chikings

Where To Stay in Lagos??

22 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

First thanks to all that gave me support and ideas on addressing the "Airport Closing". Now that we decided on staying in Lagos,where do I stay?? Ideally close to the airport, an area that we can walk around, sight see, and eat. Most improtantly if no airconditioning then at least fans :innocent: . Even if electricity goes off..lol...

P.S. Last visit we did stay overnight in a very small "ummmm" hotel to catch our flight out the next morninig. However, I don't think I could last 7 days there. :wacko:

Peace,

Chi

Edited by chikings

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Moved to regional from general immigration. Not an immigration question but a regional travel question.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Timeline

Here's the hotel I stay at. Think very nice best western. Very close to the airport N2,000 ($12) private car ride. It's between Toyin Street and Allen Avenue.

Excellent room service foods and drinks, security and friendly staff with several shopping complex, restaurant, banks, clubs in the area.

Suite29Hotel.Com - but it's currently hacked now.

My room was $64 / night (a/c, hot water, fridge, yada yada). Lagos is alarmingly expensive.

Edited by Iyawo Ijebu

Timeline

Here's the hotel I stay at. Think very nice best western. Very close to the airport N2,000 ($12) private car ride. It's between Toyin Street and Allen Avenue.

Excellent room service foods and drinks, security and friendly staff with several shopping complex, restaurant, banks, clubs in the area.

Suite29Hotel.Com - but it's currently hacked now.

My room was $64 / night (a/c, hot water, fridge, yada yada). Lagos is alarmingly expensive.

wow that sounds great :thumbs: . Perhaps I should google those streets and see whats else around that area.

thanks

Peace,

Chi

Edited by chikings

Timeline

What is your budget ? It makes a big difference in what the place is like

My budget for 6 nights .. I wouldn't want to go lower $300- but not higher than $800.00

Thanks

Timeline

When do you leave? I found a website that does sublets, which if you need co-mingling, this is a great way to go. We rented a 2 bedroom, 1.5 bath, living room and kitchen for around $87 a night.

http://www.makeitnigeria.com/

You have to really check prices, and see if it is something you wish to do though, as we had to purchase fuel for our gen, and that was pretty costly. If you prefer the amenities of hotels, then I don't recommend this as it won't be up to those standards.

Just another avenue to go, depending on the experience you wish to have while in Nigeria.

TracyJo

Timeline

When do you leave? I found a website that does sublets, which if you need co-mingling, this is a great way to go. We rented a 2 bedroom, 1.5 bath, living room and kitchen for around $87 a night.

http://www.makeitnigeria.com/

You have to really check prices, and see if it is something you wish to do though, as we had to purchase fuel for our gen, and that was pretty costly. If you prefer the amenities of hotels, then I don't recommend this as it won't be up to those standards.

Just another avenue to go, depending on the experience you wish to have while in Nigeria.

thanks!!

Timeline

thanks!!

I stayed at the IBIS hotel when I went but the only problem is it depends on when you are going because the price for that hotel goes up and down I ended up paying $90 a night and that included a breakfast for both of us. But I have seen it go as high as $160 a night so you will have to check when you are going and if you book it 20 days in advance it is cheaper. It is not fancy but it is clean nice staff and near the airport

event.png

event.png

Filed: Timeline

Ah yes, The Ibis. One of the better hotels in Lagos state in the past, right up there with Ikoyi Hotel and Federal Palace Hotel. But we're now talking major dinero. Of course our Nigerian Queen is worth every penny but we don't want to spoil our African Price too much now do we? :no:

It's a larger hotel for sure and you might find other expatriates there though most will prefer to be on VI or Lekki.

Timeline

First thanks to all that gave me support and ideas on addressing the "Airport Closing". Now that we decided on staying in Lagos,where do I stay?? Ideally close to the airport, an area that we can walk around, sight see, and eat. Most improtantly if no airconditioning then at least fans :innocent: . Even if electricity goes off..lol...

P.S. Last visit we did stay overnight in a very small "ummmm" hotel to catch our flight out the next morninig. However, I don't think I could last 7 days there. :wacko:

Peace,

Chi

Good Hotels are quite expensive in Lagos, I prefer Ikeja and VI (close to shoprite and all) though.

Check this site, this one is close to Ikeja, beautiful place and it was comfortable, but make sure you price it well/bargain.

Hotel Name: De-renaissance hotel

ROOM RATES STARTS FROM $200

Reservation Number: 08029555640, 08065505845

http://www.derenaissancehotelng.com/accommodations.html

2nd option in VI: Bon voyage (expensive but you should bargain)

I think the breakfast is free for only one person and we paid 4,500 naira for 2nd person.

http://www.hotelbonvoyageng.com/

Location: 57A Marinho Drive, Off Ajose Adeogun Street. Victoria Island, Lagos

3rd option: Oriental hotel lagos: there is a branch in Maryland and VI as well (TOO EXPENSIVE)

Tel: +234 (0) 1 280 6600

Fax: +234 (0) 1 280 6609

For general inquiries please email us at info@lagosoriental.com or make your booking at reservation@lagosoriental.com

http://www.lagosoriental.com/hotel-overview.php

Depending on the level you want to enjoy your stay, some hotels are cheap but you won't like the value you will get. When you get there, make sure you price it down, they inflate the prices so you pay more, but they can take out 5000 naira - more or less depending on how you can convince them. :bonk:

Timeline

thanks!!

Oh I planed to spend three weeks when I thought I would be at his home. Now probably 7/10 days.. I plan on leaving July 27 ish and returning first week in Augs.

Thanks

Timeline

Ah yes, The Ibis. One of the better hotels in Lagos state in the past, right up there with Ikoyi Hotel and Federal Palace Hotel. But we're now talking major dinero. Of course our Nigerian Queen is worth every penny but we don't want to spoil our African Price too much now do we? :no:

It's a larger hotel for sure and you might find other expatriates there though most will prefer to be on VI or Lekki.

LOL you hit it on the head. We are genlty debating cheaper hotel to stay longer or more expensive hotel and shorter stay?? Of course my Nigerian sweetheart , is pushing towards the first choice cheaper hotel longer stay :wacko: .. and I understand, but I want it in a place where we can still move around with out a lot of taxi's and worried about saftey. I really don't like having to debate over money, so I'm checking everything out you all are sending me.. Hopefully we can find a happy medium.. :blink:

Peace,

Chi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.