6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I just read back on the boards and it seems very common that when you call the information line and wait for hours, only to be transferred for another hour to talk to a total pillock who then claims they cannot hear you.

Well, that happened to me on friday.... twice. Being sceptical and frustrated and angry as hell, I replied the second time "well isn't that convenient? You know, I could do your job standing on my head ... (under my breath) you idiot"

Only to get yelled back in my ear... "Don't call me an idiot"

It seems he could hear me afterall.... :P

(I can laugh now, The reason I was calling was because I was worried my biometrics had gone awol. They arrived yesterday.) :dance:

Jen & David

05/13/04 . . . . Met In London whilst David was stationed in Italy through the US military

05/16/04 - 06/27/04 David Yo-yo's between Italy and the UK and we rack up over $200 in phone calls!

06/28/04 . . . Jen flies to the USA for the first time - Alone!

06/30/04 . . . Jen meets Davids folks for the first time - without David!

07/02/04 . . . David moves back to the Dallas after 6 years of Military Service all over the world

09/28/04 . . . Tearful goodbyes at DFW as Jen flies back to the UK

06/28/05 . . . Jen flies out to DFW to spend her 23rd Birthday with David

08/25/05 . . . David proposes out of the blue with a Gorgeous Zales ring!

10/31/05 . . . Davids divorce is finalized (after over a year of waiting!)

11/08/05 . . . . GORGEOUS WEDDING IN VEGAS!

AOS

01/05/06 . . . AOS Interview - Accepted onto the DORA Program

01/14/06 . . . NOA's received for I-485 and I-130. Not working on the case status system yet though :(

02/23/06 . . . Biometrics Interview letter received

03/15/06 . . . Biometrics Appointment - Completed in Fort Worth

03/17/06 . . . 70 Day Letter

04/06/06 . . . Appointment for EAD - Not allowed because we're approved!

04/16/06. . . .ALL APPROVED!!! WELCOME TO USA LETTER RECEIVED!

04/19/06 . . . GREEN CARD IN HAND! NO MORE USCIS UNTIL 2008!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

LOL its really frustrating to get biometrics late isn't it? There should be some sort of standard you'd think, but of course this is USCIS, and nothing ever makes any sense... Congrats on your bio letter though!

Only to get yelled back in my ear... "Don't call me an idiot"

(I can laugh now, The reason I was calling was because I was worried my biometrics had gone awol. They arrived yesterday.) :dance:

Hey i like that they can hear only when you abuse :lol::lol:

PARENTS JOURNEY

Dec 10 - sent I130 for Mom & Dad

Jan- Recd NOA1

Feb- Recd RFE for missing BC

Mar- Recd RFE for missing BC

Apr- NOA2 Case approved

May- NVC case #

May- paid $88 AOS FEE

Same thing happened to me... after my smart-a$$ed comment and their response.. "oh, you heard that"

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Don't let that person fool you. THEY REALLY ARE IDIOTS!

Timeline

01-30-06 2-Year Green Card Approved

02-11-06 2-Year Green Card Arrival

11-05-07 I-751 Petition MAILED To TSC

11-08-07 I-751 Petition RECEIVED At TSC

11-26-07 I-751 Petition Transferred to CSC and Check Cashed

12-01-07 NOA For 1-Year Extention RECEIVED from CSC

12-17-07 Biometrics Letter Received / Scheduled for 1/8/08

01-08-08 Biometrics Completed At ASC

01-08-08 Touched

01-09-08 Touched

03-26-08 10-Year GC APPROVED!!!! HOORAY!!!

04-03-08 10-Year GC ARRIVES! GC Journey Over For Another 10-Years~On To Citizenship

N-400 Application

10-15-2009 Application Filed

10-16-2009 Application Received / Lewisville, TX

10-21-2009 NOA I-797 Receipt for Application

11-10-2009 Electronic Notice of RFE For Biometrics

11-12-2009 Biometrics Letter Received

12-04-2009 Biometrics

12-17-2009 Notice That File Has Been Transferred To Local Office For Standard Interview

01-19-2010 Interview - PASSED! HOORAY!

01-20-2010 Oath for NEW U.S. Citizen! FINISHED AND DONE!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I wonder why they would do that? And I wonder if all the people that get that "I don't hear you" are talking to the same person? Or if it's become a trend, so to speak, for the people answering the phones. One person started it and now everyone's doing it. I mean, honestly, what good does it do? They'll just get the next call transfered within a few seconds (I would imagine?). Are they just so damn lazy that they can't be bothered to look up the info, so they just pretent they can't hear so that they don't have to work? What #######. I wonder if there's any way for you guys to complain since this obviously a pattern that several people have experienced. Unbelievable!

January 10, 2003: K1 NOA

October 23, 2003: AOS NOA

November 10, 2005: AOS approved w/o interview (749 days!!)

September 30, 2009: German Beibehaltungsgenehmigung

February 9, 2010: Naturalization interview and Oath Ceremony!

View profile for detailed timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.