea money? My fiance is going to try on Monday anyway because she will be in BKK anyway. Thanks.

Timeline

My impatient husband wants you to know you can try what he did to help determine when your case is in BKK. Its a long story but in short NVC couldnt find our case.

The embassy in BKK is like a house divided into working sections. One side ( consulate ) works on American citizen needs. The other does the visa work.

Knowing this he wrote ( emailed ) the consulate section asking the duty officer to help him find the case. He gave the duty officer our USCIS case number. Within two days the duty officer told us the case had been sent to him. When it arrived he again notified us. This allowed us to send in my P 3 docs without waiting for the notice usually sent out. At that time they were still sending those by mail which took weeks so we saved a lot of time. In total my case took 408 days so we were tired on waiting too. This was the first time we got a positive result from USCIS.

Give this a try if you want to do all you can. The worst that can happen is they wont or cant help.

Do you still have the e-mail address? I have our NVC case number I called yesterday and was told the NVC got our petition on July 9, 2012 and they usually send in on in about two weeks via DHL I believe. He said to call bacl Tuesday to confirm that it has been sent. I reckon I could then wait a week and e-mail the consulate. Thanks so much for your help! Korb khun krab!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.