bekam

Adjustment of status-

3 posts in this topic

Hi, and it's been a long time since I have begged for help from all yall!! :)

My fiance came from Mexico, we got married, and just now have all the final papers and things signed to send off the packet to get the green card-

I have searched and searched, and as some can sympathize,- the uscis website is so confusing!

we are filing the I-485 (adjustment of status) and the I-765 (employment authorization) together- and are NOT filing the permission to travel document.

My questions- for those of yall who know exactly what I'm talking about

--On the i-485 and all other papers-- what is the A# and what is the i-94# ?? yes, on the I-94 there are some numbers, -looks like this- 12345678 12

those are under something that says "numero de admision"- (admission number)

I see on the k 1 visa in his passport that he has a CONRTOL NUMBER ( a 14 digit number) and then he has a red number that starts with "C" and then 7 digits? then later on down the I-485 there is a question for his "nonimmigrant visa number" ?????

I also have a question about filing fee-

We are not submitting the approval for travel document.

so all we have is the I-485(application to adjust status)

and I-765(Employment authorization)

I can send them both together, right, in the same big envelope to the same place???_ the USCIS Chicago,Il....

The I-485 costs $985

the I-765 costs $380

but if I file together does it still cost both separately??

- I kept reading about a biometrics $85 fee- but then it said that fingerprints and such would be done AFTER approval.

SOOO I guess my question is will my check be a total of $985 for everything together

or $1365 ( for both forms)

or $1450 (for both plus the biometrics)

A# can be found on the NOA2 (The approval from the I-129F petition).

I am going to save you $380. EAD is free when filed with I-485. Biometrics happens before approval; you must pay. The fee for the whole thing is $1070.

Also, the instructions you need are on the forms themselves. They are available through the USCIS website, but not on the website.

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

A#(alien number) is found on top of your fiance's name thru your I-797 NOA hard copy...filing fee for everything is $1,070(both I-485 and I-765)...the I-94# is the admission number found on the card that the immigration officer gave her upon her entry here in the US and the k1 visa number are the red numbers on her visa and not the control number..i hope i this info helps you :) good luck on your next journey!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.