homerg

Should it take this long to receive the packet?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Hi all. I received a letter on April 9, 2012 stating that my petition was approved and that the case would be forwarded to the embassy in Afghanistan and that my fiance would soon receive a packet with the required forms. It's the end of May and she still hasn't received any contact from them and we've tried to contact them ourselves but with no response. They wont even let her enter the consulate only stating that they respond to e-mails (which they havent). The one time they did respond to my e-mail they told me that she should make an appointment ASAP for a medical and couldn't discuss anything else. When she tried to make the appointment they wouldn't let her without some form that would have been in her packet. I'm really confused and worried.. Shouldn't she have been given her packet by now?

Hi all. I received a letter on April 9, 2012 stating that my petition was approved and that the case would be forwarded to the embassy in Afghanistan and that my fiance would soon receive a packet with the required forms. It's the end of May and she still hasn't received any contact from them and we've tried to contact them ourselves but with no response. They wont even let her enter the consulate only stating that they respond to e-mails (which they havent). The one time they did respond to my e-mail they told me that she should make an appointment ASAP for a medical and couldn't discuss anything else. When she tried to make the appointment they wouldn't let her without some form that would have been in her packet. I'm really confused and worried.. Shouldn't she have been given her packet by now?

Though the notice said it was being forwarded to the embassy, there's a step that they don't detail in the letter. After it is approved, it goes to NVC, and then forwards it onto the embassy. Right now, NVC seems to be pretty slow. I would try giving them a call to see if they've received your approved petition, and if so, when they forwarded it to the embassy. They'll also be able to give you a new case number that you'll be able to use in communication with the embassy.

NVC's phone number is: (603) 334-0700. Be ready to answer a few questions. It's best if the USC calls.

Timeline

When you received the approval, was it the NOA2 or the letter from NVC, there is a difference. If it was the NOA2, you should call the Natioanl Visa Center first to get a case # and to confirm if your paperwork was forwarded to the embassy in Kabul. After you get your case #, then you can email the Kabul embassy to check on the status.

Timeline

Thank you for the responses. I did receive a new case number beginning with KBL. That was on the paper I received back in April. Does it usually take this long for visa processing in Kabul? I'm just worried because the only response I received was for her to make a medical appointment ASAP but she hasn't been able to without the packet. :/ Anyone know how long the wait time is in Kabul?

Timeline

You should go under portals and chose Afghanistan. others have waited between 2 to 3 months before hearing back from the consulate. Email the consulate with your case #, fiances name, date of birth, also your name and date of birth and include both of your emails addresses or phone numbers. At least they will have yours and your fiance's direct information to contact you for packet 3.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

You can claim to open a provisional file to consulate.

We sent a request to local consulate by fax, and they sent me packet3 immediately(in 5 days).

(we used a letter sample for opening provisional file of VJ)

this packet3 will be with a provisional case number.

and the provisional case number is only used in the local consulate.

so once you get the actual NVC case number, you should use the NVC one.

Edited by goatherder

K1 Journey (08/24/2011 ~ 01/20/2012 = 150 days)

08/24/2011 -- K1 petition sent out

08/30/2011 -- NOA1 (e-notice)

11/02/2011 -- NOA2 (e-notice)

11/21/2011 -- NVC left (letter)

11/21/2011 -- Requested provisional case number

11/26/2011 -- Packet3 received w/provisional case#

11/30/2011 -- Packet3 sent back

12/13/2011 -- Interview appointment (email)

01/11/2012 -- Medical examination

01/17/2012 -- Interview @ Tokyo Embassy

01/20/2012 -- Visa received

AOS Journey (04/27/2012 ~ 10/19/2012 = 176 days)

04/27/2012 -- AOS, EAD, AP petition sent out

05/07/2012 -- NOA1 for AOS, EAD, AP (e-notice)

06/05/2012 -- Biometrics

07/03/2012 -- NOA2 for AP (e-notice)

07/10/2012 -- NOA2 for EAD (e-notice)

07/14/2012 -- EAD/AP combo card received

08/15/2012 -- Interview scheduled (e-notice)

09/17/2012 -- Interview @ Los Angeles (no decision due to loss of my medical report)

10/11/2012 -- Card production (e-notice)

10/19/2012 -- GC received

ROC Journey (07/21/2014 ~ 11/04/2014 = 113 days)

07/21/2014 -- ROC petition sent out (California Service Center)

07/25/2014 -- NOA1 (letter)

08/20/2014 -- Biometrics

11/04/2014 -- Card production (e-notice)

11/10/2014 -- GC received

Filed: Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

We have been waiting a couple of months and are still waiting for our packet. They have answered my emails, but they told us pretty much the same thing. (to make a medical appt.) They also told me that all interviews for May are filled. So I assume my fiance' will have his interview in June or July. He called to make a medical appt, He told them that he hasnt received anything from Embassy yet. They said to not worry about it, and told him what he needed to bring. There may have been a miscommunication, because I thought he had to get a letter from Embassy before he went to medical also. So, he will call them again before is appointment to check what he needs to bring exactly. It seems like things are going pretty slow in Kabul.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.