StraightShooter

Okay, who had the map of Manila?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Somebody (Leatherneck maybe?) posted a simple line drawing of the Manila metro area showing locations of USEM, St. Luke's, CFOs, etc. with street names.

I saved the link somewhere but can't find it now. Arrgghh!! My fiancee has never been to Manila and wants to use the pic for reference.

Can someone please post it again so that I can save it to my computer?

Many thanks!

May your visa journey be smooth and speedy.

ENGAGED TO TROPICALROSE

ringhands4.jpg

AOS Journey

2-22-2012 - Mailed in AOS/EAD/ paperwork.

2-28-2012 - Return Receipt.

3-05-2012 - NOA I-797C received for I-485, I-765 and biometrics appointment for 3-29-2012

3-07-2012 - Sent Notice to Reschedule Appointment at local ASC by certified mail

3-10-2012 - Return Receipt

3-20-2012 - received text/email the case is transferred

3-24-2012 - NOA I-797C notice received that the case is transferred at CSC

3-30-2012 - Received NOA I-797 New Biometrics Appointment for 4-24-2012

4-24-2012 - BIOMETRICS and same day my I-765 status is in production

4-30-2012 - received text/email notification EAD is on my way

5-03-2012 - received EAC

9-10-2012 - GC/DOCUMENT PRODUCTION

9-11-2012 - CSC mail out the Welcome Letter

9-12-2012 - CSC mail out the Green Card

9-14-2012 - Welcome Letter received

9-15-2012 - Green Card received

ROC Journey

8-15-2014 - Sent I-751

8-18-2014 - I-751 Delivered

8-18-2014 - NOA I-797

8-20-2014 - Check Cashed

9-11-2014 - Biometrics Appointment

11-18-2014- Received email and text notification that green card is in production

11-19-2014- CSC mail out GREEN CARD

bzto184.png

xkNdm5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks! I think the first one is the map my fiancee was asking about. When we chat tonight I'll have her check it out.

The Google map is very helpful too.

Thanks again.

-SS

May your visa journey be smooth and speedy.

ENGAGED TO TROPICALROSE

ringhands4.jpg

If your fiancée ever receives the snail mail from the Embassy informing her that she's eligible to schedule an interview and giving her interview instructions, there's a map at the bottom of the letter. It's the same map that ShawnKJuliet linked you to.

Click here to see it.

However, don't wait around to receive the Embassy's snail mail because, as some have found out, it may never arrive.

However, don't wait around to receive the Embassy's snail mail because, as some have found out, it may never arrive.

Does anyone actually get an initial letter from the embassy any longer? My wife called the embassy because the online appointment letter dropped part of her passport number in one part, had it on the bar code though. While verifying her appointment letter would be ok, she asked about getting the letter and the person said they didn't send them any longer. Not sure if it was a real answer or an excuse though.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Does anyone actually get an initial letter from the embassy any longer? My wife called the embassy because the online appointment letter dropped part of her passport number in one part, had it on the bar code though. While verifying her appointment letter would be ok, she asked about getting the letter and the person said they didn't send them any longer. Not sure if it was a real answer or an excuse though.

I saw a couple of references to the "eligibility" letter as recently as a month or two ago here on VJ. One poster said they received the snail mail from the Embassy after they had already completed their interview. The other poster said they received the letter after they were already in the U.S.! Some people never receive it probably due to the notorious inefficiency of the Philippines Postal Service.

I'm thinking that the Embassy still sends them out because not everyone is hooked up to an immigration website like VJ where people know not to wait for it and they schedule their interview appointment long before the letter arrives.

The eligibility letter is still on the Embassy's website, and it was updated last month to reflect the new visa fee.

Maybe the Embassy is confusing the eligibility letter with the appointment letter they used to email/snail mail to the visa applicant.

I saw a couple of references to the "eligibility" letter as recently as a month or two ago here on VJ. One poster said they received the snail mail from the Embassy after they had already completed their interview. The other poster said they received the letter after they were already in the U.S.! Some people never receive it probably due to the notorious inefficiency of the Philippines Postal Service.

I'm thinking that the Embassy still sends them out because not everyone is hooked up to an immigration website like VJ where people know not to wait for it and they schedule their interview appointment long before the letter arrives.

The eligibility letter is still on the Embassy's website, and it was updated last month to reflect the new visa fee.

Maybe the Embassy is confusing the eligibility letter with the appointment letter they used to email/snail mail to the visa applicant.

My wife never received the letter, but always got her mail unless it looked like a card from the USA. After all cards from the USA always have money in them :rofl:

That does make sense about the appointment letter confusion. If you do it online you don't need the letter because you're supposed to print it out.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

My husband received the eligibilty letter from the embassy few weeks after my interview. We were wondering why it was sent to his U.S address but it was under my name.

AOS Journey

2-22-2012 - Mailed in AOS/EAD/ paperwork.

2-28-2012 - Return Receipt.

3-05-2012 - NOA I-797C received for I-485, I-765 and biometrics appointment for 3-29-2012

3-07-2012 - Sent Notice to Reschedule Appointment at local ASC by certified mail

3-10-2012 - Return Receipt

3-20-2012 - received text/email the case is transferred

3-24-2012 - NOA I-797C notice received that the case is transferred at CSC

3-30-2012 - Received NOA I-797 New Biometrics Appointment for 4-24-2012

4-24-2012 - BIOMETRICS and same day my I-765 status is in production

4-30-2012 - received text/email notification EAD is on my way

5-03-2012 - received EAC

9-10-2012 - GC/DOCUMENT PRODUCTION

9-11-2012 - CSC mail out the Welcome Letter

9-12-2012 - CSC mail out the Green Card

9-14-2012 - Welcome Letter received

9-15-2012 - Green Card received

ROC Journey

8-15-2014 - Sent I-751

8-18-2014 - I-751 Delivered

8-18-2014 - NOA I-797

8-20-2014 - Check Cashed

9-11-2014 - Biometrics Appointment

11-18-2014- Received email and text notification that green card is in production

11-19-2014- CSC mail out GREEN CARD

bzto184.png

xkNdm5.png

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

My husband received the eligibilty letter from the embassy few weeks after my interview. We were wondering why it was sent to his U.S address but it was under my name.

Now that letter has YET to arrive.... :lol:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.