ffp

Question on USA/Canada POE

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline

Hello Sorry if I post in wrong section.

I got NOA2 and would like to know about Canada and us relation ship.

If my fiance get visa most flights go through Canada. Last time I visit fiancee I flew through Canada. I have stamp in my passport from Canada and no other stamps.

If my fiancee flew through Canada will be her POE Canadian airport? or I will have to get ticket that will fly to US?

I am trying to prepare ahead a little so my head will not blow up once she get the visa.

dd/mm/yyyy K-1

01/03/2012 === I-129F sent via USPS

01/05/2012 === I-129F delivered to USCIS (PO BOX)

01/06/2012 === I-129F officially received by USCIS (Information from hard copy of NOA1)

01/09/2012 === I-129F official notice day (Information from hard copy of NOA1)

01/10/2012 === NOA1 received by Email. Case routed to California Service Center

01/13/2012 === I-129F official hard copy received from USCIS

03/29/2012 === I-129F touched.

06/11/2012 === I-129F Approved (157 days)

06/12/2012 === NOA2 received by Email.

06/12/2012 === I-129F touched.

07/02/2012 === I-129F touched. (I hope it is gong to NVC ;) ) (NOA2 approved for 2nd time)

07/06/2012 === 2nd NOA2 official hard copy received from USCIS. ( I am furious about getting my application approved for 2nd time. I wonder why they did it? )

07/05/2012 === NVC received

07/10/2012 === NVC left

07/16/2012 === Consulate received (via DHL tracking)

08/21/2012 === Inteview (Approved)

11/04/2012 === POE at Detroit

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Moving to Canada forums as OP is asking specifically about Canada POE information. Not about K-1 information.

Also read this http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/373910-flight-from-pearson-at-653-am-when-should-i-arrive/

There is some information posted on this question about Canadian airports and POE through them to the USA.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Hello Sorry if I post in wrong section.

I got NOA2 and would like to know about Canada and us relation ship.

If my fiance get visa most flights go through Canada. Last time I visit fiancee I flew through Canada. I have stamp in my passport from Canada and no other stamps.

If my fiancee flew through Canada will be her POE Canadian airport? or I will have to get ticket that will fly to US?

I am trying to prepare ahead a little so my head will not blow up once she get the visa.

To transit thru Canada your finacee may need a transit visa obtained at the Canadian Embassy in Moscow (you need to check on this as she must travel with the restrictions of a Kazakhstani citizen). I have never looked into it as there is a direct flight from Almaty to Frankfurt and from Frankfurt directly to NYC, Washington DC, Chicago, Houston, and Denver. I would avoid the flights into Canada. We use the flight from Frankfurt to Denver even though it is a 7 hours layover in Frankfurt. I like Lufthansa on the international flights. Well run, few delays or other problems and costs about the same. I did go to a secondary seller for the MIL as they wanted to send me to the Almaty local office and I would have to pay in KZT and then pay the conversion rate and fee. I wanted to pay in USD. I have found that saving a few hundred dollars ends up costing me delays or other problems. I would look for a good POE airport in the US and then plan plenty of time to get thru immigration and customs. You might think about breaking the trip up into the international part and then you meet your fiancee at the POE, spend the night and then fly on domestically the next day. That reduces the pressure of having to make a connecting flight. A bite more expensive, but given that flights from Almaty are running $2500 or so for a round trip (I did not by a one-way as at the time it was $1000 MORE than the RT--it might not be that way now) what's a few hundred dollars to be with the one you love and help them navigate their way thru the US airports?

Good luck,

Dave

Edited by Dave&Roza

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline

To transit thru Canada your finacee may need a transit visa obtained at the Canadian Embassy in Moscow (you need to check on this as she must travel with the restrictions of a Kazakhstani citizen). I have never looked into it as there is a direct flight from Almaty to Frankfurt and from Frankfurt directly to NYC, Washington DC, Chicago, Houston, and Denver. I would avoid the flights into Canada. We use the flight from Frankfurt to Denver even though it is a 7 hours layover in Frankfurt. I like Lufthansa on the international flights. Well run, few delays or other problems and costs about the same. I did go to a secondary seller for the MIL as they wanted to send me to the Almaty local office and I would have to pay in KZT and then pay the conversion rate and fee. I wanted to pay in USD. I have found that saving a few hundred dollars ends up costing me delays or other problems. I would look for a good POE airport in the US and then plan plenty of time to get thru immigration and customs. You might think about breaking the trip up into the international part and then you meet your fiancee at the POE, spend the night and then fly on domestically the next day. That reduces the pressure of having to make a connecting flight. A bite more expensive, but given that flights from Almaty are running $2500 or so for a round trip (I did not by a one-way as at the time it was $1000 MORE than the RT--it might not be that way now) what's a few hundred dollars to be with the one you love and help them navigate their way thru the US airports?

Good luck,

Dave

Dave Thank you for your explanation. I will keep eye on the airlines going directly to USA and not Canada.

Now I know what options I have.

Thanks.

dd/mm/yyyy K-1

01/03/2012 === I-129F sent via USPS

01/05/2012 === I-129F delivered to USCIS (PO BOX)

01/06/2012 === I-129F officially received by USCIS (Information from hard copy of NOA1)

01/09/2012 === I-129F official notice day (Information from hard copy of NOA1)

01/10/2012 === NOA1 received by Email. Case routed to California Service Center

01/13/2012 === I-129F official hard copy received from USCIS

03/29/2012 === I-129F touched.

06/11/2012 === I-129F Approved (157 days)

06/12/2012 === NOA2 received by Email.

06/12/2012 === I-129F touched.

07/02/2012 === I-129F touched. (I hope it is gong to NVC ;) ) (NOA2 approved for 2nd time)

07/06/2012 === 2nd NOA2 official hard copy received from USCIS. ( I am furious about getting my application approved for 2nd time. I wonder why they did it? )

07/05/2012 === NVC received

07/10/2012 === NVC left

07/16/2012 === Consulate received (via DHL tracking)

08/21/2012 === Inteview (Approved)

11/04/2012 === POE at Detroit

event.png

Good luck,

Dave

I dont think this is correct, as long as your fiance doesnt have to change airports he wont have to transit customs in the enroute nation, at least this has been my experience (though I do have some question as to why you feel most aviation routes run through canada, most coming from Russia and FSB nations seem to stop in Turkey where there is a direct flight to every major US city)...this is an indirect result of the freedoms of the air (specifically the 7th freedom) resulting from the Convention on International Civil Aviation of 1944, the question is whether Canada and the home nation of the airline have signed a bilateral air transport agreement.

Edited by Assiya/Jeremy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.