Regan L

I super need help

52 posts in this topic

I dont even know where to start, i just got my noa2 via email today, it was approved! But i have many questions and my situation is very unique.

I am a american citizen, im now 19 but when i was 18 i met a girl online and dated her for 10 months b4 flying to the Philippines to marry her, which i did. While i was there i got her pregnant. A month later i flew back to the states to start filing my petition, which i have already done. here is all my questions, please please answer them if you can.

1.What does the noa2 even do, like did the california service center who was handeling my case send my case to manila? did they send it too some nvc building in the U.S.? NOA2 means you're on to the next step and it's on to Manila.

2.I herd they are now going to be sending me a packet, how long will it take to get that and is it coming from manila or california? K1 doesn't send a packet but I'm not sure about CR-1. Sorry.

3.What all is included in this packet? Id like to know everything. Again, I don't know for sure.

4.When im sponsering her i wont have enough money so im having my grandfather co sponser, what all will he and i need to do, what will they need from us? This one you can probably find out by reading the guides.

5.My wife dosent have her passport yet, she has everythign ready but she must attend a seminar in manila b4 they will give her one, will this be a problem at the interview? It doesn't matter if it will be a problem, she has to get the passport.

6.Will her being pregnant be a problem at the interview? I don't know.

7.I herd they are super picky, how can i make sure she passes that interview without fail? There is no way to guarantee passing the interview but I don't know why somebody would tell you they are super picky. If you've got all your paperwork and your finances are in order, then it's not that tough; at least ours wasn't tough.

8.Where will this interview be takign place? US embassy in Manila.

9.What all does she need to bring? Read the guides, read this forum (especially the pinned threads), and if you still don't understand then ask this question again by itself, not with 16 other questions.

10.If the baby is born just after her interview do i have to start a paetition for it and wait again? I don't know.

11.If its born b4, are the going to deny her and wonder why they were not told about it? I don't know.

12.What do i need to do to get my child legally over here to the U.S.? I don't know.

13.Can she get the babies passport from where she lives in the Philippines or does she have to go all the way back to manila? I don't know.

14.Does she need to get all kinds of vaccinations b4 she steps foot in america? Are they going to rob me blind with $200 shots and vaccinations? She'll have to do a medical exam in Manila and the vaccination is included. I don't remember the exact amount of the fee but it's probably a little over $200.

15.Does the baby need to get that too b4 its allowed to fly? I don't know.

17.How much do passports cost? I believe a US passport is $135; I have no idea how much a Filipino passport is.

Just some extra info for you:

1) Please don't post a hundred questions at once. I'll explain why it's a problem for me. We went the K1 route and the site was helpful to us so we want to be helpful to others in return. However, we don't have all the answers memorized; all we have is that we've been through the process and know where to find the answers. When someone asks as many questions as you did, it forces us to do a lot of work to find all the answers. If it's just one or two questions, then it's no problem but a lot of questions is just a hassle. :thumbs:

2) Now that you're past the NOA2, you should do most of your posting in the Philippines forum. Don't make multiple posts in different forums, you'll find most of your answers here.

3) The fact that you saved up 10 grand for a trip to the Philippines at your age is impressive. :thumbs: Just slow down on your questions, read the guides and the pinned threads in the Philippines forum, ask questions as needed and you'll have no problem. You'll get lots of help here and maybe make a few friends. Just space your questions out a little bit and you'll get better help.

Good luck on your journey.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I can answer only few of your questions.

I dont even know where to start, i just got my noa2 via email today, it was approved! But i have many questions and my situation is very unique.

I am a american citizen, im now 19 but when i was 18 i met a girl online and dated her for 10 months b4 flying to the Philippines to marry her, which i did. While i was there i got her pregnant. A month later i flew back to the states to start filing my petition, which i have already done. here is all my questions, please please answer them if you can.

5.My wife dosent have her passport yet, she has everythign ready but she must attend a seminar in manila b4 they will give her one, will this be a problem at the interview?

Yes, she will have to attend the CFO Guidance & Counseling Seminar. DFA won't issue her a Phil passport unless she can present the G & C certificate (GCC) from CFO.

The fee is only PHP 250.00

She needs the following for her CFO seminar:

1. Two (2) valid ID's

2. Certified true copy of your marriage certificate from NSO & a photocopy of it

3. As for "Other documents as may be required by the counselors" : Base from my experience, they wanted to see my NBI & birth certificate.

Have your wife photocopy all of these documents before she heads to SMEF-COW or PRISM for she will be required to submit these copies.

CFO link: http://www.cfo.gov.p...=140&Itemid=918

8.Where will this interview be takign place?

U.S. Embassy

1201 Roxas Boulevard

Manila, Philippines 1000

12.What do i need to do to get my child legally over here to the U.S.?

You will need to file for Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) for your child. This is the link to learn more about CRBA http://manila.usemba...th-abroad7.html

17.How much do passports cost?

PHP 1,200 for express processing

PHP 950.00 for normal processing

Visit the DFA website for more information (for first time applicants) : http://www.dfa.gov.p...ssport/passport

Edited by let-it-be

We would be more than willing to help him if he was stuck on something, but he is so far behind. He probably has many, many, many more questions that he doesn't even know about yet.

And I am wondering how he got all the way to NOA2 with so little understanding of the process, then I remember when I was that age. Still I am a bit skeptical.

I am 32, does that qualify me as a geezer? :lol: I am excited to become one!!

I am 50.. You are not a Geezer yet.. Hang on it will happen before you know it. One day you will be that old guy with a big gut, wearing Bermuda Shorts blacks socks and K-mart shoes at the hotel buffet. Oh yeah you will have on an old "Once a Marine always a Marine Hat"

Huh...??? You just asked 17 initial questions. Now you state that you are well aware of everything.....Which one is it?

I am wondering the same thing. The whiz kid saved all his money, did all his research, filed all his paperwork, now is asking what a NOA2 is for ?

from the official website of DFA (department of foreign affairs)

first applicant for passport

it didn't mention any kind of seminar

First-time Applicants

Wednesday, 01 July 2009 00:49 administrator

E-mail Print PDF

Forex

PASSPORT REQUIREMENTS FOR FIRST-TIME APPLICANTS:

Personal Appearance is required.

Duly accomplished application form.

Birth Certificate (BC) in Security Paper (SECPA) issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO) or Certified True Copy (CTC) of BC issued by the Local Civil Registrar duly authenticated by NSO.

Proof of identity / Supporting documents indicating full name, date and place of birth and citizenship

Other Supporting documents.

Additional Requirements:

For married women, who want to use surname of their spouse

Marriage Contract (MC) in Security Paper issued by NSO or Certified True Copy issued by the Local Civil Registrar duly authenticated by NSO.

For married women who would like to revert back to their maiden name

If already widowed: Death Certificate of the deceased husband;

If marriage is annulled: Certified true copy and photocopy of the first page and the dispositive portion of the judgment on annulment and NSO-issued MC with the annotation on the annulment decree;

If divorced: Certified true copy and photocopy of the first page and the dispositive portion of the judgment on divorce secured by foreign spouse authenticated by the Philippine Embassy or Consulate where the divorce is obtained.

For Minors (below 18 years old)

Personal appearance of either parent (if minor is of legitimate status).

Personal appearance of mother (if minor is of illegitimate status)

If minor is NOT traveling with either parent:

Original and photocopy of DSWD Clearance

Affidavit of Support and Consent

If both parents are abroad:

Affidavit of support and consent (must be authenticated by the nearest Philippine Embassy or Consulate General if not executed before a Consul).

Special Power of Attorney (must be authenticated by the nearest Philippine Embassy or Consulate General if not executed before a Consul designating the representative by name and authorizing him to apply for a passport on behalf of the minor).

Passport and photocopy of the passport of the traveling companion of the minor.

Identification Card and photocopy thereof of the duly authorized person.

For Muslim applicants

For those whose births were registered:

Please refer to requirements for first time passport applicants.

For those whose births were not registered:

Late registered Birth Certificate (BC) in Security Paper (SECPA) issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO)

Original and photocopy of Voter's Affidavit or other supporting documents indicating date and place of birth and citizenship, identity and tribal affiliation.

Certificate from the Office on Muslim Affairs (OMA)

For Applicants with Foreign-Sounding Family Names: (e.g. Lim, Cho, Sy, Lee, Samadi, Singh, Nakamura, Hasegawa, etc.) are required to submit the following documents:

Birth Certificate (BC) issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO) (by birth)

Certificate of No Marriage Record of Mother issued by NSO / LCR (if illegiitimate status, foreign father)

Marriage Certificate of Parents issued by NSO (if legitimate status)

Bureau of Immigration Identifacation Certificate No. (by naturalization; by election; by marriage; by recognition)

Applicant who availed of Dual Citizenship under RA9225 are required to submit the following:

1. Birth Certificate issued by NSO/OLD Philippine Passport

2. Identification certificate No.

3. Oath of Allegiance

4. Report of Birth (for those born abroad)

Please also Read some Guidelines on capturing photos at the Enrolment Section.

We came over last November. The only CFO requirement was that she had to have her sticker to board the plane. She went to the CFO course prior to going for the interview. She then went back and got the sticker after she got her VISA> They would not issue the sticker until her Visa was approved. I think we have Visa and Passport mixed up.

She has to have her VISA to get her CFO sticker. She did not have to have CFO to get a passport.

You can google and do your own research and find all these things out. Hubby was only 22 and I was 23 when we filed. No lawyers, we both did the work. Got my visa in 6 months and GC in 3 months. You can do it, goodluck!

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

I will answer the few I know for sure.. As others posted. Read the Guidelines here... RIght now you case not the first or unique in total as VJ receives many questions...

Firsst once again, as others posted read the Guidelines. Re Read the Guidelines..

Passport cost is about 2000 with everything. Plan $60 for your fiancee. More if she has to travel as mine did via boa to Cebu. I sent her $150 total for her travel, NBI and passsport fees.

You need one sponsor as Manila from what I understand does not allow co-sponsors.

NOA2 mean congratulations as from the USA side your background checked out okay and you are Approved from their USICS to marry.. Now Manila will determine via the documents you send Notice of Action 2 if you qualifiy and can support your wife as well as from her end is she legally capable to marry. Plus proof of on going relationship etc.

The baby will need a passport too. USA will immigration will not allow entry without.

Good luck..

You need one sponsor as Manila from what I understand does not allow co-sponsors.

I think he'll be okay with a co-sponsor as he's already married.

1.What does the noa2 even do, like did the california service center who was handeling my case send my case to manila? did they send it too some nvc building in the U.S.?

Noa2 means the USCIS has approved your petition and i am guessing you filed for spousal visa (CR1). The USCIS will now send your case to the NVC for further review of the immigrant visa application. The NVC will then give you a case number for your petition, then sends you the IV fee invoice and the AOS invoice. It is also where you will send the DS230 along with your wife's civil documents. The NVC is also where you will file the AOS.

2.I herd they are now going to be sending me a packet, how long will it take to get that and is it coming from manila or california?

Yes, the NVC is going to send you and the your wife a packet through snail mail but IF you email them and ask for them to email the packet, they will do so.

3.What all is included in this packet? Id like to know everything.

Ill try to enumerate as much as i remember, choice of agent, DS230 after payment of IV fee, AOS forms (all forms can be downloaded from the NVC website) etc.

4.When im sponsering her i wont have enough money so im having my grandfather co sponser, what all will he and i need to do, what will they need from us?

Unfortunately, i do not know enough about co sponsor because we didn't need one. However, as far as i know, They will need you and your Grandfather to fill up an Affidavit of Support, the type of AOS form will depend on whether you live with your Grandfather or not. They will your latest tax transcript or tax return (1040), W2 and pay stubs, and any other documents that will prove your capacity to support your wife.

5.My wife dosent have her passport yet, she has everythign ready but she must attend a seminar in manila b4 they will give her one, will this be a problem at the interview?

She needs to get her passport asap. Yes she has to attend the seminar and get the certificate before they will give her a passport.

6.Will her being pregnant be a problem at the interview?

I don't think so, BUT you gotta inform the NVC that your wife is pregnant.

7.I herd they are super picky, how can i make sure she passes that interview without fail?

There really is no guaranty. If you can prove that the marriage is not fraudulent and you can support your wife (with or without a co sponsor) then theres not much to worry about i think.

8.Where will this interview be takign place?

US embassy in manila. The NVC will schedule it for her.

9.What all does she need to bring?

All originals of every document you sent to the NVC. The NVC will inform you what else your wife needs to bring to the interview

10.If the baby is born just after her interview do i have to start a paetition for it and wait again?

If the baby is born AFTER the interview you will have to file for CRBA at the US embassy in manila.

11.If its born b4, are the going to deny her and wonder why they were not told about it?

based on my readings, the visa of the mother is usually put on hold pending the application of the CRBA. Meaning, the consul will put her visa on hold and tell her to process the baby's CRBA and US passport.

12.What do i need to do to get my child legally over here to the U.S.?

CRBA and US passport.

13.Can she get the babies passport from where she lives in the Philippines or does she have to go all the way back to manila?

She has the option to get the baby's Philippine passport at the regional office where she lives. BUT i think CRBA is the best route to the US for the baby.

14.Does she need to get all kinds of vaccinations b4 she steps foot in america? Are they going to rob me blind with $200 shots and vaccinations?

If shes pregnant during the medical she might not be given vaccinations that could put the baby at risk. Well, everybody has to pay. If you want your wife with you then you have no choice but pay.

15.Does the baby need to get that too b4 its allowed to fly?

No if the baby leaves the country via US passport.

17.How much do passports cost?

already answered.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You forgot one question......

18. If you were my Dad would you have already beaten the ####### out of me for doing something this stupid ?

Answer : Yes of course I would have. :yes:

USEM will not alow co-sponsors

^^^ The USEM allows joint sponsors for K-1'ers on a case-by-case basis. However, Regan L and his wife are not K-1'ers. They are CR-1'ers. The NVC allows joint sponsors for CR-1ers. The USEM nearly always goes along with the NVC on this issue.

you can no longer reapply for your passport through travel agency.

^^^ Travel agencies will be out of the passport business after June 30.

I think we have Visa and Passport mixed up.

^^^ There is no mix up. She married a foreigner in the Philippines, so she's required to complete the CFO seminar before she gets a passport.

Now Manila will determine via the documents you send Notice of Action 2 if you qualifiy and can support your wife

^^^ Regarding joint sponsors and financial support, please see my reply above to Anne and Bret.

I am 50.. You are not a Geezer yet.. Hang on it will happen before you know it. One day you will be that old guy with a big gut, wearing Bermuda Shorts blacks socks and K-mart shoes at the hotel buffet. Oh yeah you will have on an old "Once a Marine always a Marine Hat"

:lol: I can't wait!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.