afparks

will i be denied?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I will have my interview on december 8 at the manila us embassy. i got my husband's recent income tax return and the attached w-2. now the problem is this, his income tax return exceed on the poverty guidelines limit but on his w2 he lacks about $166 because he leave his job for 21 days last year to be with me and the leave is not a pay leave. his income tax return exceed because he won a small lottery draw which was taxed too. we are so worried that even if the income tax exceed i will still be denied because of the lack on his w-2. will i really be denied? we really dont know what to do. the months are fast approaching. hope to hear any enlightenment. God bless everyone

afparks

Timeline

Hello

Get more supporting docs like, employment letter, bank statements, etc. Look for co-sponsor for back-up plan.

Good Luck.

FORM I-130

7/14/06 - sent

8/1/06 - touched

8/5/06 - NOA1

8/8/06 - touched

9/25/06 - touched

9/26/06 - approved

***NVC***

10/6/06 - case number assigned MNL20067791xx

10/23/06 - DS 3032 Choice of Agent and AOS Fee Bill Generated

10/27/06 - emailed Choice of Agent

10/30/06 - DS 3032 and AOS Fee Bill received through snail mail

10/31/06 - send out the DS 3032 and AOS Bill

11/1/06 - received email from NVC accepted the Choice of Agent

11/6/06 - IV Fee Bill Generated

11/17/06 - IV Fee and AOS Received

11/18/06 - IV Check Send

11/20/06 - IV Check Delivered

11/20/06 - AOS Send to NVC

12/2/06 - Send the DS-230 Part I and II

12/6/06 - NVC received the documents

12/21/06 - Process at NVC Completed

02/13/07 - File left NVC to MNL Embassy

03/22/07 - CR1 Interview....on AR

04/16/07 - Still on AR

05/2/07 - Visa Released

05/4/07 - Visa in Hand after 5 weeks on AR

I will have my interview on december 8 at the manila us embassy. i got my husband's recent income tax return and the attached w-2. now the problem is this, his income tax return exceed on the poverty guidelines limit but on his w2 he lacks about $166 because he leave his job for 21 days last year to be with me and the leave is not a pay leave. his income tax return exceed because he won a small lottery draw which was taxed too. we are so worried that even if the income tax exceed i will still be denied because of the lack on his w-2. will i really be denied? we really dont know what to do. the months are fast approaching. hope to hear any enlightenment. God bless everyone

afparks

it's his gross income that the Embassy will be looking at. did he include a letter from his employer showing his salary exceeds the minimum requirement along with recent pay check stubs?

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

If he has some money in the bank, he can list that along with bank statements, also if his past 3 years income were good have include tax transcripts, and a good note from employer.

If still nervous about have him see if a family member could be his co-sponsor.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

I could be wrong but I thought that Manilla wasn't allowing cosponsors for the K-3 visa anymore..

I-129F Timeline

07-14-06-I-129F Sent

07-16-06-I-129F Arrived in Chicago

07-20-06-I-129F NOA 1

07-27-06-Touched

10-23-06-Touched

11-18-06-Touched

11-22-06-Touched

11-24-06-Approved

11-27-06-Touched

12-04-06-NVC Received

12-06-06-NVC Left

12-14-06-Arrived at Consulate

01-04-07-Packet 3 Received

01-05-07-Packet 3 Sent

01-10-07-Medical Examination

02-13-07-Interview in Johannesburg

Timeline

hello everyone thanks for the reply. my husband tried to find a family member of him that could be a co-sponsor but sad to say no one except his grandpa would be qualify as co-sponsor but the problem is his grandpa wont agree to be a co-sponsor. so we really dont have any choice. also we dont want to get a co-sponsor because humor said that the manila embassy wont allow anymore a co-sponsor for k3. we are not really sure about that but a lot of people been saying that. someone said if his income tax exceed then we should be safe by that because the lottery winning can be considered as cash assets. were really losing hope on this but we will still try to find a way to be able to add on the lack on his w2. God bless

afparks

I could be wrong but I thought that Manilla wasn't allowing cosponsors for the K-3 visa anymore..

afparks,

Is your husband in the US military?

hello everyone thanks for the reply. my husband tried to find a family member of him that could be a co-sponsor but sad to say no one except his grandpa would be qualify as co-sponsor but the problem is his grandpa wont agree to be a co-sponsor. so we really dont have any choice. also we dont want to get a co-sponsor because humor said that the manila embassy wont allow anymore a co-sponsor for k3. we are not really sure about that but a lot of people been saying that. someone said if his income tax exceed then we should be safe by that because the lottery winning can be considered as cash assets. were really losing hope on this but we will still try to find a way to be able to add on the lack on his w2. God bless

afparks

Filed: Timeline

afparks,

Current income, on an annualized basis, is the most significant factor.

Yodrak

afparks

afparks,

Is your husband in the US military?

afparks

i was also wondering if he is in the Air force, in which case would use 100% poverty level guideline.

Edited by roymcn3rd

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The other posters are right. A letter from employer stating salary over the min. is what's most important. I was in the same situation a few years ago. I only made 50% of the min because I took most of one year off to travel. I attached the letter from employer and the visa was approved and it was never an issue.

Timeline

Hello everyone, no my husband is not on the US military. thanks bogart45 it gives me little hope about this whole complicated petition process. my husband and i r still working to add on the lacking amount. he dont have bank savings because he spend so much when he was here in the phil. and when he was back in the US we have to start from zero. and he support me here so honestly we really dont have any savings on the bank. :( but its ok, were hoping we could find a way b4 my interview date.

The other posters are right. A letter from employer stating salary over the min. is what's most important. I was in the same situation a few years ago. I only made 50% of the min because I took most of one year off to travel. I attached the letter from employer and the visa was approved and it was never an issue.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.