Pw3t

Search for a job before or after moving ?

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Seems I don't have enough experience for the PMP certification but I can go for the associate one. Don't know if it's still worth well :)

Oh yes, the associate cert will help you too. Not as much as the PMP but it will help. PMI certifications carry some weight with them.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

• 1 month later...
Filed: Country: England
Timeline

I Have been talking to recruiters and they state most companies will want to see you face to face so let me know your arrival date and 2 weeks before i they will start sending my CV around. Im PMP qualified and any the associate one will make you stand out from the crowd in an interview. :wow:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

If you're not set on being in NY, then look into the Washington, DC area. LOTS of IT work around here contracting to all the government agencies. I work with so many foreigners it's crazy. I'm not sure how they all went about getting their work visas, but it happens a lot, so if you're coming without even needing any sponsorship, I think your chances would be good.

I'm the USC petitioner.

Timeline:

10/06/2005 Met in Ireland while I was on a study abroad

03/15/2010 K-1 NOA1

05/27/2010 K-1 NOA2

09/10/2010 K-1 Interview

09/22/2010 POE

10/01/2010 Wedding

10/27/2010 AOS/EAD/AP NOA1s

12/22/2010 EAD/AP Approved

04/05/2011 AOS Approved - no interview

04/09/2011 Green Card received

01/24/2013 ROC NOA1

06/28/2013 ROC Approved - no interview

07/05/2013 10-year Green Card received

08/19/2014 N-400 NOA

12/06/2014 N-400 Interview

01/09/2014 Naturalization ceremony

My husband is now a US Citizen! Our journey is over!

20r8m4.png

WdKPm5.png

8PEOm5.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

In fact now, we don't really think about moving elsewhere for the beginning. It is already so complicated to move from France to New York :bonk: And plus we are taking my cat with us, which makes everything even crazier, i'm already stressed about how she is going to handle this moving.

Also I've seen that I can't exchange my french driving licence in the state of New York !!! :crying: I need to be able to drive to find a job so I'm going to have to focus on taking the driving test before doing anything when we arrive there... Like it wasn't enough and annoying to pass it in France 8 years ago :protest:

PCsuper : you are only going to pass by recruiters to find a job ? I always found my jobs by myself and I never did that so I don't know much about how it works. Can you tell me more about this ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.