ninamyers

medical results

6 posts in this topic

I'm having a panic... I had my medical on the 29th Sep, plenty of time for the results to be sent to the embassy, but I had to have some immunisations, and a letter had to be sent to Knightsbridge from a surgeon of mine. Soooo there wasn't THAT much time between when they would have got all those extra bits and my interview date...

What happens if they haven't got the medical results at the time of my interview? I'm hoping that they have got them by now, but I can't ring to find out today because it's a sunday... It's so annoying, I told the people at the medical place that it would probably be a while before I had the interview, and then I got the date a few days later!

Worse case scenario would be they don't send my passport back with the visa until they get the medical resutls, right? I wouldn't have to go back there would I??? :crying:

I am stressing loads, I can't believe I'm so worried about this, before when i saw posts about people being worried I honestly thought 'you've pretty much done the hard work already, it's just a formality, stop worrying' , but now I am very sorry that I ever thought that, cos I'm a mess right now!!

Maria

AOS/EAD

11/15/2006 NOA1 for EAD and AOS

12/1/2006 Received RFE Grrrrrrrrr

12/2/2006 Biometrics

12/8/2006 Sent back RFE

1/26/2007 EAD Card Production Ordered

1/31/2007 EAD Card received

3/6/2007 INTERVIEW - FBI namecheck

3/26/2007 NOA1 for AP

4/30/2007 AOS APPROVED

5/7/2007 Green Card Arrived!

-

2/12/09 Mailed Removal of Conditions

3/10/09 Bio Appt

-

I'm having a panic... I had my medical on the 29th Sep, plenty of time for the results to be sent to the embassy, but I had to have some immunisations, and a letter had to be sent to Knightsbridge from a surgeon of mine. Soooo there wasn't THAT much time between when they would have got all those extra bits and my interview date...

What happens if they haven't got the medical results at the time of my interview? I'm hoping that they have got them by now, but I can't ring to find out today because it's a sunday... It's so annoying, I told the people at the medical place that it would probably be a while before I had the interview, and then I got the date a few days later!

Worse case scenario would be they don't send my passport back with the visa until they get the medical resutls, right? I wouldn't have to go back there would I??? :crying:

I am stressing loads, I can't believe I'm so worried about this, before when i saw posts about people being worried I honestly thought 'you've pretty much done the hard work already, it's just a formality, stop worrying' , but now I am very sorry that I ever thought that, cos I'm a mess right now!!

Maria

Hi there,

What immunisations did you need to have???..

From what I have read if they dont have your medical results, you have the interview and if all is okay there then they just have to wait to recieve your medical results before they complete your case..

Good luck and lets us know how it goes.. I have my medical shortly and would love to hear about your experience..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi Maria,

Don´t stress over what you can´t control....that has been my mantra for a few days now. I know it´s hard, but there is nothing you can do about it today!

Call the doctor tomorrow and check if the results are ready. They will probably be! And if not, you´ll probably get an idea of when you´ll have these results. Then you can think about damage control...and only if you won´t be getting your results before the interview.

So until tomorrow, what´s the use of worrying? Enjoy your Sunday!!! :luv:

Alix :star:

N-400 (based on 3-year marriage rule)
06/05/2014 Application Sent
06/06/2014 Application Received in Phoenix

06/09/2014 Priority Date

06/11/2014 Notice Date

06/12//2014 Check Cashed
06/12/2014 Received email/text receipt confirmation from Phoenix Lockbox

06/17/2014 Biometrics Letter mailed
06/20/2014 Biometrics Letter Received

06/24/2014 Biometrics Walk-in

06/26/2014 In line for Interview

07/03/2014 Original Biometrics Appointment

07/29/2014 Yellow Letter Received

09/05/2014 Interview letter Received

10/07/2014 Interview

10/17/2014 Received email/text that oath has been scheduled

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hi Maria

From what i've heard and all the research i've done about visas etc...if your medical results havent reached the embassy when u have your interview, they will still approve the visa pending the arrival of your medical results from the Doctor. I dont think you will have to return to the embassy when the medical results get there, the embassy will complete your case and issue your visa once they have received them.

So dont worry and good luck tomorrow :thumbs::thumbs:

Maria :D

Separated!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Maria

Hi Maria

I too needed immunizations, but, i contacted my own GP even before i went for my medical. My own doctor did my MMR and TD for free because i had been contacting the local health board for a vaccination record and was shocked to learn that after reaching the age of 25 all childhood immunization records were destroyed, i got my TD end of august and my MMR at the beginning of september, was a tip i was given from a friend that had his medical last year!! He advised me to contact my own GP to find out if i could just have a booster but seems because of when i was born the MMR hadnt been introduced then and i only had been given the single Measles Mumps and Rubella :(

Maybe i just have a nice GP :thumbs: Not many will re-do your immunizations for FREE!! :dance:

Separated!!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Don't panic. They will simply just hold onto your passport pending the medical results once you're interview is approved. When they get the medical results through they will send out your visa. You won't have to go back.

Edited by mags

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.