Removed-02242014

Don't Schedule Anything

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I have read and witnessed so many people trying to "guess" their arrival dates into the United States based on other people's timelines. I even did it at one time. I even saw a girl that set a date and planned her entire wedding around a projected date of arrival (to which she missed and lost hundreds of dollars in deposits). My advise --- There is a saying in America that goes: "Never count your chickens until they are hatched" and in this process it is oh, so true!

The visa process is extremely frustrating and requires patience. My advice, Don't book anything until that visa is in her hand!! You will only get disappointed. I saw in one post where the girl actually chewed-out people trying to help her saying "don't tell me to just be patient because that doesn't help and it doesn't do me any good." As if anyone here can tell her when her NOA2 was going to get to her.

Just be nice ... this process is different for everyone and every country --- There is nothing more that we want than to have our loved one in our arms.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have read and witnessed so many people trying to "guess" their arrival dates into the United States based on other people's timelines. I even did it at one time. I even saw a girl that set a date and planned her entire wedding around a projected date of arrival (to which she missed and lost hundreds of dollars in deposits). My advise --- There is a saying in America that goes: "Never count your chickens until they are hatched" and in this process it is oh, so true!

The visa process is extremely frustrating and requires patience. My advice, Don't book anything until that visa is in her hand!! You will only get disappointed. I saw in one post where the girl actually chewed-out people trying to help her saying "don't tell me to just be patient because that doesn't help and it doesn't do me any good." As if anyone here can tell her when her NOA2 was going to get to her.

Just be nice ... this process is different for everyone and every country --- There is nothing more that we want than to have our loved one in our arms.

I was reading your timeline, I noticed you already did your medical examination without an interview date? how did you do that?

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

Marriage (if applicable): 2006-03-26

I-130 Sent : 2012-02-01

I-130 NOA1 : 2012-02-03

I-130 RFE : NO RFE

I-130 RFE Sent : NO RFE

I-130 Approved : 2012-05-29

NVC Received : 2012-06-27

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2012-06-27

Pay I-864 Bill 2012-06-28

Receive I-864 Package : 2012-07-05

Return Completed I-864 :

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2012-07-10

Receive IV Bill : 2012-07-11

Pay IV Bill : 2012-07-11

Receive Instruction Package : 2012-07-12

Case Completed at NVC : 2012-07-24

NVC Left : 2012-07-24

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received : 2012-07-31

Interview Date : 2012-09- 11

Timeline

Your timeline shows you are "rushing things" , it shows you are married yet applying for the K-1 visa, maybe your timeline needs updating... :whistle:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Good advice. That is part of what is frustrating - waiting and I had heard some Consulate officials asked when the wedding date is - well, how can I schedule anything without knowing for sure he's coming and when? So I advised my fiance' not even to send stuff ahead until the Visa is in hand because I'd hate him to have to do without stuff like his bikes that he uses almost everyday and then have delays put in the way. :thumbs:

Cheers! Im also from HB! Also, I agree with your post. Its kind of ignorant to make plans based on a hunch..

March 11, 2011 - Met my wife our local tsunami evacuation center due to the tsunami in Japan.

March 12, 2011 - Begin texting back and forth daily.

April 28, 2011 - :D first night with my wife to be. Officially in a relationship.

June 23, 2011 - Formally propose.

July 23, 2011 - Married in Borongan City.

August 28, 2011 - My daughter is conceived (due on June 1, 2012) :D

December 19, 2011 - NOA1

January 5, 2012 - NOA2

March 8, 2012 - Case completed at NVC

March 20, 2012 - First day of med. exam.

March 21, 2012 - SPUTUM

March 29, 2012 - 3 day sputum test NEGATIVE (culture done on May 28th)

May 25, 2012 - Alaysha Elaiah Mae Arma Nichols (MOUTHFULL) is born. 6 lbs. 18.5" and absolutely gorgeous!

June 19, 2012 - Medical Exam Passed!!

June 22, 2012 - CRBA appt. for my baby girl. APPROVED!!! :D

June 26, 2012 - CR1 Visa Interview for my wife. APPROVED!!! :D

July 6, 2012 - Passport and CRBA in hand!

July 12, 2012 - Visa in hand!

July 19, 2012 - POE LAX!!

August 1, 2012 - Green Card Received!

event.png

age.png

I was reading your timeline, I noticed you already did your medical examination without an interview date? how did you do that?

You just need you MNL case number and go to St. Lukes Medical Extension. There is a thread that is a sticky in this section on the early medical. Just don't do it too early as for some (like my wife) the visa will be valid for a shorter period of time. She had no issues with her medical, but only had about 4 months instead of the normal 6 months of validity. For most it doesn't matter as they usually leave right after getting the visa.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You just need you MNL case number and go to St. Lukes Medical Extension. There is a thread that is a sticky in this section on the early medical. Just don't do it too early as for some (like my wife) the visa will be valid for a shorter period of time. She had no issues with her medical, but only had about 4 months instead of the normal 6 months of validity. For most it doesn't matter as they usually leave right after getting the visa.

:thumbs:

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think you also need a confirmation printout of your interview appointment, not JUST the MNL case number right? You can't take the medical before you have at least 'scehduled' the interview I thought.

Could be wrong.

Either way, with the MNL case number you can pay the fee at BPI, then sign up for an interview, so either way you can move forward.

Timeline

I think you also need a confirmation printout of your interview appointment, not JUST the MNL case number right? You can't take the medical before you have at least 'scehduled' the interview I thought.

Could be wrong.

Either way, with the MNL case number you can pay the fee at BPI, then sign up for an interview, so either way you can move forward.

taht was i thought too, i remember when i did my medical examination they took a copy of my appouintment letter. so maybe the system has changed?

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

Marriage (if applicable): 2006-03-26

I-130 Sent : 2012-02-01

I-130 NOA1 : 2012-02-03

I-130 RFE : NO RFE

I-130 RFE Sent : NO RFE

I-130 Approved : 2012-05-29

NVC Received : 2012-06-27

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2012-06-27

Pay I-864 Bill 2012-06-28

Receive I-864 Package : 2012-07-05

Return Completed I-864 :

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2012-07-10

Receive IV Bill : 2012-07-11

Pay IV Bill : 2012-07-11

Receive Instruction Package : 2012-07-12

Case Completed at NVC : 2012-07-24

NVC Left : 2012-07-24

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received : 2012-07-31

Interview Date : 2012-09- 11

Timeline

I have read of a couple getting the medical done before they had their interview scheduled, but they had the letter from NVC with the MNL number, not just the MNL# scribbled on a piece of paper. Not sure why they didn't want to have their interview scheduled, seemed odd to me.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

After all this waiting for the noas to arrive, medical, interview and everything. Once the visas in hand, 1 week or so is a piece of cake.

May 9, 11. Met on dating site Filipinacupid

chat 2x a day since

Dec 23, 11. met in Cebu, traveled to Balamban.

Dec 25th 11 asked her fathers permission to marry her in Cebuano. Engaged.

Jan 1, 12. Came home.

Jan 18th 12, I-129f recieved at vsc

Jan 25th 12, first noa

Feb 9 12, touched

July 2, 12 approved

July 7, 12 recieved noa2

July 16th, called nvc recieved case #

Aug 1st, CFO completed

Aug 16th, Interview date and Approved

I agree with this wholeheartedly but didnt obey it.

Planned my wedding with just my noa2, no medical and interview yet. Gave myself some time to spare but if something had gone wrong then it might have been bad. Luckily it all worked out for me :) goodluck everyone!

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Could be wrong.

The appointment letter was not needed for my wife back over 2 years ago...we just brought the NOA2 to St. Lukes. If we would have waited for the interview letter, the medical would not have been done until a couple days before the interview as she didn't get the interview letter until one week exactly prior to her interview. While, yes it is a good idea to have the interview printout if you can get it, but it has not been necessary as many members here can tell you.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Filed: Timeline

Your timeline shows you are "rushing things" , it shows you are married yet applying for the K-1 visa, maybe your timeline needs updating... :whistle:

NO ... were good ... everything is cooool and just moving with the process.

Could be wrong.

You just need the MNL when you make the appointment ... and of course the receipt number from BPI

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.