Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Please help me with Tax question for AOS

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

SO here I am still struggling to file my AOS.

We got married last month all good :dance: :dance:

a LITTLE BACK GROUND: we both were student in 2009-2010 now he works has a consultant, which involves him traveling around the world, in a way he sorts his own taxes. Due to travel and work he has applied for an extension for 2011.

Now we did request the transcripts from IRS for 2009 and 2010 however I really worry about 2011. As per my understanding its all about the current income. Now my question is what forms do we really need? He got his pay subs, bank statement? We dont want a RFE :crying: we don't have the W2 how important is it?

Plesea help me, I really want to file my AOS, As he is super busy with work I have to deal with most of the paper work :angry: lol


Edited by J&P!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

W2 is not needed if you have tax transcripts from the IRS.

If you do not have those then you need the W2s.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not everyone has W2s. If your husband is paid as a contractor, for instance, he would have 1099s. There is no "one size fits all" for tax forms. So, if he had W2s, then you need them (or a transcript). If he was never issued a W2, then you don't.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.