28 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

My husband was denied his visa at the interview. Can anyone tell me how long before Islamabad will send our file back to NVC? AND the procedure which will come next? Trying to find all possible information on appeal.

Reason for Denial:: 212(a)(5) (a)

Thank you.

HI I can give you a rough idea on the timeline. After the case goes back to USCIS they will take 180 days to send you a NOIR. When you receive this you have 30 days to send any proof of an established relationship. Before , during and after the inteview process. In the NOIR, it will state what doubts or questions they have about your relationship being legit based on your spouse's replies or lack of responces. You need to address the issues they had and send in any proof that you have been in contact with your spouse all the time. When you traveled or perhaps when they came here. Telephone records, pictures and of course e-mails. After they recieve this package they will let you know that they received it and tell you that they will let you know in 60 days if your proof was good enough or not resulting in a denial or re-approval. Hope this helps right now I am waiting for the re-approval or denial based on the evidence I sent in. Good luck

Filed: Timeline

Its very unfortunate the departments do this sort of things, Because the actions of a few influence the judgement of individuals that affects the mass amounts of people.

what seems to amaze me is the request to provide proof of a bonified relationship when the couple have KIDS together... i dont know what more proof is needed.... perhaps a video of the creation process ... i dont know! :blink:

I have kids together with my Ex and we are not in a bonafide relationship, thankfully. As an example.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

You can't go by my time line. I had filed a lawsuit against the State Department because of being in AP so long. The embassy rushed our case back to NVC and we got our NOIR in record time. All in all I would say 2 to 3 months for us to be reaffirmed and case sent back to the embassy.

Good for you. Glad to see that there is a way to get their attention. Horrible that you had to spend the extra money. But glad you fought for your dream!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

This is pure curiosity, and I apologize I can't be more helpful, but why did you send in 2000 pages in response to a RFE? This is good to know for the future... Best of luck...

Well my bright idea was because I sent 250 with the 130 and congressman's office said they lost it. So in the REF I went back to beginning and wanted to prove it with all our info. After all they hold our lives in the palm of their hands. ((The REF was 5 pages long)) I supplied letters from all family and friends, chat, phone records, Skype, Facebook, text messages...on and on of proof. California Service Center approved it quickly and it moved right along. Up until the interview.

Pardon me....Warning...Interviewer was a African american woman. She was very angry and verbal...almost abusive. She denied 3 men so far with same code in the month of June alone that is in my forum. At the embassy she denied 2 men before my husband. What is going on??????

Told my husband she going to give a denial on his visa. She asked him if he want the interview in his language and he said yes. She then turned around and said no, I want you to do it in English. He was kinda shocked and agreed. His English is very good. She asked if he had sex with me. Asked about me converting to Islam and when my husband said Allhumdulliah yes she is Muslim the women became even more enraged. She focused on my conversion. In the end wanted him to write a letter which stated the year I converted. He did so and also stated on the letter that it was demanded by the interviewer and signed it.

My guess they are questioning my conversion. Well it also doesn't matter because the Imam converted me the proper way right before our marriage and this is my ace in the hole. mashallah I have a house full of people who witness it. So if they questioning my religion before and after I have no clue...

All I know is I love my husband and this process is so very difficult......I cannot pack up and move to Pakistan, I have a daughter at home, a job, car payments, debit, responsibilities...ALL the things everyone have.

Your I-130 was approved in 293 Days
04/18/2011 Sent in I-130
04/28/2011 NOA 1 Received in the Mail
11/10/2011 Received a REF **Must prove Bona Fide Marital Relationship**
01/03/2012 Sent REF documentation to California Service Center 2079 pages sent to USCIS
01/05/2012 UPDATED CASE STATUS...On January 5, 2012, we received your response to our request for evidence.
02/07/2012 NOA2 I-130 APPROVED

Embassy
06/27/2012 Interview Date
05/12/2012 Medical done in Lahore
06/272012 DENIED AT THE INTERVIEW 212(A)(5a) ***this code is incorrect*** We have no idea why they denied the visa!

APPEAL PROCESS
08/29/2012 File received back at NVC Embassy and forwarded to CSC
09/10/2012 Received a NOA 1 & Text Message that file was sent to California Service Center where they will make a decision on our case.

05/29/2013 Reaffirmed by USCIS without any appeal process

Embassy

07/02/2013 The Embassy called my husband for packet 3.

07/11/2013 My husband sent in packed 3

07/17/2013 Embassy refused our case yet again without an Interview and set our file back to NVC

07/20/2013 NVC returned out file to USCIS

09/29/2013 To date USCIS has not entered our case back into the system and no one knows where it is!

event.png

Timeline

HI I can give you a rough idea on the timeline. After the case goes back to USCIS they will take 180 days to send you a NOIR. When you receive this you have 30 days to send any proof of an established relationship. Before , during and after the inteview process. In the NOIR, it will state what doubts or questions they have about your relationship being legit based on your spouse's replies or lack of responces. You need to address the issues they had and send in any proof that you have been in contact with your spouse all the time. When you traveled or perhaps when they came here. Telephone records, pictures and of course e-mails. After they recieve this package they will let you know that they received it and tell you that they will let you know in 60 days if your proof was good enough or not resulting in a denial or re-approval. Hope this helps right now I am waiting for the re-approval or denial based on the evidence I sent in. Good luck

Thank you for the information....but 180 days??? :( So we are looking at the end of this year just to be able to respond.

why do i get the feeling they have to electronically keep documents and not physical record?.... i think someone did not want to have to scan 4 REAMS of paper! seriously 2,000 pages of documentation?.... dont you think that was a bit on the excessive side? ... just a little bit?

nope....not with a 5 page REF and my original docs lost

Your I-130 was approved in 293 Days
04/18/2011 Sent in I-130
04/28/2011 NOA 1 Received in the Mail
11/10/2011 Received a REF **Must prove Bona Fide Marital Relationship**
01/03/2012 Sent REF documentation to California Service Center 2079 pages sent to USCIS
01/05/2012 UPDATED CASE STATUS...On January 5, 2012, we received your response to our request for evidence.
02/07/2012 NOA2 I-130 APPROVED

Embassy
06/27/2012 Interview Date
05/12/2012 Medical done in Lahore
06/272012 DENIED AT THE INTERVIEW 212(A)(5a) ***this code is incorrect*** We have no idea why they denied the visa!

APPEAL PROCESS
08/29/2012 File received back at NVC Embassy and forwarded to CSC
09/10/2012 Received a NOA 1 & Text Message that file was sent to California Service Center where they will make a decision on our case.

05/29/2013 Reaffirmed by USCIS without any appeal process

Embassy

07/02/2013 The Embassy called my husband for packet 3.

07/11/2013 My husband sent in packed 3

07/17/2013 Embassy refused our case yet again without an Interview and set our file back to NVC

07/20/2013 NVC returned out file to USCIS

09/29/2013 To date USCIS has not entered our case back into the system and no one knows where it is!

event.png

I am so sorry. I am also so ashamed of the way US Embassy people treat foreigners. Americans should treat others better than this, with basic human dignity. I want you to tell your spouse that this is not the America that is true to its values.

I wish you all the best to getting a visa (F)

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thank you for the information....but 180 days??? :( So we are looking at the end of this year just to be able to respond.

nope....not with a 5 page REF and my original docs lost

I Dont know what other people are doing, my understanding is submit only necessary information and take additional documentation as necessary to the interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I am so sorry. I am also so ashamed of the way US Embassy people treat foreigners. Americans should treat others better than this, with basic human dignity. I want you to tell your spouse that this is not the America that is true to its values.

Have you ever gone to traffic Court? or DMV? .... i think one can relate the experiances are similar to that of a forigner at the embassy for an interview. Some people are with intent just trying to find one way or another to enter the US and its unfortunate the actions of the few cause many others to suffer for the actions of a few.

Even if that's the case and most people are out to scam the USC, everyone should be treated with basic human dignity (innocent until proven guilty?). Too many stories I read here on VJ, they treat them like #######, as though they are dirt. Like Americans are superior to foreigners. That is wrong.

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Timeline

Even if that's the case and most people are out to scam the USC, everyone should be treated with basic human dignity (innocent until proven guilty?). Too many stories I read here on VJ, they treat them like #######, as though they are dirt. Like Americans are superior to foreigners. That is wrong.

My husband said his interviewer was an older guy was was quite nice. He said he wanted to approve us, but he needed information about how my trips were paid for first because I had no income and that was his only concern. I was a little upset because I wasn't sure how I could prove it, but I figured out how to and 2 weeks after we sent that, we got the visa!

Our Journey

Met: 02/25/2010

Married: 08/12/2010

I-130 sent: 02/11/2011

NOA1: 02/14/2011

Request for expedite: 02/24/2011

NOA2-I-130 APPROVED!: 03/16/2011

Interview date: 7/7/2011

Visa in Hand!!!! 09/21/2011

POE JFK 09/24/2011

w2sb096jc.png

8zWqm5.png

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I agree with the fact that it feels more like an interrogation of a criminal, but in our case, the interviewer at the consulate was Brazilian and not American. (or maybe he was American and his english was really really bad) :bonk: I was able to be at the interview and he asked me some questions also. Some of them were quite personal. I really wanted to tell him that I don't answer questions like that to anyone. But I was afraid of the repercussions. He kept asking questions to me in English and to Mari in Portuguese. I guess he thought I didn't know any Portuguese. This went on for about 10 minutes, then out of the blue he just said "approved". We looked at each other in sort of a shock. He went from grilling us to approved in one breath. I was just happy to get outta there so that we could go start packing her stuff to come back with me from my visit there.

I think most Americans don't think they are superior to foreigners, well at least most educated Americans. It is a shame that a few bad people ruin it for all the good there is out there also.

Edited by John & Mari

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

• 1 month later...
Timeline

We also issue the same denial my husband call home department they told him in 120 days so 62 days pass and we are looking for another senator to atleast tell us about our case status.

and i need guide for further responce

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.