jaytin

how to apply k-2 visa

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi VJ's, i got here in Chicago for 3 months now and I entered as fiancee (k-1 visa), im married now and filed the AOS last week, now me and my hubby planned to get my daughter in my counntry, may I asked what are the forms that we need to fill up and whats the procedure for the k-2? thank you

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Post made in wrong section

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Hi VJ's, i got here in Chicago for 3 months now and I entered as fiancee (k-1 visa), im married now and filed the AOS last week, now me and my hubby planned to get my daughter in my counntry, may I asked what are the forms that we need to fill up and whats the procedure for the k-2? thank you

here's a link to the Embassy webpage with links to interview preparation instructions. http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3224.html

the forms are basically the same as a K-1. the DS-156k is not needed. what is the age of the child? NBI Clearance is not needed if under 16 years old. the child will need a medical. have you decided who will accompany the child to the medical and to the interview?

CFO Website... http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1347%3Afor-filipinos-leaving-the-country-with-an-immigrant-visa&catid=139&Itemid=833

here you can find the requirements for registering the child with CFO. IF over age 12, I believe there is a Peer Conseling Session.

hopefully someone will chime in with recent experience scheduling an interview for K-2 follow to join.

Edited by sunandmoon

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

email USEM that your daughter is ready for the k2, once they replied go ahead and do her medical, pay visa fee & sched your interview online. forms will be same as yours when you did k1, bc, g325 etc, affidavit of support

Earn a $15 Gift Card!http://refer.xoom.com/a/clk/2BjwkwUse ENJOYDEC code to send free :)

Filed: Timeline

what if the child age is 12 yrs old now, and included in the 129f petition and approved..Does she needs to fill up all those forms like in K1?Or i can just set an medical and interview appointment using the same manila case number?,Does she still entitle to bring separate documents for the interview like 156 and 157 etc? ? i am confused, pls i need some information too regarding k2. i am here in the US as K1 but i have a daughter who will join to follow...thank you so much...

what if the child age is 12 yrs old now, and included in the 129f petition and approved..Does she needs to fill up all those forms like in K1?Or i can just set an medical and interview appointment using the same manila case number?,Does she still entitle to bring separate documents for the interview like 156 and 157 etc? ? i am confused, pls i need some information too regarding k2. i am here in the US as K1 but i have a daughter who will join to follow...thank you so much...

every visa applicant needs to submit visa application form(s). the K-2 will need to submit the DS-156 and DS-157, but not the DS-156k. yes, you will be using the same Manila Case Number.. I had a K-2, but my daughter came at the same time as her mom.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.