mrsbourffada

two NOA 1's?????

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

From reading the information provided on VJ, I thought while my petition was in the USCIS stage, there would be NOA1, and NOA2, and any RFE's that might come in. Well, I got what I believed to be NOA1 back at the beginning of April. Today, I received a second notice of action that had very similar information as the first one that I received, except this one had information about processing and gave me a priority date of April 9th. I'm really confused about why I have two very similar NOAs with the same receipt number and information, except for that priority date, and the notice date on the second one is for the 9th of May. So, I picked up the phone and called USCIS, I talked to a customer service representative, and he said he would need to transfer me to someone else. While waiting for someone else to answer, the call suddenly disconnected. I grumbled, redialed, went through the whole automated system again and was told I would have to call back between 8am and 8pm. I'm with CSC, and I live in Washington state. It was 7pm when I called... maybe their call center is located out of our time zone, I don't know. So, I'm going to call back tomorrow and hopefully get the NOAs worked out. Until then... can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks for any input!

PS: what does this priority date mean? do I calculate my NOA2 from that date? or the notice date?

Edited by mrsbourffada
pAAEm7.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

do the words 'approval notice' appear anywhere on the I-797-C formletters that you've received?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

nope... they both say they are notices that they received the petition. maybe I should take a picture of them and attach them to a post. I don't even know if I can do that lol.

pAAEm7.png

Timeline

do the words 'approval notice' appear anywhere on the I-797-C formletters that you've received?

It's really strange. It's like they're the same thing, but they used two different versions of the form. The latest one includes a section of information on processing time, information about the I-30, Applications requiring biometrics, and if your address changes and of course that priority date.. The first one just says that they received I-130 and then shows my husbands birthdate and name, and asks if any of the information is incorrect to call them.

pAAEm7.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.