John&Juvy

Passport Renewal and Reporting of Marriage..

11 posts in this topic

My passport will expire this September, and there is a posibility of us moving in the other state or worst we may ended up in Puerto Rico this coming months due to my husband work :ranting::crying: I hate it ! But I guess we dont have a choice and we can't afford to be picky about his job. Anyway, to those who already re-new their passport and report their marriage at the same time, what exactly documents did you bring with you and how long did it takes ?

Any information is appriciated... Thanks all..

Edited by John&Juvy
SzIKm4.png
4202e493-922b-4a14-a1b7-438a49a69f71_zps0b740bfd-4829-475c-92b2-ceedfc991843_zps

Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years.

Find your local consulate and download the forms. They have instructions for everything you need. If you're still in New Jersey, you'll be using the New York consulate.

report of marriage - its not listed, but you'll need a copy of the divorce decree if your husband was previously married

http://www.newyorkpcg.org/index.php/our-services/legal-and-notarial/report-of-marriage

Passport information and form

http://www.newyorkpcg.org/index.php/our-services/passport

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

We did our report of marriage by mail before we went to the embassy. I'm not exactly sure how long it took but I'm thinking it was less than 6 weeks.

http://www.philippineembassy-usa.org/philippines-dc/consular-services-dc/faq-dc/#marriage

http://www.philippineembassy-usa.org/uploads/pdfs/Report%20of%20Marriage.pdf

Kev n Jena

thumb_Kyle_John_1_email.jpgthumb_Img_2057_web.jpgthumb_Pictures_429.jpg

hypocrit - a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Pet Peeve for 2011 - supercilious, contemptuous, arrogant, attitudes.

Thanks for the links guys. Does it really necessary to report your marriage at the same time for renewing passport ? Specially if you are going to change your last name to your married name ? Or I can just re-new my passport now and just report our marriage later ? It just so much going on with us right now. If the report of marriage can wait, I just want to re-new my passport first for right now.

Edited by John&Juvy
SzIKm4.png
4202e493-922b-4a14-a1b7-438a49a69f71_zps0b740bfd-4829-475c-92b2-ceedfc991843_zps

Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you are not wanting to change your name on your passport I would think you would be fine to just re-new your passport now, then later when less rushed do the remainder.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

You can renew it, but you can't change your name in it without doing the report of marriage. You have to renew in person and you can do both at the same time, so why not bring the extra documents with to report the marriage?

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Thanks for the links guys. Does it really necessary to report your marriage at the same time for renewing passport ? Specially if you are going to change your last name to your married name ? Or I can just re-new my passport now and just report our marriage later ? It just so much going on with us right now. If the report of marriage can wait, I just want to re-new my passport first for right now.

We reported the marriage because we wanted her passport to match her greencard when we returned to the USA after vacationing in The Philippines.

Kev n Jena

thumb_Kyle_John_1_email.jpgthumb_Img_2057_web.jpgthumb_Pictures_429.jpg

hypocrit - a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Pet Peeve for 2011 - supercilious, contemptuous, arrogant, attitudes.

We reported the marriage because we wanted her passport to match her greencard when we returned to the USA after vacationing in The Philippines.

This is the best reason to do so.

As well as saving the hassle at the airport when getting your tickets.

-Phil

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

I would think it's more convenient to do report the marriage at the same time to save trips to the consulate. I only brought my marriage certificate to report it. And it only took 2 weeks to get my new passport. I guess the turnaround would depend on your consulate's workload.

ROC mailed to USCIS -- June 10, 2011

ROC approved -- November 1, 2011

finally free of USCIS paperwork!

japan, japan! sagot sa kahirapan!

smswp8wx7d.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I may have to do this soon too, I guess. I am procrastinating on reporting my marriage because I am not yet thinking on travelling back to Philippines.

Edited by adiiann

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

Find your local consulate and download the forms. They have instructions for everything you need. If you're still in New Jersey, you'll be using the New York consulate.

^^^ Note: When reporting your marriage, you must report it to the Philippines Consulate which has jurisdiction over the location where you got married.

You can renew it, but you can't change your name in it without doing the report of marriage. You have to renew in person and you can do both at the same time, so why not bring the extra documents with to report the marriage?

^^^ :thumbs: :thumbs:

^^^ :thumbs: :thumbs:

I would think it's more convenient to do report the marriage at the same time to save trips to the consulate. I only brought my marriage certificate to report it. And it only took 2 weeks to get my new passport. I guess the turnaround would depend on your consulate's workload.

^^^ Hi batchmate! :)

:ot2:

Chinook and I are not going to report our marriage, and Chinook is not going to renew her Philippines passport. In about six months, Chinook will become a naturalized U.S. citizen and will then use a U.S. passport.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.