Shawen

How Long are you Visiting Earth ?

71 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

North is anything north of I-285 in Atlanta and anything South of a line from Jacksonville-Gainesville-Talhalasse Fla. Also anything west of Louisiana with the exception of parts of Texas.

Y'all be sissies on the east side of the Rockies.

Edited by ☼

My point being that ain't no true sutherner I ever met refereed to anything close to grits or anything we eat as Hominy. I ain't never seen Hominy on the Menu at the Waffle House, we ain't never had a dove and hominy supper, and Grandma did not cook Cheese Hominy for Breakfast. I have lived in Middle GA all my life and travled all over the south and have never been served Hominy.

I was shocked one night, when I stopped at an all night diner somewhere south of the Virginia Beach/Norfolk area and they did not serve grits. When my wife got here I talked about grits and finally introduced them to her. Her first comment was " This is what people who can not afford rice in the Pi eat>"

Y'all be sissies on the east side of the Rockies.

Bawaa ha ha yall got California. and Seattle. It cancels out all the Manliness of Arizona, Nevada, and Wyoming.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Breakfast for Americans depends on Location.

Mostly common is eggs, bacon, toast, pancake, waffle, hashbrowns

In the South of the USA, its also Grits , Biscuits , or biscuits and gravy

Yes, and it behooves us to remember that the North won the Civil War. Some do cling to archaic losing breakfasts but history is on the side of eggs, bacon, and hash browns.

Yes, and it behooves us to remember that the North won the Civil War. Some do cling to archaic losing breakfasts but history is on the side of eggs, bacon, and hash browns.

The north won what.. You forgot some of us ain't surrendered yet. :)

Huevos Rancheros con Chorizo.

Now that my man is some good eating. Funny how much Spanish is in Cebuano. I was sitting in a restaurant in Cebu and two genderly challgned gents walked by and I made a comment. My wife called me chismoso and was shocked I knew what it meant.

There is a little dive of a BBQ joint in Cebu called Larsian. It would get health score of negative 50 here. Best Chorizo and wings I have ever eaten. I must say the chicken skin on a stick was not bad either.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I had never heard of grits until i went to Recruit Training. I got blased by the Drill Instructor for asking what it was. I tried it, then spit it out. Gross.

Its just ground corn... cattle and pig food. :whistle:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Huevos Rancheros con Chorizo.

Hmmm... I'll pass. I can almost spit at the Mexican border from here, Mexican joints on every corner it seems and I don't care much for Mexican food. Rice, refried beans and you know its breakfast and not lunch if they toss an egg in there.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

I've learned to like fish for breakfast and wish my wife would make it more often. Over the years I have come to prefer most of the Filipino foods my wife cooks over the more western foods.

ANDY & MARICAR

N-400 Timeline

05/14/2012 - Mailed N-400 packet to Dallas/Lewisville Lockbox via Priority Mail.

05/21/2012 - NOA1

06/12/2012 - Biometrics

06/29/2012 - Interview Notice

08/06/2012 - Naturalization Interview in OKC PASSED!!!!!!!

09/28/2012 - OATH CEREMONY!!!!!!!

U.S. CITIZEN!!!!!

Hmmm... I'll pass. I can almost spit at the Mexican border from here, Mexican joints on every corner it seems and I don't care much for Mexican food. Rice, refried beans and you know its breakfast and not lunch if they toss an egg in there.

And that diet tends to lead to a lot of overweight Hispanic people. This is a huge stereotype two fold, and I am going to go ahead and :bonk: pound myself but.....It seems like with my Hispanic friends the women get to be about 30 and explode and age.

Pinay Women sem to never age. At least they seem to look younger longer than a lot of other races. May be the diet.

Timeline

I tend to agree with the "exploding weight" as certain ages approach, and for a big part it is diet, the other is as we as our metabolism slows down... and does that suck! So ya 30 is sort of like one of those magic numbers.

Refried beans, tamales, tortillas and such all are made with lard if its "home cooking"

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

The north won what.. You forgot some of us ain't surrendered yet. :)

Just try spending those Confederate dollars and you'll figure out which side won. :lol:

Although we may have been a bit better off today had States Rights been kept a bit stronger.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.