Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Confused regarding I131

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: India

I am on H1B (F1 to H1) visa and after marriage i am filing for AOS through my spouse who is a USC. According to the I131 instructions i cant fill I131 as i am on H1B. Since i have never got my H1B stamped, would i need to go for visa interview if i travel outside of USA? We were planning to go for our honeymoon as we have just got married but if i have to go for stamping interview then i would just wait for GC process to complete.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can apply for it. They are telling you you don't need to. I explained in your other thread that if you quit your H1B status then you will need AP. If you keep your status then you don't. You can apply for it and not use it.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...