6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I GOT A APPROVED I-129 ON 5-11-2010 MY WIFE

WIFE ARRIVED USA ON 8-1-2010

MARRIED ON 10-27-2010

FILED I-485 ON 7-1-2011 I WAS LATE BECAUSE OF CONSTRUCTION WORK WAS THE WORST I HAVE EVER HAD

BIOMETRICS ON 9-12-2012

RECIEVED SSN FOR WORK 10-1-2012

MY WIFES FATHER HAD A HEART ATTACK AND SHE PANICKED AND FLEW BACK TO COLOMBIA TO BE HIS SIDE ON 1-31-2012

I HAVE FILED NEW I-130 ON 3-3-2012 MAYBE 5 MONTHS UNTIL APPROVED

MY PROBLEM IS I THINK IF THEY APPROVE THE I-130 WILL I HAVE TO FILE A I-601 I THINK IF SO IT GOES TO PANAMA FOR PROCESSING AND THE AVERAGE WAIT IS 7 TO 12 MONTHS

PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH ANY SUGGESTIONS

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP GREG

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I GOT A APPROVED I-129 ON 5-11-2010 MY WIFE

WIFE ARRIVED USA ON 8-1-2010

MARRIED ON 10-27-2010

FILED I-485 ON 7-1-2011 I WAS LATE BECAUSE OF CONSTRUCTION WORK WAS THE WORST I HAVE EVER HAD

BIOMETRICS ON 9-12-2012

RECIEVED SSN FOR WORK 10-1-2012

MY WIFES FATHER HAD A HEART ATTACK AND SHE PANICKED AND FLEW BACK TO COLOMBIA TO BE HIS SIDE ON 1-31-2012

I HAVE FILED NEW I-130 ON 3-3-2012 MAYBE 5 MONTHS UNTIL APPROVED

MY PROBLEM IS I THINK IF THEY APPROVE THE I-130 WILL I HAVE TO FILE A I-601 I THINK IF SO IT GOES TO PANAMA FOR PROCESSING AND THE AVERAGE WAIT IS 7 TO 12 MONTHS

PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH ANY SUGGESTIONS

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP GREG

I don't really understand your case. I DO know that a new filing procedure is being put in place for overseas I 601's and is supposed to begin very soon. The proposed changes will effect waivers normally filed at overseas USCIS offices, and when announced (probably in the next 4-6wks) all I 601's will have to be mailed to a lock-box here in the US.

All waivers from all over the world will be adjudicated here in the US by approx. 15 adjudicating officers with waiver experience. By doing this, the USCIS hopes to decrease waiting times (with a goal of 6 mos Max.) making the adjudication more uniform for everyone. Another bonus is that we will be able to check status online via the USCIS website.

I have mixed feelings about what might happen, but this is my own personal thought:

In the beginning things will run pretty smooth. I think waivers will be decided in less than 6mos, maybe even 3-4. After about 6-12mos the backlog will set in and waiting times will begin to increase. New adjudicating officers will be brought in, and because of lack of experience/speed, wait times will increase even more. I am hoping to be amongst the first batch of lock-box waiver filers, and share my experience as a learning tool for others in line behind us.

Married Sept.3,2010

02/11/2011: I130 Sent

02/21/2011: NOA1

06/22/2011: NOA2

06/30/2011: NVC

07/05/2011: DS-3032 email received

07/05/2011: DS-3032 emailed

07/06/2011: AOS Bill received

07/06/2011: AOS Fee Paid

07/09/2011: I864 Sent

07/11/2011: IV Fee Bill received

08/30/2011: IV Fee Paid

09/30/2011: IV Pkg Sent

10/24/2011: RFE (we dragged our feet from here on)

(forget all this for now, let's go on holiday!)

03/13/2012: NVC CASE COMPLETE!!

04/05/2012: Received interview appt email

06/22/2012: Medical @ Knightsbridge

06/29/2012: Interview 8am-Result: Pending

??/??/????: I601 Filed at Lock-Box

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

It looks like your wife "overstayed" (ie the time after the 90 days on the K1 runs out, but before she filed AOS) more than 6 months but less than a year, so that would mean she has a 3 year ban and yes, will need a waiver.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

It looks like your wife "overstayed" (ie the time after the 90 days on the K1 runs out, but before she filed AOS) more than 6 months but less than a year, so that would mean she has a 3 year ban and yes, will need a waiver.

thankyou for your info will they give me the 601 waver or push the 3 year ban or is there anything i can do to speed the 601 process

thankyou greg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

You can only file the waiver once she gets denied at interview, and there is now way to speed it up. You'd need to show hardship to you, the US citizen, if she cannot return, and reasons why you cannot live with her abroad.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

You can only file the waiver once she gets denied at interview, and there is now way to speed it up. You'd need to show hardship to you, the US citizen, if she cannot return, and reasons why you cannot live with her abroad.

thankyou i am going to take all my many forms along with the translated docter report showing that her father had a heart attack and try to get the local senator to help to speed everything up i aleady paid for everything and in october will be two years of marriage i am at such a depressing time

for me sometimes i think i will sell everything and move to colombia

thankyou so much greg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.