RIDION

Urgent! THIS IS NOT AN INTERVIEW LETTER.

5 posts in this topic

Hi! My naturalization interview is on the 1st week of June. Today, I received a USCIS mail in a yellow paper that read, THIS IS NOT AN INTERVIEW NOTICE; asking me to bring 3 years of original IRS Form 1722 or to complete Form 4506. sad.gif

During the N-400 application I sent a letter of explanation why I don't have income tax forms. And this is because my husband's disability pension is tax-free & I took care of him instead of working. My husband told me that there's no need to file IRS forms since I don't have an income. Now, I am in a quandary since the interview is fast approaching. What shall I do? What form should I use? What is the process? Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

N-400 TIMELINE

06/06/12 * Naturalization Interview

04/30/12 * Received Interview Letter

04/04/12 * Biometrics

03/10/12 * Received NOA

03/03/12 * N-400 Submitted (AZ)

I-751 TIMELINE

05/18/11 * Received 10 yr Green Card

05/17/11 * Approved

04/04/11 * Biometrics Appointment done

03/21/11 * Received Bio Notice (03/15/11)

03/03/11 * Encashed check

03/01/11 * NOA1 receipt date

02/28/11 * I-751 submitted (CSC)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

This same question keeps on popping up on this board, the IRS and the USCIS are two different government agencies, and if applying for the three year marriage privilege, the USCIS wants to see three years of joint tax returns even though you are not required to file according to IRS law.

Although not required to file tax returns below a minimum wage level, the IRS recommends you do so as you may be eligible for additional benefits. Won't do any good for filling out the 4506 form, request for tax transcripts, if they don't have any of your returns.

Should be able to file an IRS form 1040EZ for tax years 2009, 2010, and 2011 and have a stub for these years showing your disability income, see a tax accountant, mail those in and have three signed copies for your interview. Or you can do it yourself.

Since you did not file taxes there is no way you can provide tax transcripts. You should then submit Form 1722 which is a verification of non-filing which IRS provides to confirm that a taxpayer did not file taxes for a particular year. It can be requested by completing IRS Form 4506-T, checking the box marked "Verification of Non-filing" and mailing it to the IRS or by calling them and have them faxed it to you. Yes 4506-T is Request for Tax Return Transcript but that's what you need fill up. Just check item # 7 for Verification of Non-filing.

Goodluck on your interview and I hope you'll pass and have your oath the same day too! I had mine done in Denver too and I know you can do it!!!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

N400 Timeline:

4/14/12- 3rd yr as PR

1/17/12- mailed packet

Biometrics-- waived

4/25/12- interview- passed & took my oath the same day!!-- US Citizen!!!

My N400 Journey took 3months & 8days!:)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I applied for citizenship in Jan 26th 2012 and have received a notice saying that i am in queue of scheduling. No further notice i received. However i did get a yellow letter asking the same information. I have received all the transcripts for tax returns for three years and stuff. should i also mail it to USCIS?

Since you did not file taxes there is no way you can provide tax transcripts. You should then submit Form 1722 which is a verification of non-filing which IRS provides to confirm that a taxpayer did not file taxes for a particular year. It can be requested by completing IRS Form 4506-T, checking the box marked "Verification of Non-filing" and mailing it to the IRS or by calling them and have them faxed it to you. Yes 4506-T is Request for Tax Return Transcript but that's what you need fill up. Just check item # 7 for Verification of Non-filing.

Goodluck on your interview and I hope you'll pass and have your oath the same day too! I had mine done in Denver too and I know you can do it!!!

Sept 10th 2007 - Sent N400 For Naturalization

Sept 15th 2007 - Meet Fiancee online

December 18th 2007 - Left for india to see fiancee

Jan 1st 2008 - Engaged!!!!!!

Jan 15th 2008 - Biometrics Fingerprinted

May 20th 2008 - Naturalized Citizen

May 30th 2008 - Sent I129 F

June 4th 2008 - NOA 1 Received

July 3rd 2008 - Touched

September 6th 2008 - Left for France.

September 23rd 2008 - NOA2 Received

September 27th 2008 - Will leave for Malaysia from paris.

September 28th 2008 - Will meet fiance after 261 days!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 18th 2008 - Will return back to the US after spending 3 weeks with fiancee.

Dec 28th 2008 - Fiancee Visa approved

Jan 1st 2009 - Fiancee landed on US Soil

Jan 6th 2009 - Married

Jan 30th 2009 - Filed for AOS

May 31st 2009 - AOS Approved

NOA1 - Received on June 4th 2008

Thank you NickD & pepper for helping us out...

My husband talked with a supervisor from the USCIS. She said not to bring any of the said documents if I don't have it, as long as I have "justification." And if I wanted to not that I have to...I can bring my husband's 4506-T as well as the letter from FPPA stating that he has a tax-free disability pension. Just to be sure, I submitted my own 4506-T form to the IRS and I am hoping that i'll receive it before my interview date. Just in case, it does not arrive on time then I have to rely on what the USCIS supervisor told us & copy what antda did on her naturalization interview: (a special thanks to antda for your post that serves as a reference for some of us here)good.gif

http://www.visajourn...butpart-1-of-2/

@ Andy desai...I don't know the answer to your question, but I'm sure somebody from VJ will help you out, too. Good luck to the both of us.

N-400 TIMELINE

06/06/12 * Naturalization Interview

04/30/12 * Received Interview Letter

04/04/12 * Biometrics

03/10/12 * Received NOA

03/03/12 * N-400 Submitted (AZ)

I-751 TIMELINE

05/18/11 * Received 10 yr Green Card

05/17/11 * Approved

04/04/11 * Biometrics Appointment done

03/21/11 * Received Bio Notice (03/15/11)

03/03/11 * Encashed check

03/01/11 * NOA1 receipt date

02/28/11 * I-751 submitted (CSC)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.