gretchen_darren

food likes and hates

99 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

There is a lot of fast food in PI. Jollibee, Pizza Hut, Greenwich, McDo, Burger King, Chow King, etc. comes to mind. However my wife likes dried fish cooked. Why does frying dried fish stink so much. I mean like dried fish, but not fried dry fish. But the worse is microwaving dried fish. Some nanas did that at Walmart in the break room. So make sure to teach your wives never to microwave dry fish.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

There is a lot of fast food in PI. Jollibee, Pizza Hut, Greenwich, McDo, Burger King, Chow King, etc. comes to mind. However my wife likes dried fish cooked. Why does frying dried fish stink so much. I mean like dried fish, but not fried dry fish. But the worse is microwaving dried fish. Some nanas did that at Walmart in the break room. So make sure to teach your wives never to microwave dry fish.

I wish I could find dried fish esp my fav dried squid, here in my area. I would love to have it and dip it in pinakurat vinegar. My husband like the pinakurat vinegar and sometimes used it as dressing. I might cook those outside though, no microwave on that coz I want it to be crispy. Hehehe.

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

Food hasn't been a problem here at all. Jessa already knows how she likes her burgers - "no veggies". I guess she figured this out because I treat her like an adult and let her decide what she likes. I've found her brain works just as well as mine. Maybe better. :whistle:

She was also eating breakfast tacos within the first month.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My bride to be, would cook and microwave dried fish in our house. Everytime I would almost vomit and I have a good stomach. The new rule was, I would be drinking beer at the pool and she would have to keep delivering until the smell was gone.. Or I was drunk enough, but the smell lingers forever!!!!

Darren - Im collecting how many times you contradict yourself in these threads and also argue with opinions of others of which you ask for. But I think I'm going to start a new collection, how many times we can get your stupid #### posts closed down!!! :dance:

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Gretchen has done a few "dried fish frying" but mainly does boiled fish. Salted fish is only made over at the "family" house. (if you ever smell salted fish fried you know the smell immediately.) The other agreeement we have is when she cooks filipino food I stay back in the bedroom away from the smell. She has her own diet which she likes right now.

I have decided to give up....it just ain't worth the hassle of trying. I would like to be able to prepare one meal for all, or just make "normal" meals, but I guess this is a part of the cultural thing..... I don't mind white rice, but normally I need gravy or at least soy sauce on it... I love steak, chicken, pork, and hamburger...I don't mind some grilled, or fried fish (but my and her fried fish IS different...and like shrimp... only a few weeks left until the baby is born.... just hope it doesn't get to me if it continues over time....

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

How about you, Mr. Boat? Do you consider yourself "normal"? :bonk::whistle: Your wife and the food are not the problem. The problem is an abnormal personality disorder. Go figure! Need a mirror? :whistle:

:rofl:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

like I said earlier.... what smells good to her, does not smell good to me. and vice versa...we are learning to find foods we like together. I am trying to learn to like her food, but this is a cultural difference in how we were raised.... we learned over time what smells to learn to associate with food. The smell tells us whether it is good or bad food. It is a learning experience...

i am not saying my food or her food is "normal".... but a typical FAMILY meal where you share the food together and eat the same meal.... There is not a her food/his food on the table... What I am driving at is something much deeper which people are not seeing.... it is the sense of family sharing a meal.... the SAME meal, the SAME food regardless of what the food is.... My problem is MOST, not all, but MOST Filipino food does NOT smell good to me. (like some people said, the food in my stomach wants to go back from where it came, versus moving on to the outhouse...) I am trying very, very hard to find FAMILY meals, but I also have 2 sons who are very very American and love American food. (Pizza, hot dogs, spaghetti, mac and cheese, hamburgers, etc) I am trying to accommodate BOTH asawa ko and my sons. My groceries are triple (easily) what they used to be... I have gone from $200 per month to near $600 per month. I can't afford $600 per month then add in Baby needs... Then you take out the food I have thrown out. One week, I threw $120 in steaks into the garbage, not including, soups, potato salad, lunch meat, lettuce, fish, vegetables, etc. I never said a word about it.... it hurts to throw out that much money... it also hurts worse when trying to make food and the only one eating it is you.... asawa ko seems to accept it, but I come from backwoods country... I try to eat her food. I try to learn....

People say about me being heavy and my weight... and she sees the people in the "family" being big saying they were small at one time. their photos, they never were "small" like her. asawa ko wanats to stay the way she is.... so she has this diet and it avoids most American foods. My problem is not the food, but hernia surgeries. One never healed right, then I ate meals at 11 pm before going to bed for a year... (very good way to gain weight.) People who see me and my oldest boy, think we are alike. People don't understand, I could eat anything all day long.... and not gain weight. I weighed 120 pounds, 5'11" inches at 18. I weighed 160 pounds at 5'11" at 25. my family and I know what I was before I was ever married or had kids...people who know me from being a kid or in college no longer recognize me. hard to convince them it is me in facebook...

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

your too hung up on the food being served. the important thing is to have a meal together as a FAMILY.

:thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.