KemalTuanaYalcin

IR1/CR1 - I-130 HELP

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi all,

Really need some help here please. I have been directed to several sites, however I am getting conflicting information and I am confused and I don't want to make any mistakes. I am hoping that some people who have recently gone through the process can provide some assistance please. My case is now at NVC for the I-130, IR-1/CR-1. Here is what I need help with please:

1. Of all the documents for NVC- AOS, IV packet etc which documents can be certified copies and which must be originals? (marriage certificate, police certificate, military, birth certificate, etc. etc. etc.)

2. For documents that can be certified copies, what must the certified copies entail? If the copies are notarized and stated that they are true copies of the original with notarial signature is this sufficient? Must certified copies have apostitles?

3. Of our marriage documents, we had everything translated, the birth certificate used, the passports, the marriage certificate, the police record etc, all translated by a certified translator with a copy of the original and all with apostitles. If they ask for originals, do we want to send these originals or the original marriage certificate with out the translation and without the apositles?

Also, I need clarification on exacly how everything is sent in. I understand I have to wait for our case # from NVC and also the invoice number so that we can use the system through NVC to make the payments. Do you make payment for everything all at once at NVC and then send in all the papers together (bar codes showing proof, choice of agent, and all the packages for AOS and IV packet?

I know I am asking for a lot of information, I just don't want to delay the process by doing anything wrong. I have done my research, however I am just not sure which research is current and which is out of date. So anyone that recently went through NVC who can provide insight and help walk me through this process, it woud be greatly appreciated. Any suggestions your have any do's and don't, please include anything you think would be helpful for me to know. Also, anyone petitioning for their spouse from Turkey out there, can you tell me please approximately how long from when your case was assigned at NVC to when you were given your interview date and then how long until your interview please?

Thanks all VJ members for your help and I do apologize if I am requesting information that has been posted on here multiple times before.

Take care everyone!

event.png

Tuana and Kemal's Visa Journey

2010.07.10 We met

2010.10.28 First visit to meet in person

2010.10.31 We became engaged

2011.01.12 Second Visit with my Husband

2011.04.18 Third Visit with my Husband

2011.08.19 Married in Gaziantep Turkey, 4th Visit

2011.10.21 Visited with my Husband, 5th Visit

2011.11.22 SENT IN I-130 Application

2011.12.01 NOA1 Received

2012.02.16 Visited my Husband, 6th Visit

2012.05.08 NOA2 Received

2012.05.21 NVC Received

2012.07.02 Per NVC documents approved, waiting on interview date to be scheduled

2012.08.10 Visited my husband in Turkey, 7th Visit

2012.12.04 Visa Approved

Timeline

Hi all,

Really need some help here please. I have been directed to several sites, however I am getting conflicting information and I am confused and I don't want to make any mistakes. I am hoping that some people who have recently gone through the process can provide some assistance please. My case is now at NVC for the I-130, IR-1/CR-1. Here is what I need help with please:

1. Of all the documents for NVC- AOS, IV packet etc which documents can be certified copies and which must be originals? (marriage certificate, police certificate, military, birth certificate, etc. etc. etc.)

2. For documents that can be certified copies, what must the certified copies entail? If the copies are notarized and stated that they are true copies of the original with notarial signature is this sufficient? Must certified copies have apostitles?

3. Of our marriage documents, we had everything translated, the birth certificate used, the passports, the marriage certificate, the police record etc, all translated by a certified translator with a copy of the original and all with apostitles. If they ask for originals, do we want to send these originals or the original marriage certificate with out the translation and without the apositles?

Also, I need clarification on exacly how everything is sent in. I understand I have to wait for our case # from NVC and also the invoice number so that we can use the system through NVC to make the payments. Do you make payment for everything all at once at NVC and then send in all the papers together (bar codes showing proof, choice of agent, and all the packages for AOS and IV packet?

I know I am asking for a lot of information, I just don't want to delay the process by doing anything wrong. I have done my research, however I am just not sure which research is current and which is out of date. So anyone that recently went through NVC who can provide insight and help walk me through this process, it woud be greatly appreciated. Any suggestions your have any do's and don't, please include anything you think would be helpful for me to know. Also, anyone petitioning for their spouse from Turkey out there, can you tell me please approximately how long from when your case was assigned at NVC to when you were given your interview date and then how long until your interview please?

Thanks all VJ members for your help and I do apologize if I am requesting information that has been posted on here multiple times before.

Take care everyone!

1) NVC you will send the DS-3032 by email. Then you will pay the 88 dollars. You will send the i-864 with the documents below plus the cover letter

EXAMPLE BELOW

YOUR NAME: [ SPONSOR ] YOUR ADDRESS: TELEPHONE NUMBER:

National Visa Center ATTN: CMR 31 Rochester Ave. Suite 100

Portsmouth, NH 03801-2914

Re: Submitting Affidavit of Support I-864 for NVC Case Number MNL2002508061

To whom it may concern:

Enclosed please find the Form I-864, Affidavit of Support for , and supporting documents as follows:

I-864 Coversheet (with barcode)

Form I-864 (Signed and dated)

2007 Federal Tax Return, W2 and 1099INT, u can ask for transcript which I used

2007 Tax Transcript

2006 Federal Tax Return, W2 and 1099INT,

2006 Tax Transcript

2005 Federal Tax Return, W2 and 1099INT,

2005 Tax Transcript

Letter of Employment

Pay stub(s) from the most recent six months ( I send 3 months)

Letter from Bank <optional - should display average balance over 6 months)

2) Packet iv you will summit the documents below plus the cover letter

ATTN: National Visa Center

32 Rochester Avenue Portsmouth, NH 03801-2909

Subject: DS-230 Immigrant Visa Application for my spouse

NVC Case#: A

Beneficiary Name:

Beneficiary DOB:

I-130 Receipt Notice#:

Dear Sir/Madam:

I, a citizen of the United States, acting as the Agent of this petition, would like to file the Immigrant Visa Application DS-230 completed by my spouse who is the beneficiary of the immediate relative petition I-130 filed by me at VERMONT SERVICE CENTER. My spouse is the intending immigrant to the United States.

Please find enclosed the following documents:

1. Bar-coded cover sheet

2. 2 Passport-sized photographs of the beneficiary

3. Completed and signed form DS-230, Part 1, by the beneficiary

4. Completed and unsigned form DS-230, Part 2

5. Photocopy of the biographic data page of the beneficiary's passport (not need to translate)

6. Original Certified birth certificate of the beneficiary (send the long one with the brothers and parents name )

7. Certified marriage certificate of the beneficiary and the petitioner(send the red book,a translated and apostitles) ( You will not lose it, they keep it very tide if you don't it will delay your case)

8. Original police certificate(s) of the beneficiary (translated and apostitles)

You will never get his military service papers.

MAKE COPIES OF ALL DOCUMENTS.

Well, u can check my timeline. some people wait long, some short time( I was approved in 27 days) My husband is turkish. all the papers I did it here with no problems. Now we are just waiting for his administrative process finish.

if you need anything else let me know I am always here.

Edited by evelyn1140

jkshrmfeqk.png

ooOcm7.png

event.png

Timeline

Hi all,

Take care everyone!

1) NVC you will send the DS-3032 by email. Then you will pay the 88 dollars. You will send the i-864 with the documents below plus the cover letter

EXAMPLE BELOW

YOUR NAME: [ SPONSOR ] YOUR ADDRESS: TELEPHONE NUMBER:

National Visa Center ATTN: CMR 31 Rochester Ave. Suite 100

Portsmouth, NH 03801-2914

Re: Submitting Affidavit of Support I-864 for NVC Case Number MNL2002508061

To whom it may concern:

Enclosed please find the Form I-864, Affidavit of Support for , and supporting documents as follows:

I-864 Coversheet (with barcode)

Form I-864 (Signed and dated)

2011 Federal Tax Return, W2 and 1099INT, u can ask for transcript which I used

2011 Tax Transcript

2010 Federal Tax Return, W2 and 1099INT,

2010 Tax Transcript

2009 Federal Tax Return, W2 and 1099INT,

2009 Tax Transcript

Letter of Employment

Pay stub(s) from the most recent six months ( I send 3 months)

Letter from Bank <optional - should display average balance over 6 months)

When you pay the 404.00 dollars then you will send Packet iv

2) Packet iv you will summit the documents below plus the cover letter

ATTN: National Visa Center

32 Rochester Avenue Portsmouth, NH 03801-2909

Subject: DS-230 Immigrant Visa Application for my spouse

NVC Case#: A

Beneficiary Name:

Beneficiary DOB:

I-130 Receipt Notice#:

Dear Sir/Madam:

I, ----- a citizen of the United States, acting as the Agent of this petition, would like to file the Immigrant Visa Application DS-230 completed by my spouse------- who is the beneficiary of the immediate relative petition I-130 filed by me at VERMONT SERVICE CENTER. My spouse is the intending immigrant to the United States.

Please find enclosed the following documents:

1. Bar-coded cover sheet

2. 2 Passport-sized photographs of the beneficiary

3. Completed and signed form DS-230, Part 1, by the beneficiary

4. Completed and unsigned form DS-230, Part 2

5. Photocopy of the biographic data page of the beneficiary's passport (not need to translate)

6. Original Certified birth certificate of the beneficiary (send the long one)

7. Certified marriage certificate of the beneficiary and the petitioner(send the red book,a translated and apostitles)

8. Original police certificate(s) of the beneficiary (translated and apostitles)

You will never get his military service papers.

Well, u can check my timeline. some people wait long, some short time( I was approved in 27 days) My husband is turkish. all the papers I did it here with no problems. Now we are just waiting.

if you need anything else let me know I am always here.

Edited by evelyn1140

jkshrmfeqk.png

ooOcm7.png

event.png

Timeline

I hope it helps

Thank you thank you so very much, you have no idea how helpful this is and how appreciative I am to you for this! I cannot express my thanks in words. I have been driving myself crazy and now thanks to you, I can get these ready to go today! So very happy! You are a doll and again thank you!

event.png

Tuana and Kemal's Visa Journey

2010.07.10 We met

2010.10.28 First visit to meet in person

2010.10.31 We became engaged

2011.01.12 Second Visit with my Husband

2011.04.18 Third Visit with my Husband

2011.08.19 Married in Gaziantep Turkey, 4th Visit

2011.10.21 Visited with my Husband, 5th Visit

2011.11.22 SENT IN I-130 Application

2011.12.01 NOA1 Received

2012.02.16 Visited my Husband, 6th Visit

2012.05.08 NOA2 Received

2012.05.21 NVC Received

2012.07.02 Per NVC documents approved, waiting on interview date to be scheduled

2012.08.10 Visited my husband in Turkey, 7th Visit

2012.12.04 Visa Approved

Timeline

Thanks for the clarification, I am in the same stage of the process. I am surprised that you have to submit originals of the marriage and birth certificates.

yes, one of my vj friends melodody and kemal. She is married to a turkish man. This is her profile. She might able to help you. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/user/104190-melody-and-kemal/. Melody's husband went to the interview without having the red book. They didn't give him the visa ,since he was missing the Red book. She had to send it to him.(she had it in the united states. after they received the book Then embassy put him in administrative process.

Be aware ladies this can happened to your husbands. Therefore, you should get prepared. http://turkey.usembassy.gov/immigrant_admin_processing.html

jkshrmfeqk.png

ooOcm7.png

event.png

Timeline

Thank you thank you so very much, you have no idea how helpful this is and how appreciative I am to you for this! I cannot express my thanks in words. I have been driving myself crazy and now thanks to you, I can get these ready to go today! So very happy! You are a doll and again thank you!

You welcome. Let me know if you need anything else.

jkshrmfeqk.png

ooOcm7.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Hi all,

Take care everyone!

This will help your husband.

Bende sizinle ayni sureci izleyerek ABD ye geldim geleli yaklasik 3 ay olucak tabi bizim islemler uzun surdu bazi aksiliklerden dolayi siz sanslisiniz islemleriniz cok cabuk sonuclanmis insallah bundan sonrasida bu sekilde ilerler

Siz sanirim hangi evraklari ne sekilde hazirlamaniz gerektigiyle ilgili bilgi almak istiyorsunuz su sekilde anlatmaya calisayim eger sorunuz olur ise benim msn eklersiniz yada email atabilirsiniz

sizin su islemleri yaptiginizi farzediyorum

1- ANK ile baslayan case numarasi ve INN numarasini aldiniz

2-Gerekli olan ucretleri odeniz 420 usd ve 88 usd

3- DS-3032 agent formunu yolladiniz

Eger yukarida yazdiklarim ile ilgilide sorulariniz olursa cekinmeden sorabilirsiniz

Gelelim Sizin hazirlamaniz gereken evraklara

DS-230 form: Part 1 doldurulup imzalanacak

DS-230 Part 2 dolduralacak fakat imzalanmayacak

Sabik kaydi :arsiv kayidi yoktur olarak alicaksiniz.belgeyi aldiginiz adliye sarayindan apostil yaptirip ingilizceye cevirisini yeminli tercumandan yapicaksiniz

Vukuatli nufus:Tum aile bireylerinin icinde yer aldigi olani alacaksiniz kaymakamliktan apostil ve tercumesi

Pasaport : gecerli olan bir pasaport yazili olan sayfalarin fotokopisi apostil veya ceviriye gerek yok

Vize tipi foto:4 adet vize tipi 5x5 arka fon beyaz fazla gulumsemeyin

Evlilik cuzdani :orjinali yolluyacaksaniz sadece apostil yaptiracaksiniz ama ben orjinali yollamanizi tavsiye etmiyorum kaybolma ihtimaline karsi yazili olan tum sayfalarin fotokopisi noterden asli gibidir yapilacak valilikten apostil ve tercumesi

iliskinizi kanitlayici belgeler: emailler ucak biletleri ailece fotolar basbasa iken fotolar telefon gorusmeleri mektuplar otel rezarvasyonlari faturalar vb. cok olmasi gerekli degil ama yollamanizi tavsiye ediyorum

Yolluyacaginiz her evraktanda 1 set copy alip icine koyun 1 set copy de kendinize saklayin

odemeyi yaptiktan sonra NVC nin sayfasina girip ordan barkodlu sayfayi ve odemenin yapildigina dair print almaniz gerekiyor

Link https://ceac.state.gov/CTRAC/Invoice/signon.aspx

evraklarla beraber bu printleride yollayacaksiniz Bu arada siz ve esiniz evraklari yollamadan once yukarida verdigim linke girerek ANK ve INN numarasiyla giris yaptiginda yapmis oldunuz odemelerle ilgili bilgi cikacak orda her iki odeme icinde PAID yazi goruluyorsa evraklari yollayabilirsiniz demektir

NOT : Yolluyacaginiz her evragin sol ust kosesine ANK... ile basliyan numaranizi yazmalisiniz hatta yolluyacaginiz fotonun arkasina adinizi soyadinizi ve ANK ile basliyan numaranizida yazin ANK ile birlikte sadece numara degil tabi

jkshrmfeqk.png

ooOcm7.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.