6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

We just submitted the email yesterday about choice of agent to NVC, so we want all our paperwork prepared. I stupidly thought since my mother who is a USC living/working in the US was the joint sponsor, her tax info was the only one that mattered since I work/live abroad. I have everything needed from her but now it's just down to me. I also made a big mistake by filing Single as advised by an IRS agent 2 years back since my husband has never lived/worked in the US and does not have a SSN. Now I have to do the 1040x on all 3 years just to change the status ahhh! :crying: The worse thing about this is, the IRS agent gave me no advise on what to do from here, I only found out about the 1040x only by my investigation on VJ (thank God for VJ!) I'm having trouble getting any help when I call the IRS about my tax returns. I've ordered 2009, 2010 transcripts online but 2011 is not available yet. I would hate to call back again for anymore advice as it took 3 phone calls and a total of 2 hours ONLY to confirm the mailing address they had for my transcripts to be sent to which is here in Ireland.

I also asked if she could fax me my transcripts to save time and she said I needed a US fax number and I HAD to be present at the fax machine when she sent it! So I'm thinking this is going to add a good amount of time to our case... :(

My question is, will the NVC accept just 2009 and 2010 from me and 2011, 2010, 2009 from my mom or do they NEED 2011 from me as well? If it's not ready by the time I've sent all of the 1040x forms into the IRS, what do we do then? I can't believe I filed single, will they accept it without me having to amend my returns with just a letter explaining why I filed 'Single'?

Thanks in advance for any advice, it's greatly needed at this point! :D

They NEED the most recent one, which is that of 2011. 2010 and 2009 are optional.

Many petitioners actually file single, and just amend their tax returns once their spouse arrives in the US and gets his/her SSN.

USCIS

10/01/11 - Filed (2) I-130's

10/04/11 - NOA-1

04/05/12 - NOA-2

Your I-130 was approved in 184 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC

04/23/12 - NVC received both cases (18 days/12 business days from NOA-2)

05/07/12 - Case numbers and IIN's (14 days/10 business days since NVC received)

05/07/12 - Sent out DS-3032 by email; auto-response received

05/08/12 - AOS fee invoiced, paid - "IN PROCESS"

05/09/12 - AOS fee shows as "PAID"

05/10/12 - Spouse's DS-3032 accepted; minor child's rejected = had petitioner call NVC = received verbal acceptance from operator

05/11/12 - Spouse's IV fee invoiced

05/14/12 - Daughter's IV fee invoiced, paid both IV fees - "IN PROCESS"

05/15/12 - Both IV fees show as "PAID"

05/16/12 - Sent both AOS and both IV packages to NVC via USPS (expected delivery: 05/19/12)

05/21/12 - All 4 packages delivered

05/30/12 - Received checklist for daughter's AOS

05/31/12 - Sent response to checklist via USPS (expected delivery: 06/01/12); Spouse's case completed

06/07/12 - Daughter's case completed; waiting for interview date

06/14/12 - P4 received: interview date 07/11/12

Embassy

07/04-05/12 - Medical at SLEC

07/11/12 - Interview: APPROVED!

07/14/12 - Visas on hand

POE: 10/17/12

GC's on hand: 10/31/12

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

They NEED the most recent one, which is that of 2011. 2010 and 2009 are optional.

Many petitioners actually file single, and just amend their tax returns once their spouse arrives in the US and gets his/her SSN.

Thank you for that. I'm not worried about the Single status anymore, just that I get the 2011 finished asap! Wish this was over and done with at this point! :wacko:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Thank you for that. I'm not worried about the Single status anymore, just that I get the 2011 finished asap! Wish this was over and done with at this point! :wacko:

remember you can always submit the taxes themselves, although NVC prefers the tax return transcripts they DO accept the returns. You could always submit that and in the meantime let the IRS process the return and get your transcript. Maybe you won't get an RFE and can just bring the transcripts to teh interview...

Timeline

Yeah, you can submit a copy of your tax returns, especially for 2011 since it's not out yet!

I'm sure people in your situation file single all the time, I wouldn't worry about it.

Take a deep breath! :) i know the feeling!!!!!

Me and My Mexican Hubby...

2009 Met in Mexico and got engaged

2010 I moved to Mexico and got married

2012 I moved back to U.S. by myself to work and send i-130 petition for him.

June 25th, 2012 - our 2-year wedding anniversary!

USCIS - I-130

24 FEB 2012 - NOA1

11 JUN 2012 - NOA2

NVC - MEP

2 JUL 2012 - Case Received at NVC

19 JUL 2012 - Case number, IIN and Beneficiary ID received, gave e-mail addresses!

23 JUL 2012 - Was able to log in and fill out the DS-261 and I made myself the agent! I also stated that I was assisting the beneficiary ( since I signed in as him )

24 JUL 2012 AOS fee available and paid through the payment portal - direct deposit

25 JUL 2012 AOS fee shown as paid!! I-864 package e-mailed to NVCelectronic@state.gov

01 AUG 2012 IV Bill Invoiced and paid

02 AUG 2012 IV Bill shown as paid and DS-260 completed and documents sent!

08 AUG 2012 RFE! :crying: sent passport photos wrong, so re-sent!

15 AUG 2012 case COMPLETE!!! Yay!!

13 SEP 2012 Received Interview Date! OCT. 5th!

20 SEP 2012 Scheduled ASC appointment by calling 7034392313. Two days earlier I logged into the website but it said there were no appointments available. But when I called, they scheduled an appointment for me. :)

Thanks for all of your help! You are wonderful!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.