photomile

We're having problems getting stuff for the I-134

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Wales
Timeline

Well, the other half has been to both Chase and Wells Fargo and has had a few answers, but none of them bad.

As per the I-134, we are trying to get :

Statement from an officer of the bank or other financial institutions with deposits, identifying the following details regarding the account

1: Date account opened

2: Total amount deposited for the past year; and

3: Present balance

Both Chase and Wells Fargo are giving us both the run around and aren't prepared to produce a letter that says this, instead what we've been told is that we can print from online banking the list of deposits, and have been given a very standard statement of accounts sheet which

for Chase gives us

The date the account was opened and present balance. It does not give us the total amount deposited for the past year, and isn't a "letter" as such. It's a "Deposit Account Balance Summary", i.e. standard print off.

Wells Fargo have actually written letters but again stating the date the account was opened and present balance for both her savings and checking, but specifically states that she will have the get her online banking to provide the total deposits.

How have other people tackled this? Should we try and print these deposits out and send regardless? Will the UK embassy accept that?

Are we going to have to keep going back to this and try and push for a letter stating all of the above? Or could we just print these and get the bank to stamp them and confirm they are accurate ? (Given past experience, this might not be easy)

Since this is down to london and the way they require things, can anyone give us some more information?

Also, with regard to payslips, L receives them by email in work and prints them again. Again, is this going to be a problem or do we need to get them notarised?

Thanks

Since this is down to london and the way they require things, can anyone give us some more information?

Also, with regard to payslips, L receives them by email in work and prints them again. Again, is this going to be a problem or do we need to get them notarised?

Thanks

I wonder why you're bothering with a letter from the bank?

All of what I have to say about the I-134 proofs is in the pinned thread. I started the thread so I wouldn't have to type the same info over again. So find that if you want.

Page 11, post 160

Your Internet pay slips will be fine.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Hi Photomile! I have Chase too for my bank and ran into the same issue of them not being super helpful in giving me anything official. Their online site *is* great, but not perfect for this purpose. So... I'm skipping all the bank account stuff and just providing a letter from my employer, two recent pay stubs and tax transcripts. My pay stubs are PDFs that my work automatically emails me so I'm just printing those out, they're just as official as anything else they could give me.

I heard that if you make well beyond the required amount, you only need to fill out the first line. For example, if the petitioner's salary is some random higher amount, say $50,000 yearly and it's just the two of you, that's above what's required, so they can just write that in the line where it says "I derive an annual income of:" and then leave the rest of the lines blank. Maybe someone can confirm? But that's what I plan to do.

Sounds like my plan will work. Here's the post Nich-Nick is referring to: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/350185-london-2012-k1s-from-noa2-to-interview-thread/page__st__150__p__5345046#entry5345046

and pasting this below to help photomile and confirm what I said :)

"London does not have any required item for proof of income as long as you prove it. Two proofs is plenty to cover the "just in case" worriers. Pick from ANY of these examples:

• Tax return info--transcript OR photocopy of actual return with W2 (just the one most recent)
  • Pay slips
  • Letter from employer
  • Bank statements showing investments/assets if the income isn't up to 100% of poverty level
  • Pension statement or Social Security benefit statement if retired and no salary"

So yeah, you only need the bank stuff if the petitioner's income isn't at the set amount :) Maybe you won't even need it?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.