J&P!

Please help me with Tax question for AOS

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

SO here I am still struggling to file my AOS.

We got married last month all good :dance: :dance:

a LITTLE BACK GROUND: we both were student in 2009-2010 now he works has a consultant, which involves him traveling around the world, in a way he sorts his own taxes. Due to travel and work he has applied for an extension for 2011.

Now we did request the transcripts from IRS for 2009 and 2010 however I really worry about 2011. As per my understanding its all about the current income. Now my question is what forms do we really need? He got his pay subs, bank statement? We dont want a RFE :crying: we don't have the W2 how important is it?

Plesea help me, I really want to file my AOS, As he is super busy with work I have to deal with most of the paper work :angry: lol

Thanks

Edited by J&P!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

W2 is not needed if you have tax transcripts from the IRS.

If you do not have those then you need the W2s.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Not everyone has W2s. If your husband is paid as a contractor, for instance, he would have 1099s. There is no "one size fits all" for tax forms. So, if he had W2s, then you need them (or a transcript). If he was never issued a W2, then you don't.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.