8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Can anyone help me with my problem. I am K1 visa holder and my visa will expire this coming June 4, 2012, me and my fiance was able to get married last may 4, but we may have a problem by not filling the adjustment of status because of financial problems. Is is OK that not to file the adjustment of status within that 90 days as long as we are married?

Timeline

Can anyone help me with my problem. I am K1 visa holder and my visa will expire this coming June 4, 2012, me and my fiance was able to get married last may 4, but we may have a problem by not filling the adjustment of status because of financial problems. Is is OK that not to file the adjustment of status within that 90 days as long as we are married?

Just file the AOS as soon as possible. It doesn't matter that the K1 VISA expires in 90 days. You already met the requirements and married within 90 days, so concentrate on getting all of the documentation ready for the AOS and file it as soon as you are financially able to do so. Also make sure you get the Social Security number before it and the I-94 expires or you will have to wait until the green card is received. Watch out for the greedy Civil Surgeon trap of having to take another exam with them. You don't have to as your fiancee's medical from Saint Lukes should be less than one year old. Some VJ'ers have filed their AOS without the I-693, sent is their DS-3025 for the immunizations and have not had any issues with an RFE. Just make sure you get all of the immuizations that are required and see if they can be documented in the DS-3025. If only a Civil Surgeon can do it, then look at the link below and find some of them in your area and call around. Explain to them that your wife had her medical exam less than one year and you only need the immunization portion of the I-693 filled out and certfied by them, not a complete medical exam. If you coordiante with one that is not greedy and will do the immunization portion only, then fax your DS-3025 to them and have them identify the shots that are required for them to sign off on the I-693 and get the shots done at your family physician, which if your wife is on your medical insurance, should be cheaper. Have them give you the record of immunizations they gave you to bring you up to what the Civil Surgeon needs in ordewr to sign the I-693. They will prepare the form, you will then go to their office and pay their admin fee for preparing the I-693, which should be less than $50.00. They will seal the envelope and siagn it in accordance with USCIS procedures and hand it back to you. Ask for an extra copy of the I-693 they signed and also the updated/transcribed DS-3025 in case USCIS loses the paperwork. A lot of Civil Surgeons are corrupt and greedy. You just have to weed them out. I found one in my area that will only charge $25.00. Search the guides for any other questions under the "Guides" at the top of the VJ web page. Good Luck.

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=CIV

To clarify, the K1 visa expires the moment you use it to enter the United States. It is not a 90 day visa, it is a one time entry visa.

Timeline

Just file the AOS as soon as possible. It doesn't matter that the K1 VISA expires in 90 days. You already met the requirements and married within 90 days, so concentrate on getting all of the documentation ready for the AOS and file it as soon as you are financially able to do so. Also make sure you get the Social Security number before it and the I-94 expires or you will have to wait until the green card is received. Watch out for the greedy Civil Surgeon trap of having to take another exam with them. You don't have to as your fiancee's medical from Saint Lukes should be less than one year old. Some VJ'ers have filed their AOS without the I-693, sent is their DS-3025 for the immunizations and have not had any issues with an RFE. Just make sure you get all of the immuizations that are required and see if they can be documented in the DS-3025. If only a Civil Surgeon can do it, then look at the link below and find some of them in your area and call around. Explain to them that your wife had her medical exam less than one year and you only need the immunization portion of the I-693 filled out and certfied by them, not a complete medical exam. If you coordiante with one that is not greedy and will do the immunization portion only, then fax your DS-3025 to them and have them identify the shots that are required for them to sign off on the I-693 and get the shots done at your family physician, which if your wife is on your medical insurance, should be cheaper. Have them give you the record of immunizations they gave you to bring you up to what the Civil Surgeon needs in ordewr to sign the I-693. They will prepare the form, you will then go to their office and pay their admin fee for preparing the I-693, which should be less than $50.00. They will seal the envelope and siagn it in accordance with USCIS procedures and hand it back to you. Ask for an extra copy of the I-693 they signed and also the updated/transcribed DS-3025 in case USCIS loses the paperwork. A lot of Civil Surgeons are corrupt and greedy. You just have to weed them out. I found one in my area that will only charge $25.00. Search the guides for any other questions under the "Guides" at the top of the VJ web page. Good Luck.

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=CIV

thank you so much for this comprehensive reply.. we all have the necessary documents the only thing we dont have is the $1,070 fee. We are just worried because my I-94 as well as my visa will end this coming june 4, 2012. can we still file the AOS after that? and is there any problems that we may encounter?

Timeline

To clarify, the K1 visa expires the moment you use it to enter the United States. It is not a 90 day visa, it is a one time entry visa.

Oh yeah.. thank u for reminding me that.. but my concern is that is it ok not to file that AOS within that 90 days?

Oh yeah.. thank u for reminding me that.. but my concern is that is it ok not to file that AOS within that 90 days?

Yeah file when you are ready but remember when you don't apply within 180 days after your I-94 expires, don't mind applying for the Advance Parole, it won't be usable. And you won't have any immigration benefit until you actually file the AOS. Good luck.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

You only have to get married in that 90 days. File AOS as soon as possible, but there is no time requirement.

Timeline

i am here in skokie, Illinois? could u know any doctor here?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.