july+marydeht

CR-1 and CR-2 Medical EXAM @ SLEC Manila

12 posts in this topic

:blush: I would like to share our experience with SLEC in a narrative way, I just wish I could help to those applicants who undergone the same dilemma with us...JUST RELAX and OFFER EVERYTHING to HIM...I assure things will run smoothly.."ALL IS WELL!.Anyways, here it is...

Medical Exam Date: May 22,2012 to May 24,2012

DAY No. 1 Start of MEDICAL EXAMINATION

(May 22,2012) Tuesday

ENTRANCE GUARD STATION

I and my daughter arrived @ SLEC by 1P.M. I don't have the feeling to be in hurry but really wanted to be done immediately.

The Entrance Guard check our document/s, he got the following docs:

1. Appointment Letter with the Interview date indicated and Case Number starting MNL####( printed via e-mail) then 2 sets of photocopy collected.

If you happen to have original copy sent by NVC it is really better but if via e-mail, it's alright as well. It's not an issue either you have the original or via e-mail.

2. PHOTOCOPY OF Passport, first 2 pages in which your information is written,with the picture on it..YOU MUST PRESENT THE ORIGINAL PASSPORT OF COURSE.

Note: You must bring BLACK BALLPEN all the time.Jacket is also recommended since the facility is cold.

After the docs presented, the guard will indicate SLEC PDS # and date .The guard did return One Appointment Letter with SLEC No. and told me,'Keep it and show it to U.S. Embassy during interview date."

He handed us the Patient Data Sheet(PDS).

The other guard inspected my bag and put a stamp on our right posterior arm.

Water and Biscuits are allowed inside SLEC as well.

REGISTRATION

Presented the completely signed and filled up Patient Date Sheet to the staff...

Here are some of PDS questions:

*Name (Last, First, Middle)

*Civil Status

*Case Number: MNL******

*Classification: CR1

*Consul: Manila, Philippines

*Present country of Residence: Philippines

*Previous country of Residence: N/A

*Passport Number:

*Place where passport was issued: Davao City, Philippines

*Date when passport was released: Oct **, 200*

*Birthdate: mm/dd/yyyy

*Birthplace: City, Philippines

*Date of previous Chest X-Ray

*Is this your first time for a medical here at SLEC?

*Intended date of departure for the USA : mm/dd/yyyy

*Port of Entry:

*Complete address in the USA :

*Tel. No. in the USA :

*Is your petitioner still alive? Yes

*Contact person at the above USA address:

*Name of your nearest relative in USA : (Last, First, Middle)

*Relationship:

*Complete Address of your nearest relative in the US:

*Telephone number of your nearest relative in the US:

Note: You must not leave blank on question/s. If not applicable to you,just indicate N/A or NONE.

If you happen to be with CR2 applicant(6 years old) just like me.

There is unending need of your signature.

For: Name of your child FULL and Complete

By: Your Signature then put Mother on the side of the signature.

YOU WILL ALWAYS BE ASKED ABOUT YOUR FIRST DAY OF YOUR LAST MENSTRUATION...

At this time also, you will be asked to submit One(1) pc. 2x2 pic,with white background,no headband,ears are not covered by hair, no earrings, no eyeglasses or else you will get another set of picture outside SLEC...

After the staff encoded our PDS, she asked as to do Biometrics(4x press of Index Finger)...Then picture taking...again she checked our passport...

Afterwards,she instructed us to proceed to 5th floor where Cashier is located...

CASHIER(5th FLOOR)

Fee:

New Medical Examination Fee for Adult U.S. Immigrant Visa Applicants

Posted Friday, 11 May 2012

Starting May 14, 2012, the medical examination fee for Adult U.S. Immigrant Visa Applicants (15 years and older) will increase from US$213.35 to US$223.00.

The fee for children (below 15 years of age) is still US$185.00.

For inquiries regarding the new medical examination fee, please contact the Immigrant Visa Unit of the Embassy of the United States - Manila at (632) 301-2000, extension 5184 or 5185. Written inquiries may be sent to IVManilaReplies@state.gov.

IN HERE, You will pay in PESO.They will NOT Accept in DOLLARS or CREDIT CARD..ONLY CASH

After, we pay the said fee...We automatically proceeded to Vital Signs area where it is also located @ 5th floor.

VITAL SIGNS(5th floor)

The nurse took BP(CR1), CR2 Not applicable...She asked the Menstruation again.

The nurse instructed us to proceed to the room where SNELEN Chart(Eye Checked) is located..I was tested first,then my daughter. Height and Weight were also taken.My daughter is so hyper-active she always wanted to go first on the test.The nurse here is not friendly..

Then, she said..OK and told us to proceed to Immunization Area(2nd floor).

IMMUNIZATION AREA(Interview Time)2nd floor

Immunization Screen Room A

The physician told me to tell my daughter to be brave..My daughter had witness one of the patient shouting about the pain for the Tuberculin Skin Test(TST)/Mantoux Test,it is actually required to applicant ages 2-14.Above to that age bracket must have Chest x-Ray...

When we entered the room, the lady physician appreciated my little girl and told her "You look so pretty and i like your dress.."

My daughter confidently presented herself and told the lady physician "I AM BRAVE and SO READY!" with A BIG SMILE on her face.. Lucky I am...No pushing and Bribing required. hehehe... :bonk:

Then she got it...with a lil frown on her face...and told me.."Aw, it's nothing Mama, It's like an ant bite." :wow: lolz

Then the doctor told us to be back on Thursday @ exactly 2P.M. for the reading..See to it to be back on the stipulated date...because if not they will gonna repeat the test.

Note about TST:You should not go for TST on Thursday since SLEC they are close on weekends.TST will be read within 48-72 hours and should be interpreted before it expires and applicants are advised to return at least an hour before the time indicated on the return slip.

If the result is positive, the applicant must undergo with chest x-ray after reading it.

Classifying the Reaction

Whether a reaction to the Mantoux tuberculin skin test is classified as positive depends on the size of the induration and the person's risk factors for TB (see Table 1).

An induration of 5 or more millimeters is considered a positive reaction for the following people:

• People with HIV infection

• Close contacts of people with infectious TB

• People with chest x-ray findings suggestive of previous TB disease

• People who inject illicit drugs and whose HIV status is unknown

An induration of 10 or more millimeters is considered a positive reaction for the following people:

• People born in areas of the world where T[/font]B is common (foreign-born persons)

• People who inject illicit drugs but who are known to be HIV negative

• Low-income groups with poor access to health care

• People who live in residential facilities (for example, nursing homes or correctional facilities)

• People with medical conditions that appear to increase the risk for TB (not including HIV infection), such as diabetes

• Children younger than 4 years old

• People in other groups likely to be exposed to TB, as identified by local public health officials

An induration of 15 or more millimeters is considered a positive reaction for people with no risk factors for TB. In most cases, people who have a very small reaction or no reaction probably do not have TB infection.

For people who may be exposed to TB on the job (such as health care workers and staff of nursing homes or correctional facilities), the classification of the skin test reaction as positive or negative depends on

• The size of the induration

• The employee's individual risk factors for TB

• The risk of exposure to TB in the person's job

Let's go back to my story... :ot2:

DONE with TST, the nurse told us to proceed to 3rd floor where x-ray is located...that's for CR-1.

Note about IMMUNIZATION RECORD: DO NOT BE WORRIED if you don't have the Baby Book or Immunization Certificate.They will gonna ask CR-1 like me an adult if I had a BCG vaccine and has to show the scar. Show them the scar as well for the chicken pox if your done with it.. CR-2-the same she scar for BCG then if Chicken Pox is not experience then you have to tell the physician...You could actually bring your record provided you must observe the following:

*Self-supported vaccines will not be honored

*Baby book or Immunization Certificate is accepted if there is a complete date of receipt of vaccination, must include signature,license number of the physician,doctor or he alt workers who administered vaccine.

The purpose of the interview is to know what are the vaccines that are still needed/required for you to meet the U.S. requirement for Vaccination.

CHEST X-ray(3rd floor)

This is the Scariest moment of my entire medical experience... :o :o :o SInce, I have heard a lot about TB positive applicants VJers..

To continue, the nurse again asked my menstruation...AGAIN! Then she instructed me to go to the dressing room,remove my bra and tops...then replaces it with Laboratory Gown...

We waited for 10mins for them to take the x-ray.The RAD Tech told me I'm done.I could actually see the monitor and saw my lungs...As a nurse I have a slight idea of interpreting the result...but not 100% sure if i got it right.Now, I saw it with no cloudy or spots mark...Just a glance. At the back of my head, in case problems arise i will really check the film or result if it is really the same thing which I saw during the exam.Anyway, I just got paranoid..lolz. And I guess it is indeed a normal reaction..Honestly,too much of paranoia,we had our Chest exam 3 days prior to our SLEC sched in one of the prestigious hospital in our locality and has the same machine used in SLEC.and it went clear,same as my daughter.Fortunately...

TO end the super anxious experience...I got dressed and rush to UA and Blood Test @ Fourth Floor

Note:You can bring your OLD CHEST X-ray result not less than 3 months prior to Medical Exam.But SLEC result is SLEC result, they will not honor other result.

LABORATORY(Urinalysis and Blood Test) 4th Floor

In here , I handed my receipt to the staff,while waiting I noticed some of the applicants were instructed to be back for sputum exam and must move their interview sched after 2 month- culture test since I heard them nearby where SPUTUM COLLECTION LABORATORY is also located...VERY SCARY...Anxiety again arises...duh!

Then my name was called after 5 minutes...CR-1 had blood extraction for HIV test,Syphilis Test and drugs then urinalysis(pregnancy test) afterwards.The medtech assisted us to the Comfort Room and guarded me eventually. I told her if i can bring with me my wipes and she barely told me only one piece...VEry strict watcher by this time.My daughter was just standing beside her.CR2 applicants are not required to have Urinalysis and Blood Test.

DOne Lab Test...and the final verdict and last stage the PHYSICAL EXAM..(Fifth Floor)

PHYSICAL EXAMINATION(5th floor)

Waiting outside the cubicle.WE felt the cold here,by this time our jackets are at need..Names will not be called but you will just wait for your turn...In here,you will be so naked, even my CR-2 daughter..No exemptions...But nothing to be worried you will have a Female Physician if you're a FEMALE.lot's of medical conditions were asked too..and I just answered NONE or NO.As long as you don't have serious conditions/medical history to be hide..you will be so ok..Just be truthful in this stage..Tell them the truth and answer them firmly, honestly and with an eye-to-eye contact.Do not make a joke...Be serious by this time.

Since, I was annulled I thought I will be asked to do Psychological test... It was never mentioned during the course of my medical exam...even during releasing time...But just to be sure I suggest you bring the finality(NSO authenticated and court order of your annulment. most of the VJ cases here were asked to do Psychological test in case they found that the applicant is the one who is Psychological Incapacitated.Just be ready in case..It will really cause delay on your time which I honestly hate too.

The physician told me you are a nurse...and she nodded and told me you are brilliant...you got 2 courses...I just smiled and said "Thank you."

Anyway, the test just took 8 minutes...

Done....Then went to the USA counter and told me to be back on the date indicated on the RETURN SLIP...The result will be released together.

Note:

During the whole course of examination, DO NOT FORGET TO WEAR A SMILE :D and always greet the medical staff especially the doctors...Try to be nice to them at all times... :) Somehow, it really helps.

Total hour of First day medical exam....3 hours only..We were so amazed!

DAY 2: HOME

May 23,2012(Wednesday)

HOMe...Always check the TST site if there is a progress..Might as well, reaction of the test will occur..such as skin rashes or severe inflammation.. DO NOT MEDICATE! Just a piece of advice.From time to time, I measured the induration of my daughter's arms until the last minute and it has 5mm only...I am just afraid if it will go beyond 15mm or even 10mm because they will consider it as POSITIVE...So, chest x-ray will be done if that would be the case.

DAY 3:RELEASING TIME-THE MOMENT OF TRUTH

May 24,2012(Thursday)

Still inside the taxi but almost nearby SLEC, traffic occurred..I want to jump off and wants to conquer this HIGHLY ANXIOUS feeling :o just to know the result. :lol: I decided that we will just take a walk since were trap on the traffic.. We arrived at SLEC around 12:58p.m. since the Return Slip sched is 2:08 P.M. We're just an hour advance to the sched...Now, I rushed to the entrance and handed our receipts to the guard...and he checked the PDS #:I went first CR-1. I just saw from the screen...IMMUNIZATION....So HAPPY! It's IMMUNIZATION!!! YES!!! He stamped it For Immunization..Yahoo! After , he checked my CR-2 daughter..he said for TST reading... We automatically, went to 2nd floor..I handed the receipts and told me to wait for our names to be called....It took 30 minutes for us to be called..I decided to have the reading first then immunization in case it is NEGATIVE TST/Mantoux Test. My daughters name was called the voice is actually inaudible and very soft..I suggest you must pay attention and ACtive Listening is highly required by this time... Furthermore, we went to the Immunization Screen Room B where in TST will be measured.. The doctor asked my daughter if she's ok...Again, confidently answered "YES, I AM DOCTOR!" Duh!

The physician measured and she told me "it's NEGATIVE Ma'am.." She did not mentioned the induration.. What I just want to hear is the pronunciation of "NEGATIVE".. I felt so good about it...YES again!

From there, the physician told us to wait for our names to be called...

ALmost an hour waiting, my name was called and I had my vaccination and an hour after my daughter got it as well..We have 3 vaccines each.. Immunization is painful esp. for TDAP just be ready for the reaction..Actually my daughter had a fever and an inflamed arm until now...Just be ready with Paracetamol(Anti-Pyretic) and Ibuprofen(Dolan) for Anti-Inflammatory...

After the vaccination, about 25 minutes...our names were called at the ground floor..It's RELEASING TIME...

They asked me to sign on the docs and handed me the result..I gave them 2 pcs. (2x2) picture..the staff who handled me was a little stricter.She asked me picture without headband and no earrings..I told her I got another set and she accepted it though I wear sleeveless on that picture..She had lots of questions and verification, eventually an interview referring to the our results. The same attitude on our first day, I prefer to be brave and answered their question firmly and honestly.My daughter was also asked to write her name on the docs..and handed him 2pcs. 2x2 pictures..The staff was nice to us... PASSPORT were returned(SLEC will forward the result to U.S. Embassy by this time without PASSPORT), CD for CHEST X-ray were given to us as well as the Immunization Record.. @Exactly 5p.m. were completely done.

We went to Glorietta and had an early blow out @ Banana Leaf...WE PASSED! We're so HAPPY and lucky indeed....

Without you we are so nothing Lord!

MY husband was so happy too... very happy...(*.^)

NEXT DILEMMA is our INTERVIEW...aws :help:

Some of preparation we have:(1 month prior to Medical Exam)

*Drink water more than 8-16 glasses of water, we are not water drinker.What I did, I bought Gatorade and Mogu-Mogu juice for us to rehydrate...

*Drink MILK in the morning and before sleeping, my daughter got Chuckie Milk Choco drink..She cannot tolerate Fresh Milk.

*Exercise if not restricted.

*Eat properly and must eat greeny leafy vegetables..Less meat increase Fish intake.

*Drink vitamin C double the dose as much as possible, Iron Supplement will do(Adult Woman who underwent delivery, try HEMOBION 1x day-HEMOBION is good for the prevention & treatment of Fe(Iron)-deficiency anemia, folate, vit D & Ca deficiencies in pregnant, lactating, postpartum & menstruating women; for the prevention of spina bifida in pregnancy; anemia due to blood loss from any cause.

*I also drink CALTRATE for bones...Milk is not enough fellas...1 x a day will do..

For my CR-2 DAughter: I gave her Vitamins C- Ceelin Chewable Tables..she took 2 tabs a day. Then, she have Cherifer Immunomax Syrup with Appetite..that's for her multivitamins...Monitor her food intake..Strictly No Junk Food...

*In case, you feel flu like symptoms, try to drink chicken broth and medicate right way.

*For those woman applicants who are so worried with their menstruation, if you think you have your due during the time of examination just like what I have.. I went to my O.B. and she recommended me Norethisterone just to delay my period. I took it before my period and stop after I had my Medical Exam..the reason of doing this is clearly to postpone your period..Having period during Medical Exam is a BIG NO, NO! You have to go back after a week of your last day of menstruation.In which I cannot afford since I came from province, so I took an initiative because I don't want to delay things..And luckily, my period came after a day I stopped taking it...and of course after my MEDICAL EXAM was done.

*SLEEP a lot...SLEEP on time. Do not be stressed with little things...If problem arises, just take it easy...Stay with happy people.

*AVOID SMOKING and ALCOHOL...

*AVOID Using Prohibited DRUGS

My daughter and I had a very strict diet...I implemented and applied everything for us to be fit before the Medical Examination... For me, to make this Medical Exam a successful one..A big factor is applying DISCIPLINE to whatever action/s you make or do.SELF DISCIPLINE is a must in all ways and a proper guidance for minors.

And do not forget to PRAY to our ALMIGHTY GOD!!! Nothing is impossible to him...(*.^)

As the 3 Idiots film goes.."ALL IS WELL!"

Wish us luck for our interview....bye for now....(*.^) :D:star:

(L) (L) (L)

2.23.10=== Met for the first time via online(Facebook) after 14 years of not seeing each other,my childhood neighbor.

4.18.10=== We became a couple.

12.22.10== July arrived in the Philippines after 14 years of staying in U.S. First meeting in-person.

12.28.10 == We got engaged!

6.4.11=== Arrived in the Philippines for 2nd meeting.

6.21.11=== I GOT MARRIED to my SOULMATE!!! Happiest day in my entire life!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

USCIS

I-130

7.30.11=== Mailed I-130 to California Service Center

8.2.11==== Received NOA1 (Receipt Notice)

2.26.12=== Received NOA2(Approval Notice) Almost 7 months of waiting

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NVC

CR-1 and CR-2

3.28.12=== Bill for I-864 Fee Received and Sent

4.2.12==== Packet Received

4.6.12==== I-864 Mailed to NVC

4.12.12=== DS-230 Packet Received

4.16.12=== Paid Bill and DS-230 Sent to NVC

5.3.12=== Case Completed

MEDICAL & CONSULATE

Manila, Philippines

5.22-24.12==Medical @ St. Lukes

6.5.12 === Interview @ US Embassy

#.##.##=== Visa in hand

HOME SWEET HOME

At long last...I will gonna see my babe...So excited!

#.##.##=== POE;LAX

#.##.##=== Applied for SNN at local office

#.##.##=== Welcome to the United States letter received

#.##.##=== SSN RECEIVED

#.##.##=== Greencard Received

NATURALIZATION

N-400

(L)

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wow! Congratulations on passing the Medical exams! :star:

I'm marrying my soulmate this November and will also be going through the same process as you by this time next year..

I'm excited and scared at the same time! :luv:

I pray all goes smoothly for you and your daughter! Goodluck and God Bless! :dance:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from IR-1/CR-1 Process & Procedures to Philippines regional forum; topic is country specific.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Thank you for sharing your experience. This will really help us a lot. May I know what you could recommend a good vitamin C? Does drinking milk before having x-ray will help too? Thanks.

Rogelyn

Just love the taste of Vitamins C by Kirkland..It's a chewable type and you can by it @ P2.45 per pc..

Good luck to you too...Thank u so much for reading...(*.^)

Wow! Congratulations on passing the Medical exams! :star:

I'm marrying my soulmate this November and will also be going through the same process as you by this time next year..

I'm excited and scared at the same time! :luv:

I pray all goes smoothly for you and your daughter! Goodluck and God Bless! :dance:

Thank you and Goodluck to u also..God Bless...(*.^)

Thank you for sharing your experience. This will really help us a lot. May I know what you could recommend a good vitamin C? Does drinking milk before having x-ray will help too? Thanks.

Rogelyn

About drinking milk prior to chest x-ray, the answer is NO..it doesn't help at all...Medically speaking, bacteria cause by TB cannot be altered via the presence of Milk..Spots or scar will be very visible if you really are Positive with this type of infectious disease...

I suggest have your chest x-ray as early as now for you to clarify and verify things...It's a stress free procedure and not expensive one...(*.^)

About drinking milk prior to chest x-ray, the answer is NO..it doesn't help at all...Medically speaking, bacteria cause by TB cannot be altered via the presence of Milk..Spots or scar will be very visible if you really are Positive with this type of infectious disease...

I suggest have your chest x-ray as early as now for you to clarify and verify things...It's a stress free procedure and not expensive one...(*.^)

Thanks again for your helpful info. By the way, does chest x-ray radiation is not harmful to our health if I will have it now? :)

Thanks again for your helpful info. By the way, does chest x-ray radiation is not harmful to our health if I will have it now? :)

no it's not...in case, ur pregnant they have an appropriate device to protect u well...chest x-ray is the only procedure for u to check your lung condition.the earlier the better...

(*.^)

Hi! I really appreciate your comprehensive post about your medical exam at SLEC since we just received our NOA2 and am trying to be as prepared for the next steps as I can.

Anyway, I noticed that you went there at 1pm, quite late compared to some advices I've read here so far..saying you need to go at 6am or even earlier. Do you think it's really ok to go in the afternoon? I'm asking this because I'm not from Manila and the thought of venturing out of the hotel so early in the morning is kind of scary. I would be happy to avoid it if I can.

Thanks in advance!

Hi! I really appreciate your comprehensive post about your medical exam at SLEC since we just received our NOA2 and am trying to be as prepared for the next steps as I can.

Anyway, I noticed that you went there at 1pm, quite late compared to some advices I've read here so far..saying you need to go at 6am or even earlier. Do you think it's really ok to go in the afternoon? I'm asking this because I'm not from Manila and the thought of venturing out of the hotel so early in the morning is kind of scary. I would be happy to avoid it if I can.

Thanks in advance!

Hi RobandBliss! It's really ok to go there in the afternoon esp during WEdnesday until Friday.Less applicants less hassle...No need to do appointment, because SLEC caters on first come,first serve basis...as long as you provide them the pertaining documents I mentioned on my previous post, u will be ok...Goodluck dear...

Hi RobandBliss! It's really ok to go there in the afternoon esp during WEdnesday until Friday.Less applicants less hassle...No need to do appointment, because SLEC caters on first come,first serve basis...as long as you provide them the pertaining documents I mentioned on my previous post, u will be ok...Goodluck dear...

Thank you very much! I'm relieved to know I don't have to go so early. :-)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.