Synthetrix

Green card after AOS interview - How soon?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

:( We had our interview in Miami in May 06...still no news :crying:

So you'll probably call the USCIS national customer service...they will tell you to wait 4 months so they can give you any informations....after the 4 month they will then tell you to wait 30 more days...after the 30 days they will inquiry with your local office....and still NO NEWS....

Hopefully u won't have to wait so long ...it is nerve breaking and hard to stay focus on the daily flow of life.

Good Luck.

Let us know how it goes. :D

And by the way how your interview Experience?

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

help: :help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help:

Hi, I think we have same situation. Me and my husband just done our enterview last Sept. 1, 2006 in our local USCIS in Denver CO. The consul told us that we just wait after 2 weeks for our greencard but its already more than a month still theres no greencard or Welcome note. I tried to called up the USCIS for follow up and i talked to a Immigration Officer and she told me to make a online appointment on our local USCIS office for that. But i'm kinda confuse if i should do that or should we just wait. Hope anybody who can read this and has a same situation like us will give us some advice or share there same experience with us to help us give us some info. Thank you so much and Looking forward for you response. We will truly appreciate it.

Ann and Bob

Timeline

The interview was short and sweet. Nothing unusual and the guy was really friendly. He did however say that because we got to the interview stage so quickly, they had not finished the background check yet. How long can that take. She's a nurse from Hong Kong! Anyway they said if we do not hear anything after 90 days, to contact them, so thats what we'll do come the end of November. I hope it's not too long as she really wants to get back to work. She can't even get a drivers license here until she gets the green card. We were turned down at the DMV when we went because there was only a couple weeks left on the orginal K-1 visa entry. The crackdown on illegal aliens here in Cali and all.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
The interview was short and sweet. Nothing unusual and the guy was really friendly. He did however say that because we got to the interview stage so quickly, they had not finished the background check yet. How long can that take. She's a nurse from Hong Kong! Anyway they said if we do not hear anything after 90 days, to contact them, so thats what we'll do come the end of November. I hope it's not too long as she really wants to get back to work. She can't even get a drivers license here until she gets the green card. We were turned down at the DMV when we went because there was only a couple weeks left on the orginal K-1 visa entry. The crackdown on illegal aliens here in Cali and all.

I read your post, and I'm also in California. Things here seem to be tougher because of the border situation. I haven't had my interview yet (it's in 15 days!). I was wondering if I could get a SSN before my interview, although I already have one from years ago, when I worked at the University I went to in Florida. However, my SSN card says it's valid only with INS authorization, which leads me to believe that it is not valid at the moment. I hope your greencard arrives soon!

My story:

09/23/2002 - Met Chris online, there was something very special about this guy =0)

07/16/2006 - We got married in Reno, Nevada.

USCIS:

08/13/2006 - Filed for AOS, AP, EAD - they were VERY carefully packaged with a detailed cover sheet on top of each of the forms, just as VJ's instructions recommend. It was A LOT of work, but it did pay off! (we firmly believe this is what sped up our process big time)

08/31/2006 - Biometrics appointment

09/09/2006 - Received my AOS appointment date!

10/26/2006 - EAD touched and AP APPROVED!

10/27/2006 - AOS appointment at 7:30 AM! APPROVED IN EXACTLY 70 DAYS!!!

11/01/2006 - EAD approved

11/02/2006 - Email notification - greencard will be mailed as soon as it is ready! YAY again!

11/02/2006 - Welcome to the United States of America letter in the mail! Almost there! =)

11/06/2006 - EAD card and White card (a.k.a. greencard) arrive in the mail!

Journey Total Duration: 80 days

Filed for removal of conditions on 07-28-2008 and had them removed on 09-10-2008

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We had our interview mid August in Omaha. Still waiting for FBI check I guess.

AOS

Mailed AOS & EAD to Chicago--01-18-06

Chicago Recieved----------------01-20-06

NOA-1 for AOS & EAD-----------01-28-06

RFE........................................03-04-06

Biometrics.in ST Paul.Mn..........04-15-06

2nd RFE..................................04-17-06

E-Mail notice EAD approved....05-26-06

EAD Recieved.........................05-29-06

AOS interview..........................08-18-06

Green card notice.....................01-19-07

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.