ichi

Interview Appointment - It came SO FAST!

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Laos
Timeline

My husband and I sent his Naturalization Application on March 21. Last Tuesday, on May 8th, he went for Biometrics. Yesterday we got the Interview Notice in the mail...he's scheduled exactly one month from yesterday. Isn't that pretty speedy?? From everything I've read from my NoLo book and the Seattle Field office processing times also indicated that post biometrics, the interview notice comes w/in 1-2 months and within 2 weeks prior to the interview date.

So, wow. We're surprised. Shocked. :wow:

He's been studying the Civics Questions for months now. Knows them all by heart (better than I do!) That's not an issue. Reading: Fine. Writing: should be okay, although there may be some difficulty with some synonyms. He's got the study guide for the words and is likewise studying those diligently.

What else should we be doing to prepare? How to study the application itself in preparation for the interview?

What to bring? Should he bring my original birth certificate? or is a copy ok? his birth certificate? IRS tax transcripts? The whole copy of the file we sent to USCIS? Passport photos?

Please advise.

We knoweth not what to do.

*10/6/09 - sent I-751, priority mail and signature upon receipt....biting nails (when will NOA arrive?)

*10/8/09 - packet received at USCIS 10:22am

*11/5/09 - biometrics

*11/19/09 - email from USCIS stating approval!!!!!!

11/27/09 - Green card arrived in mail! wow, it's *over*!

3/15/12 - sent N-400 packet

3/21/12 - packet received at USCIS

5/8/12 - biometrics

6/14/12 - Interview Date!

6/14/2012 - Approved! Oath Ceremony completed!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

some time you are sent a yellow letter for documents to bring to the interview,but to be on the safe side bring all your original documents and other evidence you have, tax transcripts three years,the other file you sent,it'sbetter to have all papers just in case needed, they may never ask for any thing.before your called in to his office your case file was already looked at on his desk. he will ask you to raise your righ hand an swear to tell the truth, then go over your n-400 then the 10 civi questions test, the ask you to wright some thing in english.if all is good your out in 10 minutes good luck.

My suggestion - which is what I also did - is to be over prepared than under prepared. Take originals and copies of items you've already submitted. In addition, go over the application and remember the dates on it (travel, marraige, birthdays, etc...)

They may not ask for anything or they may ask for many things - no one understands their behavior.

Greencard, DL, passport, children birth certificates(if you have children)...

That should do it

Congrats!

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.