OgaMum

Requested For Evidence AGAIN!

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello Everyone!

I have recently received a letter from the USCIS stating another RFE!!!! I have sent them evidence of my husband and I's marriage TWICE! I mean what is going on?!!

We sent USCIS evidence of our relationship BEFORE we got married and AFTER we got married. We also sent evidence of both's family correspondence to each other.

My husband and I have several things in marital union such as accounts, financial documents, and he is named the guardian to my child from a previous relationship in case the biological father passed.

They still saying there is no evidence of bona fide marriage!!!!! What?!!!!

They also said in my husband's second interview that he didn't know when we got married AFTER presenting them with the acutal marriage license. Really?!!!

I have photos of my in-laws daily lives including new additions to the family. I am sooooo upset with them that it is crazy! They stated that photos of my various trips has no bearing on proving bona fide relationship.

I have two weeks to send more information and I gave them all I have! What to do?!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

How/where did you meet? Was it online? Do you have chat logs and emails? Do you have friends and family that you have confided in or who have skyped/ chatted with your husband during the course of the relationship before and after the wedding? Ask them to write affividats attesting to what they know get them notarized and mailed to you (include the postmarked envelop of the ones mailed to you). Did your pics include both of you in the pics with the family/friends? Did you file taxes married joint? Did your marriage cert. have a seal? Are there pics of both of you and your officiant?

Get yourself together and fight

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My thoughts:

a) i know its upsetting but stay focused

b) there are tons of marriages every year that are fraud, and that makes it tougher for those of us who married because we love our partner and that distance matters not

c) remember that anyone from a 3rd world country will be under higher scrutiny. I totally agree to make sure you can provide all the correspondence, phone calls etc.

d) joint financials are a bit tough if it is on the American side because you can not at this date and time open any bank account jointly without you producing a SSN which you can not have until you are a permanent landed immigrant. Obviously if you had joint financials in Nigeria that is something you'd providel.

e) lots of luck and best wishes :)

f) not sure of healthcare in the US as its such a tiered system but if your spouse has a waiting period to cover you or has no family coverage make sure you take out insurance prior to travel..........should you become ill and not covered the bills can be astronomical. (observation from financial healthcare)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.