MrsLopez

My Fiance has 4 children in Dominican Republic

11 posts in this topic

Hello my VJ Family!

I am reading everything on this site and it is amazing how you all help one another out to achieve a common goal, getting our loved ones in our arms as quickly as possible. I appreciate the support and advice that is given here. I especially appreciate the respect in the responses that I read (for the most part blush.gif). I do have to admit I have read some pretty interesting stories whistling.gif But the flow of the advice seems to fit the questions....I feel comfortable asking questions here because it seems like at least one person has a similar situation or circumstance.

Ok, so here is my topic for today, I will give as much details as I can. My fiance has 4 children in Dominican Republic heart.gif, 3 boys and 1 girl ages 16, 14, 12, and 9 (mi nina). Which I have met and we are extremely to close. All of them are by the same Mother whom my Fiance never married. My Fiance is with his children everyday and is very involved in their everyday life and education. Education is extremely important to the both of us.

I have 1 child (mi nina who is also 9 yrs. old) from a previous marriage (which was a mistakeOff-Topic2.gif). The children are very excited about us being a family in America and attending school here with my daughter. My daughter is very close to my Fiance's children. Even though there is a language barrier English / Spanish, the kids find a way to communicate with each other via Skype and Video Chat on Facebook. They call each other and teach each other words in English & Spanish. It is super sweet how they instantly fell in love with each other just like my Fiance and I did when we met. When it is meant to be things just flow like running water. luv.gif Our children will all be together in D.R. for Christmas and we are all excited!

My question of the day is, we know we want the children in America with us. I am for sure the 3 youngest children are ready to come now. The oldest son, I feel will stay in Dominican Republic to be with his Mother. Their Mother has agreed to allow the children to live with us here in America and she respects the relationship that I have built with her / our kids. So I am grateful for that.

Questions:

1. Will that be a problem when it comes to his interview that he will be leaving 4 children behind?

2. Currently my income does not meet the requirements to support my Fiance and our 5 children. I have 8 months left in my medical program (I am a Midwife with a Masters in Public Health) so within a yr my income will meet the requirements. We anticipate my Fiance getting here to Florida, learning to drive, and become employed / own his own business for a year before sending for the children.

Do we tell the Counselor all this information or do we just simply say "NO" the children aren't coming with us? Because we don't know exactly when we will start the process.

3. Will that impact his case once the Counselor learns how close my Fiance is to his children?

I don't want to have to wait for years before our children can all be together here. Ok VJ what do you think?unsure.gif

This is the best jOURney of OUR lives, together forever! Singing..... INTERNATIONAL LOVE :-)

yes you want to tell them that you want the kids to come with you..plusss if you dont meet the 125% poverly line you can get a co-sponsor who makes more money.. a family member or even a friend For example my dad was my co-sponsor it does help if you have a job..it could be a part time since you're in college..trust me it doesnt matter as long as you have some income coming...i had a part time because i am a cllege student and hubby is here with no problem..one question did you send your k1???already??:)

uvy5nraznbg21.png

as1cMf70g410510MDAwMDEwN2x8MDAwMTEwOGxkf

06/18/2008 Met

06/11/2011 Married

07/23/2011 I-130 filed and sent

07/26/2011 NOA1

08/05/2011 Last updated

02/09/2012 NOA2

02/22/2012 NVC received

02/27/2012 AOS Fee

02/29/2012 AOS Fee received in mail and paid

03/01/2012 AOS shows as PAID

03/05/2012 sent AOS and DS-3032(regular mail)

03/13/2012 iV bill invoiced

03/15/2012 IV bill paid

03/16/2012 IV bill shows as paid

03/19/2012 IV package sent(express mail)

03/20/2012 NVC Received package

03/22/2012 CASE COMPLETE!!!!!!!!

Interview Date!!!!! May 10th 2012 Thank God!!

Interview Approved!!

05/15/2012 Picked up Visa

05/19/2012 POE Miami

05/21/2012 Applied for SSN @ local office

06/01/2012 Received Welcome Letter

06/06/2012 Green Card Received

06/08/2012 Went to SS office to reapply for SSN

06/14/2012 Received SSN in the mail

VISA PROCESS OVER FINALLY!!!!

Removing of Conditions

03/08/2014 I-751 Package Sent

03/11/2014 I-751 Package Received

Good Morning..

I don't believe that there will be a problem with him leaving his children behind many people do it.. What you can do is a follow to join which is when you put his children's names like they intend to travel into the USA what this does it gives you guys a year in which you could bring the children. It saves you the first few steps of this process since they are already named on his paperwork.

Look into follow to join .. I believe thats your best option you can put all 3 children.

Good Day

USCIC

12-28-11 I-130's mailed

01-03-12 NOA1 for both hubby & step-son

NO RFE Thank GOD

03-30-12 NOA2 for both hubby & step-son

NVC

04-02-2012 NVC received both Cases

04-19-2012 NVC case #'s by phone

04-19-2012 Received A.O.S bill/DS-3032

04-19-2012 Paid A.O.S bill/sent DS-3032

04/26/2012 Accepted

05/01/2012 Mail A.O.S for both

05/01/2012 Recieved IV bill

05/01/2012 Paid IV bill for both

05/23/2012 NVC received DS-230 for both

06/01/2012 Cases complete

06/22/2012 Interview date received for Both <3

08/13/2012 Monday @ 7:30am for hubby & step-son :)

VISA APROVADA

I agree with In<3. According to your post, the best option for you it will be to do follow to join. It's more paperwork and a little bit more money, but as of right now, in your financial situation, you shouldn't bring them all at once. Especially if your fiance won't have a secured job as soon as he arrives. Because when he comes, if all children come with him, for each child under 14 years old, the fee to file Adjustment of Status from a K2 visa is $635. Not including his total fee of $1,070 for AOS from a K1 visa alone. You also have a year to request for them to come on a K2 visa. If you want to bring one for now, it's fine, but also remember they each have to complete a medical exam/vaccines, including your fiance. My fiance is coming with his daughter, because we wanted to avoid doing everything else later on, but 5 beneficiaries including your fiance is ALOT of money, a co-sponsor is only going to help giving proof that when he comes (& if his children come) they can provide financial support, it's not to help with the costs of medical exams,vaccines,AOS,trip planning, etc... It's a tough situation, but keep in mind that time does fly by, and most important is to bring your fiance here so you guys can work together and be able to bring the children with no problem (financially).

I don't think there is any problem, if they ask why he is leaving them behind, just simply tell the truth, you want to be stable first and be able to afford the costs coming up together.

good luck with any decision you make. you know we're here to help and share our experiences with you :star:

Edited by sanchez525

I agree with the response from the rest of the ladies, It is a BIG expensive that you are look at, You can always add the kids in the petition, as they will intend to travel eventually but not at the moment when is time for your fiance to travel.

I've heard in many case where adding the children to the petition is good for up to a year, and keep in mind that as a USC you can always petition for the kids later on down the line and it will not take as long as if it was your husband who would be trying to petition for him, as he will become a legal res. where it can take up to years for him to have his kids here.

And remember always honesty with the CO.

Good Luck!!

~* GodsGift225*~

yes you want to tell them that you want the kids to come with you..plusss if you dont meet the 125% poverly line you can get a co-sponsor who makes more money.. a family member or even a friend For example my dad was my co-sponsor it does help if you have a job..it could be a part time since you're in college..trust me it doesnt matter as long as you have some income coming...i had a part time because i am a cllege student and hubby is here with no problem..one question did you send your k1???already??:)

Hola Mariel!

Thanks for your advice. No, we haven't sent our K-1 yet because I need to know all I can before sending it and I need to ensure everything is filled out completely. You are really helping me and this makes us feel so much better.:) I love your story it is so unique and romantic (L) we are happy for you. I am especially happy that your hubby has a job already! Thank you so much for your support it means so much to us.

This is the best jOURney of OUR lives, together forever! Singing..... INTERNATIONAL LOVE :-)

Good Morning..

I don't believe that there will be a problem with him leaving his children behind many people do it.. What you can do is a follow to join which is when you put his children's names like they intend to travel into the USA what this does it gives you guys a year in which you could bring the children. It saves you the first few steps of this process since they are already named on his paperwork.

Look into follow to join .. I believe thats your best option you can put all 3 children.

Good Day

Hello In <3, good morning to you!

Thank you for the follow to join advice. After speaking with my fiance, this is what we have decided to do. I am happy to know that your babies will be able to join us in a year. This will be perfect for all of us. Thank you for your support you R-O-C-K :dance:

I agree with In<3. According to your post, the best option for you it will be to do follow to join. It's more paperwork and a little bit more money, but as of right now, in your financial situation, you shouldn't bring them all at once. Especially if your fiance won't have a secured job as soon as he arrives. Because when he comes, if all children come with him, for each child under 14 years old, the fee to file Adjustment of Status from a K2 visa is $635. Not including his total fee of $1,070 for AOS from a K1 visa alone. You also have a year to request for them to come on a K2 visa. If you want to bring one for now, it's fine, but also remember they each have to complete a medical exam/vaccines, including your fiance. My fiance is coming with his daughter, because we wanted to avoid doing everything else later on, but 5 beneficiaries including your fiance is ALOT of money, a co-sponsor is only going to help giving proof that when he comes (& if his children come) they can provide financial support, it's not to help with the costs of medical exams,vaccines,AOS,trip planning, etc... It's a tough situation, but keep in mind that time does fly by, and most important is to bring your fiance here so you guys can work together and be able to bring the children with no problem (financially).

I don't think there is any problem, if they ask why he is leaving them behind, just simply tell the truth, you want to be stable first and be able to afford the costs coming up together.

good luck with any decision you make. you know we're here to help and share our experiences with you :star:

Sanchez, my (L) you are the bomb! Thank you so much for your response. Your answer is just what I needed to hear. You always talk $ and that is where I am mentally at the moment too. Plus, I want a smoothe transition for all of us. My fiance doesn't speak much English and he doesn't know how to drive here lol. You know how it is in Bani. :) Thank you for your support. This makes this process less stressful and easier. My fiance asked me last night for your fiance family name, but I wasnt sure. Maybe they know each other. :)

We will apply with the intent to join with the children's names. I will visit in August and we will discuss things with the children and prepare then. You are a few days away from being in your finance's arms! I am so excited for you!

xoxoxo,

Keisha

I agree with the response from the rest of the ladies, It is a BIG expensive that you are look at, You can always add the kids in the petition, as they will intend to travel eventually but not at the moment when is time for your fiance to travel.

I've heard in many case where adding the children to the petition is good for up to a year, and keep in mind that as a USC you can always petition for the kids later on down the line and it will not take as long as if it was your husband who would be trying to petition for him, as he will become a legal res. where it can take up to years for him to have his kids here.

And remember always honesty with the CO.

Good Luck!!

Good morning GodsGift (I love the name)

Thank you for your advice and support. I feel really welcomed here and my finance and I really appreciate all the support of VJ. I feel like I have a littel bond with the ladies here in this process. I follow your posts and you seem to really know a lot about this process. You along with the other ladies I responded to really ROCK :dance: Again, thanks for your support it means so much to us.

xoxo,

Keisha

Hello In <3, good morning to you!

Thank you for the follow to join advice. After speaking with my fiance, this is what we have decided to do. I am happy to know that your babies will be able to join us in a year. This will be perfect for all of us. Thank you for your support you R-O-C-K :dance:

Another thing is that you should consider what best fits you..K1 is your main option??but i would like to tell you that you should consider reading about CR1 and the differences of the two visa processing and see what best fits you :) and if there is no problem with you guys there is no need to hire a lawyer..the Dominican crew here is very helpul...We are here to help each other and answer all the possible questions you have in mind....But of course you would do what is best for you because evryone has ts own needs :)

uvy5nraznbg21.png

as1cMf70g410510MDAwMDEwN2x8MDAwMTEwOGxkf

06/18/2008 Met

06/11/2011 Married

07/23/2011 I-130 filed and sent

07/26/2011 NOA1

08/05/2011 Last updated

02/09/2012 NOA2

02/22/2012 NVC received

02/27/2012 AOS Fee

02/29/2012 AOS Fee received in mail and paid

03/01/2012 AOS shows as PAID

03/05/2012 sent AOS and DS-3032(regular mail)

03/13/2012 iV bill invoiced

03/15/2012 IV bill paid

03/16/2012 IV bill shows as paid

03/19/2012 IV package sent(express mail)

03/20/2012 NVC Received package

03/22/2012 CASE COMPLETE!!!!!!!!

Interview Date!!!!! May 10th 2012 Thank God!!

Interview Approved!!

05/15/2012 Picked up Visa

05/19/2012 POE Miami

05/21/2012 Applied for SSN @ local office

06/01/2012 Received Welcome Letter

06/06/2012 Green Card Received

06/08/2012 Went to SS office to reapply for SSN

06/14/2012 Received SSN in the mail

VISA PROCESS OVER FINALLY!!!!

Removing of Conditions

03/08/2014 I-751 Package Sent

03/11/2014 I-751 Package Received

Why not get married and file CR-1???

01/01/2008 - Met
04/27/2010 - Engaged
08/23/2011 - Married
USCIS
10/03/2011 - I-130 Sent (USPS priority w/ delivery confirmation)
10/05/2011 - Package arrived at chicago lockbox
10/06/2011 - NOA1
11/09/2011 - NOA2 (no RFE's)
NVC
11/14/2011 - Petition received by NVC/ Received NOA2 by mail
11/21/2011 - NVC case # received by email/ Got AOS fee by email/ Called NVC to provide beneficiary email
11/27/2011 - Choice of agent (DS-3023) sent to NVC by email
.....took a break from process to delay interview....
01/26/2012 - Payed IV fee
01/27/2012 - IV fee status shown as PAID
02/07/2012 - Payed AOS fee
02/08/2012 - AOS fee status shown as PAID
02/09/ 2012 - DS-230 package sent to NVC (priority mail)
03/06/2012 - AOS package sent to NVC (priority mail)
03/12/2012 - Called NVC and found out about checklist. Sent revision to NVC that same day.
03/16/2012 - CASE COMPLETE!
04/11/2012 - Informed of interview via phone by DOS/ Got P4 email from NVC a few hours later that same day (May 4th)
SANTO DOMINGO CONSULATE
04/19/2012 - Medical
05/04/2012 - Interview (APPROVED)
05/10/2012 - Visa ready and picked up at domex
05/15/2012 - POE in Boston (together)
U. S. A
05/29/2012 - Went to SS office to apply for SS card
06/01/2012 - Welcome letter arrived (Received about 3 of these)
06/05/2012 - Green card arrived
06/15/2012- Back to SS office with green card to reapply and inquire about delay
06/18/2012 - Picked up SSN at SSA office
06/22/2012 - SS card arrived by mail

04/24/14 - Sent I-751 to remove conditions

06/09/14 - Biometrics

11/2014 - RFE from USCIS requesting more evidence before approval

Late Jan - Sent further evidence of marriage

03/05/2015 - Got letter of approval for removal of conditions

03/15/2015 - Permanent 10 yr green card received via mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.