25 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

what news of that telephone call?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

what news of that telephone call?

Made the call and got nowhere, even with the ISO!

Made an infopass, talked to a front side window girl who claimed to be an ISO after asking her to check safe file with my wife's A number, she said what is safe file! That's when I asked for an ISO supervisor, the same woman I talked to the last time came, she listened intently, asked for my wife's A number, went on the computer, told me to take a seat and she needed to talk to her supervisor, she did for 35 minutes, then came back and told me she is now calling the DHS CBP office who I have been dealing with, 15 minutes later the front side window girl came back - said that the ISO had talked to the DHS CBP officer and I should proceed to attend the appointment he had already scheduled for 6/25/12 at 11 am and would not tell me any more, her nose was still out of joint from my initial ISO request. And said the ISO who handled the call was tied up and no longer available, after 2 hours in total there we left. Have received 2 negative responses from the consulate in Guangzhou, nothing from DHS-TRIP, or the guy from the list you gave me I sent an email to in the records department, I have coppied all communications received and sent to the DHS CPB officer who threatened to have the child removed, he has all my contact info and my wife's A number, but nothing from him either, plan on calling him next week to see if he has made any progress, that's it for now, still in the dark

Timeline

did you get the name of the DHS CBP Officer's boss, and a fax number? IMO, a fax sent out to his boss should get things cleared up, as the boss (supposedly) has access rights to SAFEFILE and can find the K-2 paperwork, the electronic copy that GUZ IV made of it after interview day.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 3 months later...
Timeline

Hey Dave - you get this sorted ?

What news?

Timeline

We eventually did get this sorted via trip and the USCIS Houston office, after multiple further visits to the DHS deferred inspection unit at Bush airport facility in Lee Rd. The K2 was finally removed from paroled entry and admitted as a k2 in July. AOS was immediately filed 5 months after my wife's AOS went in. Chicago sent his 797 a couple of weeks later, and a week after that his bio appointment 6 weeks after my wife did her bio, he received another letter 1 week after doing his bio requesting further evidence, submitted next day and confirmed received a week later by mail, that was about 3 weeks ago. My wife was requested to attend appointment - wait for it for I-130 we went, we did and have heard nothing since for the last month. Now on the web site the boy is 2 buttons ahead of the mother in terms of progress status. It is now Mid September 7 month after submitting her 130 and over 5 months since submitting her 485. We understand from your support the 130 was not needed, and we did not do a 130 for the boy and he had is 797 in hand really fast after his 485 was sent. A mystery from beginning to end, and still we wait and wonder. Maybe we should have done this AOS through an attorney, but in real terms wasted our money using an attorney through the 129 stages as we did all the work on that front anyhow. Once this progresses to completion I will make another post, hopefully in the not to distant future. BTW the fact that my wife can't get a driving license until her green card is in hand is nothing short of astonishing, she arrived 12/29/2011 and is stuck in the house. The land of the free! Mmmmmmm

Timeline

Forgot to mention my wife did receive her paroled for travel papers, much as she would love to visit her parents we are scared to even think about that as this would put us back at the DHS deferred inspection unit and who knows what the ramifications of that would be, the thought makes me shudder

Timeline

Forgot to mention my wife did receive her paroled for travel papers, much as she would love to visit her parents we are scared to even think about that as this would put us back at the DHS deferred inspection unit and who knows what the ramifications of that would be, the thought makes me shudder

Timeline

Heya Dave - thanks for the update ! Man, those fellas must be scratching their heads about the I-130 there at USCIS...

Ever talk with an ISO about it, at the National Hotline?

Timeline

Yes, but didn't get anywhere, just arrived back in Houston this evening and in the mail was the boy's paroled to travel documents. One more step forward. Have had a feeling that due to the boys trouble being properly admitted and the resultant delay in his AOS, coupled with speed he has been processed to date since his 485 went in, USCIS maybe bringing them on to the same timeline for final processing together. Don't know if this feeling is right but I suppose all we can do now is wait it out. As indicated I will post when we have the green cards in hand, appreciate your continued interest and thank you for the help and support you have provided us throughtout this ordeal. Thanks.

Timeline

just remember - the child's AOS is based on his derivative status, received from his mother's status.

It makes sense for USCIS to combine the files, as HIS status depends on hers.

What doesn't make sense, is that I-130 you filed . It's still in play, alas.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.