corsair

AR-11 Confirmation and Upcoming ROC

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I filed an AR-11 by mail back in August of 2011, but never received any confirmation. My husband filed an I-865 for the affidavit, and he did receive his.

In April of 2012 I received "NOTICE OF REQUIREMENT TO FILE PETITION TO REMOVE THE CONDITIONAL BASIS OF AN ALIEN'S PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS" on my old address. It was forwarded to me by the post office. I realized that the first address change wasn't successful. So I sent a new one. Still waiting for the confirmation. I'm wondering if they send any confirmation at all? Should I call them to make sure they did it? I have a proof that they received my mail.

I am about to send my ROC packet and I now worry about the consequences of this failure to update my address. If USCIS still has my old address and my husband's new address it may seem that we live separately. Fortunately I have plenty of evidence that we live together, but I still worry about this.

Thanks!

ROC...NOA1 5/23/12...BIO 7/26/12...APPROVED 12/04/12...CARD RECEIVED 12/18/12 (maybe earlier :D)

23tgjll.gif

I filed an AR-11 by mail back in August of 2011, but never received any confirmation. My husband filed an I-865 for the affidavit, and he did receive his.

In April of 2012 I received "NOTICE OF REQUIREMENT TO FILE PETITION TO REMOVE THE CONDITIONAL BASIS OF AN ALIEN'S PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS" on my old address. It was forwarded to me by the post office. I realized that the first address change wasn't successful. So I sent a new one. Still waiting for the confirmation. I'm wondering if they send any confirmation at all? Should I call them to make sure they did it? I have a proof that they received my mail.

I am about to send my ROC packet and I now worry about the consequences of this failure to update my address. If USCIS still has my old address and my husband's new address it may seem that we live separately. Fortunately I have plenty of evidence that we live together, but I still worry about this.

Thanks!

Don't worry about it. They sent my reminder at my previous address too.I filed AR-11 online so I just enclosed the confirmation copy on my application. But even though you don't have a confirmation copy it doesn't mean there will be problems. It's gonna be OK. Just send your application using your new address and it will updated from there.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

N400 Timeline:

4/14/12- 3rd yr as PR

1/17/12- mailed packet

Biometrics-- waived

4/25/12- interview- passed & took my oath the same day!!-- US Citizen!!!

My N400 Journey took 3months & 8days!:)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Thanks!

I wouldn't worry about it. I have heard many people on VJ that their notice to file the ROC was sent to their old address.

We had to do the AR-11 the i-865 too. I did mine online. He did his by mail and got a confirmation.

When we sent our ROC, we put our current address and both the NOA1 and the bio appt letter came to our current address.

No problems so far :)

AOS 05/08/10 - sent05/14/10 - receipt date on NOAs - transferred to National Benefits Center06/14/10 - Biometrics Done - Lawrence, MA (original appt)07/26/10 - Interview - APPROVED!!07/30/10 - Welcome letter rec'd (notice date: 07/26)08/05/10 - Green Card (&EAD) Received! - 2 months and 28 days total!ROC 04/28/12 - ROC package sent05/03/12 - check cashed05/04/12 - NOA1 received - dated 05/01/1206/07/12 - Biometrics done02/07/13 - Approved (status update via text msg)02/14/13 - Ten year Green card receivedNaturalization07/26/13 - eligible (90 day window opened 4/27/13)02/24/14 - N-400 sent to Dallas03/04/14 - Check cashed & case accepted (update via txt & email)03/10/14 - Biometrics appt letter rec'd (scheduled for 03/28/13)03/28/14 - Biometrics done04/01/14 - In line for interview 04/03/14 - Case status change to scheduled for interview04/10/14 - interview letter rec'd 5/13/14 - interview 6/3/14 - in line for oath 6/30/14 - Scheduled for oath

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

As the others said, I wouldnt worry about it. They don't sent confirmation on the AR-11. Our reminder notice was mailed to our old address as well. We were approved without a problem, and I didn't have a copy of the online confirmation to send in.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

I wouldn't worry about it. I have heard many people on VJ that their notice to file the ROC was sent to their old address.

When we sent our ROC, we put our current address and both the NOA1 and the bio appt letter came to our current address.

No problems so far :)

Agree, exactly the same situation!

AOS from B1/B2:

January 12 - I-130 & I-485 Delivered

January 24 - Both checks cashed

January 26 - Both NoAs received

February 9 - Biometrics letter received

February 17 - Biometrics appointment

January 18 - Green Card Ordered (No Interview)

January 22 - Green Card Mailed

Don't worry about it. They sent my reminder at my previous address too.I filed AR-11 online so I just enclosed the confirmation copy on my application. But even though you don't have a confirmation copy it doesn't mean there will be problems. It's gonna be OK. Just send your application using your new address and it will updated from there.

Same problem with me. I filed the AR 11 in August 2010 as per the requirement. I had sent the AR 11 via postal service and not on line. Well I also got the notice re ROC sent to the old address. We own that property so it worked out but I was surprised. I called NVC today and when I eventually got the rep to understand I wasn't talkingn about biometrics but the change of address (took a while for some reason), she said not to sweat it unless the NOA takes longer than a month, then to follow up. She said if you put the new address in the I 751 forms, the documents will arrive at the address noted there.

I included a copy of the letter they sent me to remind of the ROC and I wrote a separate cover letter re the change of address and AR 11 previously submitted etc and submitted it with the I 751. Hopefully they'll straighten that out but it is concerning when you submit accordingly only to find someone feel asleep at the wheel, or so it seems.

Good luck to all !

2007 Nov 30: Met in Las Vegas, Nevada

2009 Jul 13: Proposed/Engaged in Sedona, Arizona

2009 Dec 26: Married in Tucson, Arizona

USCIS

2009 Dec 30: Filed I-130

2010 Jan 02: I-130 delivered

2010 Jan 07: NOA1 - email - CSC

2010 Jan 11: Received NOA1 hardcopy

2010 Mar 24: NOA2 - email & text - NVC

2010 Mar 29: Received NOA2 hardcopy

I-130 was approved in 76 days from NOA1 date

NVC

2010 Mar 30: NVC received - case# assigned - emails given to NVC

2010 Mar 30: Opted in - DS3032 emailed to NVC

2010 Mar 31: Received AOS bill & DS3032 - paid AOS

2010 Apr 05: Online payment portal confirms paid AOS(Apr 2 processing date)

2010 Apr 05: Sent I-864 package

2010 Apr 15: EP confirmation email

2010 Apr 15: IV bill generated & paid

2010 Apr 15: Email confirmation - receipt of DS3032

2010 Apr 16: IV bill confirmed paid - sent DS230 package

2010 Apr 19: NVC operator confirms I864 & DS230 documents have been received

2010 Apr 21: AVR confirms all documents received Apr 19th

2010 Apr 23: Email from NVC: case complete - confirmed by NVC - sign in fail

Completed in 24 days

CONSULATE

2010 May 27: Email from NVC - consulate received file - interview Montreal Jul 27th

2010 Jun 16: Medical @ Woking Medical Centre, Vancouver, Canada - APPROVED

2010 Jul 27: Interview @ US Consulate in Montreal, Canada - APPROVED

Your interview took 201 days from your I-130 NOA1 date

2010 Aug 13:POE Washington - APPROVED

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

2012 May 14 - mailed I-751

2012 May 16 - delivered @ CSC

2012 Jun 18 - I 551 stamp

2012 Jun 28 - biometrics appointment NOA notice date Jun 7

2012 Dec 20 - approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.