arch2004

After papers are sent to NVC

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Ok, so I have submitted all the affidevit of support paper work to the National Visa Center in Portsmouth, NH for my parent in India. its been roughly 2 mouths since I have done so. I never recieved a reciept for these items and wanted to know. What is the time frame after I submitted AOS for the interview in India at the NVC?

Ok, so I have submitted all the affidevit of support paper work to the National Visa Center in Portsmouth, NH for my parent in India. its been roughly 2 mouths since I have done so. I never recieved a reciept for these items and wanted to know. What is the time frame after I submitted AOS for the interview in India at the NVC?

If this is for an IR-5 visa, you still need to submit the DS-3032, pay the IV fee, and submit the IV package. Have you done any of that? And you did pay the AOS fee before sending the package, right?

Please read the last two links in my signature. It'll bring you to the current NVC monthly thread, with links galore relating to the NVC process, as well as a FAQ.

So really the question is what is the IV package and IV fee?

The IV fee will be invoiced once the DS-3032 has been accepted and added to your casefile. The IV fee is currently $230. This fee is for the IV application (DS-230). The IV package includes the DS-230 as well as many other documents. Please click on the last two links in my signature. They go to posts with links to guides, as well as a FAQ I put together.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.