dwheels76

When can my husband travel after POE

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hello everyone,

This is my first post. I'm a US citizen who applied for a green card for my father. All the procedures went well; and now my father has an immigrant visa on his passport with many words which contain [iR-5],and [upon endorsement serves as temporary I-551 evidencing permanent residence for 1 year].

I share with the OP the same question, and I would just like to be reassured if i may. Is it a 100% okay that we can travel back to Dubai any day after we cross port of entry to the states?

We will be booking a return after 10 days of entry. The green card will be mailed to a family friend who resides in the US. Their address is on file.

Your help and clarification is very much appreciated.

The answer has already been given in this thread. Your issue is not whether he can travel back to Dubai. It is whether he will be allowed to re-enter the USA after doing so. The endorsed visa is what is needed. Alternatively, the family friend could courier the green card to your father in Dubai.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Other Timeline

I truly thank you for your reply. My father is an old man, and I hate to see him stressed, hence my eager knowledge seeking. I understood from your reply that there is a chance he will not be able to re-enter the USA if he left to Dubai 10 days after crossing POE. Moreover, if our family friend receives and courier the GC to us in Dubai, my dad will be assured re-entry. Is that correct?

We were willing to come back to the US a month after leaving, as soon as we finalize some business here in Dubai, but we'd be in bad shape if the GC took over 6 months to be received and sent to us by our family friend while we still are outside the country.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I truly thank you for your reply. My father is an old man, and I hate to see him stressed, hence my eager knowledge seeking. I understood from your reply that there is a chance he will not be able to re-enter the USA if he left to Dubai 10 days after crossing POE. Moreover, if our family friend receives and courier the GC to us in Dubai, my dad will be assured re-entry. Is that correct?

We were willing to come back to the US a month after leaving, as soon as we finalize some business here in Dubai, but we'd be in bad shape if the GC took over 6 months to be received and sent to us by our family friend while we still are outside the country.

Green cards usually arrive within a month. There's no reason why he should worry about re-entry if he's only gone a month.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.