KoolBreez

What really happens after I-130 is approved?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Hello All,

I have read a lot of info about what happens after I-130 is approved. Most of it inconsistent. Following is what I am unclear about:

1. I realize that the case is transferred to the NVC. Then what? Do they contact me or do I contact them? I read it both ways.

2. Will the NVC contact my spouse in India or will the NVC send the documents to the US Embassy in India and the Embassy will contact my spouse?

3. Does my spouse make an appointment with the Embassy or does the embassy make an appointment and inform the spouse?

4. Can I fill all the forms after NVC transfer on my spouse's behalf?

5. Are the NVC forms and Affidavit of support the last forms or are there more forms from the Embassy?

Thanks

KooBreez

Hello All,

I have read a lot of info about what happens after I-130 is approved. Most of it inconsistent. Following is what I am unclear about:

1. I realize that the case is transferred to the NVC. Then what? Do they contact me or do I contact them? I read it both ways.

2. Will the NVC contact my spouse in India or will the NVC send the documents to the US Embassy in India and the Embassy will contact my spouse?

3. Does my spouse make an appointment with the Embassy or does the embassy make an appointment and inform the spouse?

5. Are the NVC forms and Affidavit of support the last forms or are there more forms from the Embassy?

Thanks

KooBreez

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/370651-nvc-filers-june-2012/

This link can explain more, I follow it.

I-130 NOA1:2011/10/17(217 days)

After 187 days REF:2012/4/24(email)

REF:2012/5/7(mail)-stupid photo

REF Sent:2012/5/8

REF reviewing:2012/5/15

Approved NOA2 :2012/5/21(email)2012/5/24(mail)

NVC (66 days)

NVC Received case:2012/6/11 (22days/15 business days)

case no.assigned:2012/6/19 (8 days/6 business days since NVC received case)

DS-3032 sent: 2012/6/19 wrong case no. resent:2012/6/20

AOS I-864 Bill : 2012/6/21

Pay I-864 Bill:2012/6/22(Fri),6/25(Mon) showed as PAID

DS-3032 accepted : 2012/6/28

Receive IV Bill DS-230 : 2012/6/29

Pay IV Bill DS-230 : 2012/6/30(Fri),7/3(Mon) showed as PAID

Return Completed I-864 :2012/7/10,arrived:2012/7/13,accepted:2012/7/20

Medical:2012/7/13 received result:2012/7/24

Return Completed DS-230 :2012/7/14,arrived:2012/7/23,accepted:2012/7/26

Case Completed at NVC :2012/7/26

Interview date assigned+P4 interview letter :2012/8/3(8 days since case completed)

Interview date :2012/9/25 OMG flying to Sydney

Interview Result : Approved!

Visa issued:2012/09/26 (received an email notice)

Visa Received :2012/09/28(Yeah...got it!!)

event.png

Filed: Timeline

Hello All,

Thanks

KooBreez

1. Eventually NVC will contact you, but most people are proactive and contact NVC to request their case number and begin sending the necessary documentation, which is much faster. There are several NVC threads explaining how to do this.

2. The NVC contacts the beneficiary wherever they may be and requests the applications and information they need to complete the case, before the case even gets to the embassy. But see answer to Q1.

3. The NVC makes the appointment and informs the beneficiary.

4. You can fill out all of the forms if you want, but some require your spouse's signature. And your spouse obviously needs to know what's in them so he/she can certify they are correct, and for interview purposes.

5. There's a required medical examination. The form is filled out by a doctor selected by the embassy and either forwarded to the embassy directly or brought to the embassy by the beneficiary. Read the NVC threads and your country-specific threads to find out expectations at your embassy.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

That's grrrreat! Thank you for the specific responses..

KoolBreez

I've been following following links and VJ threads in general from day 1. They have been great help.

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/How_Do_I_Bring_My_Spouse_%28Husband_or_Wife%29_to_Live_in_the_United_States%3F

There is also a few shortcut threads but not much different.

1) http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/James%27s_Shortcuts

2) http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

They are all very similar and explain everything you need to know.

Like anyone on VJ will tell you, READ AND RESEARCH BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING.

Feel free to send me any questions you have.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.