braem

I-129F rejected and returned for incorrect fee ($10 over)

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We sent our I-129F at the end of April and just this Friday it had been returned because the payment we'd sent was for $350 instead of $340. (It costs >$10 to fix the problem. They spent $6 shipping the package back alone! Argh!)

It seems that some of the contents of the package have been removed, such as the cover letter, and some of the paperwork has been taken out of the plastic folder we sent the whole thing in, with other stuff left in the plastic folder. I don't yet know the exact list of things removed, but I plan on going through what they've sent back and cross-checking it with a copy of the cover letter we sent them.

But what exactly do we do next? Obviously we'll correct the payment to $340, but do we need to send a replacement cover letter or, if they've removed anything else such as photographs / passport photos, do we need to send new copies? Could it be as simple as removing the letter stating the reason for rejection which they sent back, correct the payment, and send the whole thing back? (Along with the package and rejection notice, they sent a green piece of paper which says "place this on top of your application when returning it so that it receives special attention" (paraphrased). When we do send it back, we'll be placing that on top.) If we do send a new cover letter, is it still fine to say "original submission for I-129F"? It's not technically an original submission. Does that matter at all? I would assume that their system of tracking applications will let them know immediately that it's a resubmission for an original submission. If that makes sense.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

No you do not do anything to change what has been done to the file. You make a new check and send it back with the correct payment that is all.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We sent our I-129F at the end of April and just this Friday it had been returned because the payment we'd sent was for $350 instead of $340. (It costs >$10 to fix the problem. They spent $6 shipping the package back alone! Argh!)

It seems that some of the contents of the package have been removed, such as the cover letter, and some of the paperwork has been taken out of the plastic folder we sent the whole thing in, with other stuff left in the plastic folder. I don't yet know the exact list of things removed, but I plan on going through what they've sent back and cross-checking it with a copy of the cover letter we sent them.

But what exactly do we do next? Obviously we'll correct the payment to $340, but do we need to send a replacement cover letter or, if they've removed anything else such as photographs / passport photos, do we need to send new copies? Could it be as simple as removing the letter stating the reason for rejection which they sent back, correct the payment, and send the whole thing back? (Along with the package and rejection notice, they sent a green piece of paper which says "place this on top of your application when returning it so that it receives special attention" (paraphrased). When we do send it back, we'll be placing that on top.) If we do send a new cover letter, is it still fine to say "original submission for I-129F"? It's not technically an original submission. Does that matter at all? I would assume that their system of tracking applications will let them know immediately that it's a resubmission for an original submission. If that makes sense.

no you don't need to replace what they took from your packet, our petition was rejected before due to $10 over, all we do was we resent the packet with the right amount of check with the green piece of paper, they already reviewed our docs before they sent it back to us :) and they already have copies of our docs in their file you will notice some marks on the docs :)like numbers or something like that

Timeline

no you don't need to replace what they took from your packet, our petition was rejected before due to $10 over, all we do was we resent the packet with the right amount of check with the green piece of paper, they already reviewed our docs before they sent it back to us :) and they already have copies of our docs in their file you will notice some marks on the docs :)like numbers or something like that

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Wales
Timeline

Not to sound rude, BUT if you got the filing fee incorrect it's possible you might have gotten something else wrong. I would take the opportunity to give your file one last checking over just to be sure. Better now than in five months time! The guides on this site should cover most things.

Timeline

Not to sound rude, BUT if you got the filing fee incorrect it's possible you might have gotten something else wrong. I would take the opportunity to give your file one last checking over just to be sure. Better now than in five months time! The guides on this site should cover most things.

Thanks for the pointer. We're both fairly confident that there's nothing amiss, since we've been fairly comprehensive in the documents we've printed and forms we've filled out etc. The filing fee error was pretty much a miscommunication. I knew the actual fee but I couldn't double-check it before it went out, in contrast to the other forms where both pairs of eyes saw what was filled out. Fingers crossed.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Wales
Timeline

Thanks for the pointer. We're both fairly confident that there's nothing amiss, since we've been fairly comprehensive in the documents we've printed and forms we've filled out etc. The filing fee error was pretty much a miscommunication. I knew the actual fee but I couldn't double-check it before it went out, in contrast to the other forms where both pairs of eyes saw what was filled out. Fingers crossed.

That's fair enough! I'd rather annoy the ####### out of someone telling them to check something, than not do it and see them RFE'd or declined later. but it sounds like you've been thorough!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.