innl

Question regarding Biometrics appointment

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hi all,

After a lot of follow up and a very long delay we got the Biometrics appointment letter. But here is the issue

My son is away and is supposed to arrive at 11:30 AM by flight. His appointment is at 1:00 PM.

I am afraid rescheduling will delay our case processing.

In the event flight is on time we can make it to this appointment.

My question: In case flight is late, can we be late for Biometrics appointment?

Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hi,

I just got a biometrics confirmation letter (797c) stating our appointment slot for date and time. There was a BOLD lettering saying that if you are not "present" for the biometrics appointment, it will be considered as "ABANDONED."

PERIOD.

I suggest you go to the bottom of that letter and "reschedule" your appointment. You don't want to gamble or risk being late or delayed. If you are NOT there on your appointed time = ABANDONED.

Don't just "WING IT" and see if you get lucky by having a "sympathetic" clerk.

Your decision. GOOD LUCK!

E

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Should be no problem. In case of delayed flight, you will have very legitimate excuse why you're late.

I agree. I would not reschedule because it would just make the process longer.I would give it a try. I have seen people do walk-ins before their do date and no problems. you are going within the same day anyways.

good luck... hopefully is is on time. :D :D

00fg9n74.png

EWI, TPS, ADVANCE PAROLE, AOS

05/30-(day 0)- AOS sent

06/01-(day 1)- AOS received

06/04-(day 4)- AOS acceptance

06/06-(day 6)-Txt/Email, routed to NBC

06/09-(day 9)-I-797 NOA received (Saturday)

06/11-(day 11)-Called to fix typographical error(Missing middle name on I-130)

06/20-(day 20)- Email received (Saying error fixed)

07/13-(day 43)Email: reused most recent biometrics, awaiting Indie status

09/10-(day 103)Humanitarian Expedite Request

9/13-(day 106) Interview October 17TH (TOTAL 139 DAYS)

9/17-APPROVED ON THE SPOT AND STAMP ON PASSPORT WHICH EXPIRES IN ONE YR!!!

Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline

Hi,

I just got a biometrics confirmation letter (797c) stating our appointment slot for date and time. There was a BOLD lettering saying that if you are not "present" for the biometrics appointment, it will be considered as "ABANDONED."

PERIOD.

I suggest you go to the bottom of that letter and "reschedule" your appointment. You don't want to gamble or risk being late or delayed. If you are NOT there on your appointed time = ABANDONED.

Don't just "WING IT" and see if you get lucky by having a "sympathetic" clerk.

Your decision. GOOD LUCK!

E

I would hate having you as a "clerk" threatening everyone just because you can.

For my wife's AOS biometrics, she went one day later because USCIS scheduled her appointment during our honeymoon (and appointment letter came while we were already gone, so we diid know about it). Anyway, after she explained the situation they have not even say a word, except politely asking about how the honeymoon went and such... Sure, you can get less sympathetic people, but delayed flight is a valid excuse and I doubt anyone in their right mind would make any problem of it.

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Thank you all for your responses.

This afternoon I went to the USCIS ASC where we are going to have the Biometrics and explained the situation. They were very nice.

They assured me in case of delayed flight, my son can walk in there until 3:30 PM

They also said in case the flight arrives after that time or is cancelled, I can inform them and they would reschedule

I guess our strategy would be, I would go for my appointment at 12:00. I will hang around there to handle long delays in flight or cancelled flight situation if it does happen.

Will let you know if this will work!

Filed: Timeline

This afternoon I went to the USCIS ASC where we are going to have the Biometrics and explained the situation. They were very nice.

They assured me in case of delayed flight, my son can walk in there until 3:30 PM

They also said in case the flight arrives after that time or is cancelled, I can inform them and they would reschedule

I guess our strategy would be, I would go for my appointment at 12:00. I will hang around there to handle long delays in flight or cancelled flight situation if it does happen.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Smart move :blush:

00fg9n74.png

EWI, TPS, ADVANCE PAROLE, AOS

05/30-(day 0)- AOS sent

06/01-(day 1)- AOS received

06/04-(day 4)- AOS acceptance

06/06-(day 6)-Txt/Email, routed to NBC

06/09-(day 9)-I-797 NOA received (Saturday)

06/11-(day 11)-Called to fix typographical error(Missing middle name on I-130)

06/20-(day 20)- Email received (Saying error fixed)

07/13-(day 43)Email: reused most recent biometrics, awaiting Indie status

09/10-(day 103)Humanitarian Expedite Request

9/13-(day 106) Interview October 17TH (TOTAL 139 DAYS)

9/17-APPROVED ON THE SPOT AND STAMP ON PASSPORT WHICH EXPIRES IN ONE YR!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.