8 posts in this topic

My wife and I are applying fro her to relocate to the US and have sent our application to Chicago Lockbox this past Thursday. Does anyone know how long it takes from here before receiving a response or if there's someone I can contact to find any information w/o interrupting the process? I'm afraid of missing the email that they are supposed to contact me by so if there is any information you have it will be greatly appreciated.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

5-6 months of waiting. You have a very long wait ahead of you.

Are you a US citizen or legal resident? You do not have your timeline filled in and your question is confusing since you say you sent in your application but you are adjustment of status pending?

Please give more details as my above comment could be wrong.

Edited by Inky

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

My wife and I are applying fro her to relocate to the US and have sent our application to Chicago Lockbox this past Thursday. Does anyone know how long it takes from here before receiving a response or if there's someone I can contact to find any information w/o interrupting the process? I'm afraid of missing the email that they are supposed to contact me by so if there is any information you have it will be greatly appreciated.

Hi - can you make it a little clearer at what point in the process you are? Your profile says Adjustment of Status pending - is your wife here in the US with you? If so what visa did she enter the country with? Or perhaps VWP.

If she is in the UK is the application you sent to the Chicago Lockbox the I-130 for the spousal visa?

And when you say how long it takes to get a response - do you mean the first acknowledgement that they have received your application or a response to approve or deny the application?

LOL... He is my husband, I'm guessing this is his "attempt" to understand the whole process for himself... :blush:

I'm sorry hun, I'm don't even get the actual question :bonk: that you've posted in the wrong forum. Next time post in the IR-1 / CR-1 Spouse Visa Process & Procedures

He is a US citizen, and we sent off the I-130 spousal visa last week... Sorry he's filled in the wrong info on his timeline :rofl: , mine is correct though :D I am still in the UK.

Mr.Hovington, your question needs a bit more clarity!

02/17/02: KH & PH started dating

11/11/06: Married in the UK

05/10/12: Sent off I-130 via Express Mail

05/11/12: I-130 signed for at Chicago Lockbox

05/11/12: Priority date for I-130

05/21/12: Received NOA1 hardcopy VSC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

lol at least hes giving it a go at trying to understand!

Sounds like hes worried to not get mail on important progress but you guys have quite a wait ahead of you still. The NOA1 should arrive in his mail within a 2-3 week period after the check is cashed. He should be able to check with his bank/online about when it is cashed if it was a personal check.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

** Moving from Bringing Family of greencard holders to CR-1 forum as OP is USC ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

LOL...ok...Yes I am new to this and trying to understand the process. I am trying to find out when we will have our initial response to see if they received it and how long it takes to get our answer of approval but I have gotten some of the answers. thank you to everyone for responding especially my (F)(L) beautiful wife (L)(F)...who called me laughing because apparently I'm in the wrong forum :bonk:

LOL... He is my husband, I'm guessing this is his "attempt" to understand the whole process for himself... :blush:

I'm sorry hun, I'm don't even get the actual question :bonk: that you've posted in the wrong forum. Next time post in the IR-1 / CR-1 Spouse Visa Process & Procedures

He is a US citizen, and we sent off the I-130 spousal visa last week... Sorry he's filled in the wrong info on his timeline :rofl: , mine is correct though :D I am still in the UK.

Mr.Hovington, your question needs a bit more clarity!

LOL...ok...Yes I am new to this and trying to understand the process. I am trying to find out when we will have our initial response to see if they received it and how long it takes to get our answer of approval but I have gotten some of the answers. thank you to everyone for responding especially my (F)(L) beautiful wife (L)(F)...who called me laughing because apparently I'm in the wrong forum :bonk:

That's funny - :lol: :lol:

01/27/2011 - Trevor's N400 submitted
02/18/2011 - Married
04/02/2011 - NOA1 hard copy received - priority date 03/30/2011
07/08/2011 - Trevor is now a USC - called USCIS to request upgrade of the petition.
08/02/2011 - NOA2
09/08/2011 - LND case number received, medical booked
09/26/2011 - Case complete at NVC
09/30/2011 - Interview date assigned
11/08/2011 - Interview - approved!!
11/10/2011 - Visa in hand
12/04/2011 - POE in Atlanta
12/12/2011 - SSN number received in mail
12/12/2011 - Welcome notice received
01/06/2012 - Green card received
09/06/2013 - File for Removal of Conditions
10/01/2013 - Biometrics for ROC
02/03/2014 - Card production email received

02/17/2014 - 2nd card production email received

02/28/2014 - 10 year Green card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.