eve eldali

Any one ever passed AP process?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

my fiancé has been put under AP process, the embassy officer said its unpredictable how long it takes to be completed, so for people who been under AP how long did it take to complete? if me and my fiancé never been arrested, never had any troubles, both of us crystal clear, does this make a difference? he had been interviewed in riyadh and he is egyptian and muslim, so am i. so how long am i looking at? any one been cleared in couple month before? or does it take a year all the time? :help:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

my fiancé has been put under AP process, the embassy officer said its unpredictable how long it takes to be completed, so for people who been under AP how long did it take to complete? if me and my fiancé never been arrested, never had any troubles, both of us crystal clear, does this make a difference? he had been interviewed in riyadh and he is egyptian and muslim, so am i. so how long am i looking at? any one been cleared in couple month before? or does it take a year all the time? :help:

Expect it to take months which isn't really specific. This is not strange to people from the middle east/North Africa as they are often placed on AP during visa processing. If you both have never committed any crime before that is good but that doesn't matter as you know this region is mostly associated with terrorism, that is why the need for AP. As long as you both are clean, keep in mind you will be approved once the AP is done with.

Edited by Ken & Lecia

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Expect it to take months which isn't really specific. This is not strange to people from the middle east/North Africa as they are often placed on AP during visa processing. If you both have never committed any crime before that is good but that doesn't matter as you know this region is mostly associated with terrorism, that is why the need for AP. As long as you both are clean, keep in mind you will be approved once the AP is done with.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I am American and my fiancee is Chinese. We are at 2+ months AP currently. Prepare yourselves for a wait. My fiancee is not active in the CCP, has no criminal history, and has worked at same job for 5 years. She applied for tourist visa four years ago, and only made one trip out of country on a company vacation ever before in her life. Doesn't matter. Department of State farms out name checks to FBI databases. From my research, it does not take long at all for name checks. I'm former military, so I've had plenty of background checks. The problem is that there are thousands of people before you in line. So your "20 minutes in the sun" may take months of waiting. The process is very dehumanizing because they do not tell you why or when. I receive the same uninformative answer from the Department of State, but at least I receive it from a human being and not a form mail: 1-202-663-1225. I have contacted my Senator, and the Consular Head has written to him that average is about 90 days. So, if it goes past 90 days, I may contact USCIS Ombudsman. Not that I think it will help much. But the feeling of "doing something" is empowering. And your fiancee will look to you for support. It gives her hope, at least.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.