beachgirl

Last and final question about interview.. Hopefully..

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So, I have all my ducks, but the row isn't looking so great at the moment. I'm curious about bringing paperwork to the interview. My fiance gave me a binder of a copy of the exact I-129 package with everything in it. Should I bring it to the interview? I'm thinking they will have it there.. I have extra stuff as well, flight tickets, photos etc. since the original package was sent, I plan to bring it as well. I have the rest of the stuff listed in order I think. Should i have photocopies of the birth certs? Anything else I should photocopy? I will need some sort if ID to get on the plane home and i'm hoping the give me the birth certs back..

If anyone knows of something that might not be mentioned in checklists etc. please share :)

TIA!

:)

oh ps... My son will be with me, at the interview is there somewhere he can sit and wait? I know cause of his age he probably wont be questioned, but I can't leave him either.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So, I have all my ducks, but the row isn't looking so great at the moment. I'm curious about bringing paperwork to the interview. My fiance gave me a binder of a copy of the exact I-129 package with everything in it. Should I bring it to the interview? I'm thinking they will have it there.. I have extra stuff as well, flight tickets, photos etc. since the original package was sent, I plan to bring it as well. I have the rest of the stuff listed in order I think. Should i have photocopies of the birth certs? Anything else I should photocopy? I will need some sort if ID to get on the plane home and i'm hoping the give me the birth certs back..

If anyone knows of something that might not be mentioned in checklists etc. please share :)

TIA!

oh ps... My son will be with me, at the interview is there somewhere he can sit and wait? I know cause of his age he probably wont be questioned, but I can't leave him either.

The waiting room is fairly large with chairs! Thats where you will spend the majority of ur time while at the Consulate!

I had a plastic accordian style binder (that had like 13 slots) I had copies of all the paperwork and certificates! And brought soem evidence, but not a lot as 99.999% of the time they dont look at it. I had some airline receipts, pictures, but I didnt go over board! Everything I had fit nicely into that accordian plastic binder

Keep ur passport and the interview letter at the very front as the guards will want to see it.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ask for the original birth certs back. You need birth certs again later for the rest of the process so you must keep your originals.

Make sure you have copys to give to the interviewer.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I will need some sort if ID to get on the plane home and i'm hoping the give me the birth certs back..

TIA!

You'll need photo ID for your flight. So make sure you have drivers license or provincial ID.

1 Dec 2011 Mailed I-130
8 Dec 2011 NOA 1
20 Dec 2011 NOA 2

NVC

17 Jan 2012 Phoned NVC. Case Number allocated
18 Jan 2012 Emails received re AOS fee and Agent
20 Jan 2012 Electronic opt in email sent & response received
20 Jan 2012 AOS fee paid
20 Jan 2012 Form DS-261 Choice of agent filed
27 Jan 2012 Email received re choice of agent received. Can now pay IV bill
29 Jan 2012 IV bill paid
31 Jan 2012 Received written notification case at NVC (dated 18 Jan)
8 Feb 2012 Emailed AOS
9 Feb 2012 DS-260 submitted online & docs emailed
14 Feb 2012 Case Complete
5 Mar 2012 received email - interview date 10 April
10 Apr 2012 Visa Approved
10 Apr 2012 Email from Loomis - passport picked up from Consulate

June 2012 Moved back to US

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Bring photocopis of everything. They will keep photocopies of birth certs, passport bio pages, W2s (if you didnt use tax transcripts), etc. They should have everything you sent to USCIS but it doesnt hurt to bring a copy of your 129F.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.