Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
twitchy

i-134 question

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I was reviewing the I-134 form and there is a part about real estate on it.

In my divorce, I let my ex keep the house, and signed a quit claim deed, etc. We had an 80/20 loan, and the mortgage company would only let him assume the 80% portion of the loan. The remaining 20% loan still has my name on it, although I have a hold harmless agreement and the quit claim deed has been filed. My ex is in possession of the house and still making payments since the divorce three years ago. Does the 20% loan and house still need to be claimed on the paperwork when I send it in?

My ex is still trying to find a way to get my name off that loan also, but hasn't been able to yet.

Edited by twitchy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was reviewing the I-134 form and there is a part about real estate on it.

In my divorce, I let my ex keep the house, and signed a quit claim deed, etc. We had an 80/20 loan, and the mortgage company would only let him assume the 80% portion of the loan. The remaining 20% loan still has my name on it, although I have a hold harmless agreement and the quit claim deed has been filed. My ex is in possession of the house and still making payments since the divorce three years ago. Does the 20% loan and house still need to be claimed on the paperwork when I send it in?

My ex is still trying to find a way to get my name off that loan also, but hasn't been able to yet.

No assets MUST be listed on the I-134. Only assets that you need to use, or just want to list need to be there. If your income alone meets or beats the 125% requirement for your household size plus the beneficiary, then you can leave the entire assets portion of the form blank.

When wanting to use property as an asset, you need to have an appraisal done and deduct the amount still owed to arrive at the net value. You don't even own the house anymore, so it is not like it is an asset for you anyway. You do not have to list your debts. The consulate only cares about your gross income, and/or liquid assets you may be claiming, to be above the 125% requirement.


Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ%20-%20Ciudad%20Juarez.pdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×