jjc

Gambia Medical Exams

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

Hey all! Hope everyone is doing well. I noticed that someone put a post on the Gambia Consulate Review that for those who have their interview in Senegal they can use Dr. Jones in Gambia for their medical. I was just curious if you have more information about this doctor and if this post is really true. I know previously when I emailed the embassy in Dakar they said that medical would have to be completed by one of the two local doctors there. If my husband could complete his medical in Gambia that would be much easier for him. Thanks for the information!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

Hey all! Hope everyone is doing well. I noticed that someone put a post on the Gambia Consulate Review that for those who have their interview in Senegal they can use Dr. Jones in Gambia for their medical. I was just curious if you have more information about this doctor and if this post is really true. I know previously when I emailed the embassy in Dakar they said that medical would have to be completed by one of the two local doctors there. If my husband could complete his medical in Gambia that would be much easier for him. Thanks for the information!

I havent heard of this but I am sure you can email the US Embassy in Banjul to get an answer! Best of Luck :thumbs:

6/16/03 -Met

6/20/11- Married my Soulmate

USCIS: 161 Days NOA1 to NOA2

9/1/11 - I130 Mailed (USPS Priority)

9/2/11 - Arrived in Chicago Lockbox

9/6/11 - NOA1 via text/email (rerouted to California Service Center)

9/9/11 - NOA1 Hardcopy in mail

9/9/11 - Check cashed .... and the wait Begin

2/10/12 - NOA2...no whammies, pleaase, email only, no txt

2/12/12 - mother in law past.... She was an angel

2/12/12 - NOA2 Hardcopy in mail

2/13/12 - NVC rec' case ! No expedite, but I worked a few nervIes...

NVC STAGE: .......days from case # to case complete

2/13/12: NVC received case (information only given on 02/13)

2/23/12: case number and IIN assigned - gave email info to operator

2/24/12 :Paid AOS fee and DS3032 sent by email (auto response received immediately)

2/27/12: AOS fee PAID on payment portal, Fee was withdrawn from Bank Account. So,is PAID :-)

2/27/12: mailed AOS (USPS Express mail) & was told the NVC accepted the Choice of Agent but havent heard or saw anything different

2/27/12: Choice of agent accepted

2/28/12: IV fee invoice received by email

2/28/12: Paid IV fee

2/29/12: IV fee PAID on payment portal

2/29/12: IV package sent

3/12/12: IV package reviewed and accepted. AOS package not Recv'd

3/14/12: Case complete!

4/06/12 : Interview Date Scheduled for 05/31/12!

4/09/12: Case file sent to Dakar

5/18/12: medical

5/31/12: interview , ap asking for joint sponsor

6/12/12: APPROVED!!!!

6/14/12 : pick up visa!!!

Currently : waiting to pick up visa

P.O.E. :

6/15/12:JFK to ATL

6/16/12 : MEM to ME !!!

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

I havent heard of this but I am sure you can email the US Embassy in Banjul to get an answer! Best of Luck :thumbs:

Yes this is possible. Dr Jones is the embassy doctor in banjul. A friend wrote to the embassy in dakar about this. Infact the embassy in Dakar replied saying they could do the exams in Banjul with Dr. Jones. They supplied his contact details and email address to my friend. So its possible. Just write to the embassy in dakar for a waiver and plase bring the waiver email to the interview. Dr Jones is a reputable surgeon in Gambia

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.