k_hudda

Finally successful IR1 interview completed at MONTREAL

9 posts in this topic

Hello VJ Members,

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

IR1 process finally completed today with the success of my interview at Montreal. Before I start anything let me thank all of you guys. You are really helpful, nice, kind and mainly friends.

So I left Toronto yesterday which was Oct 15th Sunday around 9:00 PM from Greyhound and I was in Montreal at around 4:55 AM. It was long trip but worth it. I spent 1.5 hours at Montreal Bus Terminal and around 7:00 AM I took cab to go to Montreal Embassy and they charged me $7.00 (Tips Included). As VJ members said its first come first serve at the embassy that was true. My interview scheduled at 9:30 but I was early there. There was one Chinese guy ahead me he was there for H1 visa with his US Citizen Spouse.

Security opens the front door at around 7:35 AM and they checked my appointment letter and now I was at security check up. The security lady was so nice she told me to put my folder and change and rest of the thing in the tray and told me to take out my jacket. I did and everything was fine. She told me to wait downstairs till 8:00 AM and somebody will come and take you to the Floor 19th and there you have to go to window 14. I knew that..Thanks to VJ …

Around 8:00 AM, security came down and took around 13-15 people to the top. One lady with the 3 teenage daughters was in so hurry she took over me and stands ahead me at window 14. I said OK. I was second over there and that lady was so mean to her daughter I can’t even find words to describe that situation. Anyways around 8:25 AM lady open the window 14 and she checked my appointment letter and gave me token # C2 and told me to wait at immigration waiting area. Around 8:45 AM my number show up on the screen and it was blinking like C2 -> Window 9. I went to window 9 it was in large room. I went there and the lady behind the counter asked for the token number and my passport medical document and Xpresspost envelope. She opened the medical document in front of me. I asked her whether they need my X-Ray or not and she said naaah. Over there she checks all the documents and I update my wife’s address and everything. Our attorney made some typo in my DS 230 so I told her and she fixed it without any problem. After that she told me to wait outside. I went out and with in 10-15 mins around 9:05 AM my token number show up again on the screen and this time it was like C2 -> Window 8. I got up and head towards the window 8. I knock the door and the man was behind the glass. Formal greetings and than he started questioning.

First thing Finger print. Than he asked me about my previous two refusal about the B1 and how I got the approval last time for B1 from Ottawa?

Than he asked what am I doing for living?

What is my wife doing? What is he studying? How old is my daughter? I had co-sponser so he asked me who is this guy?

Where will I stay in USA?

Then he told me about my Canadian Residency that I would have to give up and why I wanted to settle in USA?

Than finally he said he doesn’t have any problem to issue visa and he start talking about the sports. That’s it and finally he asked my when am I planning to move? I said end of this month.

I was out of the consulate around 9:15 AM and took 10:00 AM bus for Toronto came back here at 7:30 PM. Here I am writing my experience to share with my VJ members.

Ok after all this I have one question in my mind hopefully you will advise me.

Should I take flight from Toronto and do my immigration at Toronto airport or should I drive to Buffalo and do my immigration at Peace bridge, Fort Erie and take flight from there?

Which one is better?

Your help will be appreciable.

Thanks to all again,

K

ignore some spelling and grammer mistakes...... :yes:

I don't have the answer to your Qs about Toronto vs. Buffalo, but CONGRATS

:)

:dance:

Married 12-30-05

Started our visa journey Jan 06.

01-06 - I-130, K3 shortly after

04-06 - switched to Canada Immigration

07-06 - Moved to Canada (PR almost complete)

07-06 - Changed again, back to US imm.

09-06 - Landed as Canadian PR

10-06 - DCF Toronto, Approved in 1.5 hrs!

11-06 - Interview Montreal (success!)

I-130

10-05-06 DCF in Toronto - Approved

10-19-06 Packet 3 received & sent back

10-20-06 Montreal receives P3

11-03-06 Packet 4 received

11-06-06 Medical

11-22-06 Interview / Visa approved

11-26-06 heading home, 6 day drive, my oh my

HOME SWEET HOME

10.24.08 - Mailed I-751 to CSC

Delivered at 9:03 AM on October 25, 2008

10.29.08 NOA1

10.30.08 Check cashed

12.06.08 Biometrics Appt.

12.19.08 Received new Drivers License extended to 2011

03.12.09 Received CONGRATULATIONS letter - Card on the way!!

03.20.09 Received his SHINY new card. WOO HOOOOOOO

YAY!! We can take a break from this madness until Citizenship.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

And thanks for all the details of your interview experience. I go for mine on Friday.

Sorry i don't know the answer to your question either but I'm sure someone does.

I-130

sent to NSC Jan 6 2006

NOA1 rec Jan 28

NOA2 rec Apr 27

NVC rec May 18 and case # assigned

NVC generates DS 3032 & I-864 bill May 29

DS-3032 rec and sent snail mail June 7

I-864 bill rec. by petitioner June 12

NVC rec. DS-3032 June 13

I-864 pmt sent by petitioner June 15

IV fee bill generated June 19

IV bill rec. June 26

IV bill pmt sent June 28

NVC rec. IV bill pmt July 10

Got I-864 July 18

I-864 returned to NVC July 24

DS-230 rec. and returned to NVC July 28

NVCrec I-864 ??

NVC rec DS-230 Aug 1

RFE on I-864 Aug 4

Rec. RFE snail mail Aug 11

Returned RFE over night Aug 12

NVC rec RFE Aug 15

CASE COMPLETE!!! Aug 21

INTERVIEW DATE OCTOBER 20TH -as of Sept 13.!!!!!

Crossed border at Intl. Falls,MN. Nov. 14

App. for SSN Nov. 17 - rec. SSN Nov. 25

DEC 7 - RECEIVED GREEN CARD

10 year green card ordered Jan. 21, 2009 DONE

Timeline

Congrats!! Not sure what matters POE wise. I guess just sit down and see what is cheaper flight wise. Best of luck

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Congratulations!

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats!!! It's nice to finally find someone else getting their IR-1 in Montreal. I have a question, because I've seen conflicting answers around here and other sites. Did you have to pay anything at the consulate? I've noticed rumors of a fingerprinting fee. I know everything else was covered by the money sent to the NVC, but just want to be prepared as I don't really plan on bringing US$ with me to Montreal unless necessary ;)

Hopefully ours is as quick and painless as yours! Again, Congrats! :thumbs:

Married in Kokomo, Indiana: 10/20/2003

----------------------------------

CR-1 @ Nebraska/California

Sent I-130 NSC: 10/31/2003

I-130 NOA1: 11/12/2003

Transferred to CSC: 09/02/04

I-130 Approved: 10/25/04

NVC Case number assigned: 11/18/04

DS-3032 Generated/Sent: 12/06/04

DS-3032 (no I-864 bill in either package...?) Received: 12/13/04

Sent DS-3032 back anyway: 12/17/04

New DS-3032/I-864 fee bill package arrvies from NVC: 12/20/04 *Sending the $65 when Don gets paid next

IV Fee Bill Arrives: 01/14/05 *Not sending this until Don gets his tax return (because we're poor and need $$)

----------------------------------

K3 @ Missouri (NBC)

Sent I-129F: 11/14/2003

I-129F NOA1: 12/03/2003

I-129F RFE: 02/20/2004

Sent RFE: 03/05/04

RFE Received @ MSC: 03/15/04

I-129F NOA2: 07/07/04

Interview Date (Montreal, Canada): 10/05/04

APPROVED!!!!!

Entered US on K3 and I-94 Issued: 10/06/04

EAD @ Missouri (NBC)

Sent EAD to MSC: 10/07/04

EAD NOA1: 10/12/04

Called to schedule Biometrics: 10/15/04

Biometrics in Indianapolis: 10/19/04

EAD APPROVED!!!!!! 12/17/04

MSC sends EAD: 12/21/04

EAD Arrives: 12/23/04

Trip to SSA: 01/03/05

Manual Verification received at SSA and approved: 01/18/05

Printout of SSN obtained: 01/21/05

SSN Card Arrives!! 01/26/05

Hey,

If you are talking about CR1/IR1, i dont think so you have to pay any fees. If you have already paid it to NVC you dont need to.

In my case i didn't pay any single penny.

Hope this will help you.

K

Congrats!!! It's nice to finally find someone else getting their IR-1 in Montreal. I have a question, because I've seen conflicting answers around here and other sites. Did you have to pay anything at the consulate? I've noticed rumors of a fingerprinting fee. I know everything else was covered by the money sent to the NVC, but just want to be prepared as I don't really plan on bringing US$ with me to Montreal unless necessary ;)

Hopefully ours is as quick and painless as yours! Again, Congrats! :thumbs:

Timeline

Congratulations and thanks for the review. As to which one is better well I think the one at the airport would be a bit more intense simply because the immigration agents are dealing with people trying to enter USA from all over the world so they scrutinize everything and everyone more then I guess would be the case at the land crossing. But that is my own personal opinion.

Hello VJ Members,

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

IR1 process finally completed today with the success of my interview at Montreal. Before I start anything let me thank all of you guys. You are really helpful, nice, kind and mainly friends.

So I left Toronto yesterday which was Oct 15th Sunday around 9:00 PM from Greyhound and I was in Montreal at around 4:55 AM. It was long trip but worth it. I spent 1.5 hours at Montreal Bus Terminal and around 7:00 AM I took cab to go to Montreal Embassy and they charged me $7.00 (Tips Included). As VJ members said its first come first serve at the embassy that was true. My interview scheduled at 9:30 but I was early there. There was one Chinese guy ahead me he was there for H1 visa with his US Citizen Spouse.

Security opens the front door at around 7:35 AM and they checked my appointment letter and now I was at security check up. The security lady was so nice she told me to put my folder and change and rest of the thing in the tray and told me to take out my jacket. I did and everything was fine. She told me to wait downstairs till 8:00 AM and somebody will come and take you to the Floor 19th and there you have to go to window 14. I knew that..Thanks to VJ …

Around 8:00 AM, security came down and took around 13-15 people to the top. One lady with the 3 teenage daughters was in so hurry she took over me and stands ahead me at window 14. I said OK. I was second over there and that lady was so mean to her daughter I can’t even find words to describe that situation. Anyways around 8:25 AM lady open the window 14 and she checked my appointment letter and gave me token # C2 and told me to wait at immigration waiting area. Around 8:45 AM my number show up on the screen and it was blinking like C2 -> Window 9. I went to window 9 it was in large room. I went there and the lady behind the counter asked for the token number and my passport medical document and Xpresspost envelope. She opened the medical document in front of me. I asked her whether they need my X-Ray or not and she said naaah. Over there she checks all the documents and I update my wife’s address and everything. Our attorney made some typo in my DS 230 so I told her and she fixed it without any problem. After that she told me to wait outside. I went out and with in 10-15 mins around 9:05 AM my token number show up again on the screen and this time it was like C2 -> Window 8. I got up and head towards the window 8. I knock the door and the man was behind the glass. Formal greetings and than he started questioning.

First thing Finger print. Than he asked me about my previous two refusal about the B1 and how I got the approval last time for B1 from Ottawa?

Than he asked what am I doing for living?

What is my wife doing? What is he studying? How old is my daughter? I had co-sponser so he asked me who is this guy?

Where will I stay in USA?

Then he told me about my Canadian Residency that I would have to give up and why I wanted to settle in USA?

Than finally he said he doesn’t have any problem to issue visa and he start talking about the sports. That’s it and finally he asked my when am I planning to move? I said end of this month.

I was out of the consulate around 9:15 AM and took 10:00 AM bus for Toronto came back here at 7:30 PM. Here I am writing my experience to share with my VJ members.

Ok after all this I have one question in my mind hopefully you will advise me.

Should I take flight from Toronto and do my immigration at Toronto airport or should I drive to Buffalo and do my immigration at Peace bridge, Fort Erie and take flight from there?

Which one is better?

Your help will be appreciable.

Thanks to all again,

K

ignore some spelling and grammer mistakes...... :yes:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.